Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
1 minute ago, A Frayed Knot said:

Gritters out in force down here @andy989 where is your location. 

Dinorwic, I live down a single track lane that doesn't get gritted. Where are you?

Edited by andy989

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder & Lightning, Thundersnow, Storms, Heatwave

Dropped to around 1c here in Pembrokeshire 9pm, with the earlier rain/hail/sleet frozen on top of the car.

Quickly rose to 4.7c in the last hour! Was not expecting anything from tonight here either way, but hopeful of seeing something in the next few days. ❄️ 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Weather

Slowly getting whiter - now 0C 

0EAD3012-3F93-4769-807F-80AEC78AAB8B.jpeg

• Like 5

Posted
11 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

I'm not expecting alot here but it'd be nice to see snow falling at least.

Calm down its coming, like a skating rink outside and I got cloud cover now and a little bit of wind. You will see it falling soon. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

The rain has reached Swansea

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Sunny Summers/Cold Wintry Winters

Snowing here now as well turned from sleet to flakes. 

• Like 1

Posted

Hopefully I'll be eating these words later, but has something gone a bit wrong tonight? It's raining here, in an area that was expected to see some snow, and the front is moving through at a fair old speed which means it'll clear Southeast Wales within an hour or so. Disappointing.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Jackfrost said:

Hopefully I'll be eating these words later, but has something gone a bit wrong tonight? It's raining here, in an area that was expected to see some snow, and the front is moving through at a fair old speed which means it'll clear Southeast Wales within an hour or so. Disappointing.

Raining here too. Think I'll just go back to sleep.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and Snowstorms
2 minutes ago, Jackfrost said:

Ah balls, this doesn't give me much hope for my relatively low-level region between Bristol & Bath, feel for ya!

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

So basically every weather chart was wrong for the majority of Wales

It's quite bizarre, looking at the UKV 0z run forecasts 2-3'c for S Wales with marginal dew-points around 0'c. Yet you check XCWeather and says Cardiff Airport is at 6'c with 3'c dewpoint, baffling to me.

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Ben Sainsbury said:

It's quite bizarre, looking at the UKV 0z run forecasts 2-3'c for S Wales with marginal dew-points around 0'c. Yet you check XCWeather and says Cardiff Airport is at 6'c with 3'c dewpoint, baffling to me.

I just don't understand how things like this can go wrong at short notice. Nevermind on to the next chance of snow.

Posted
15 minutes ago, Ben Sainsbury said:

Ah balls, this doesn't give me much hope for my relatively low-level region between Bristol & Bath, feel for ya!

Well, the low itself is beginning its pivot over Cheshire and it'll slowly decay and drift south with its dribs and drabs of (possibly) something wintry throughout the day over (probably) the Southeast Wales/Gloucestershire/Bristol areas, but as for the main band, it does look like a bust unfortunately!

What's falling outside right now is quite sleety, I suppose, but even that's less than what my already limited expectations had allowed for.

Edited by Jackfrost
  • Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Jackfrost said:

Well, the low itself is beginning its pivot over Cheshire and it'll slowly decay and drift south with its dribs and drabs through out the day over (probably) the Southeast Wales/Gloucestershire/Bristol areas, but as for the main band, it does look like a bust unfortunately!

What's falling outside right now is quite sleety, I suppose, but even that's less than my already limited expectations.

Yeah that's right, my assumption is the coldest air is on the NE side of the band, so if it's pivoting further N & E than expected then I guess there's your answer. Fingers crossed much of you in S Wales should see a number of better opportunities in the near future

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Started as rain here in South Cheshire then turned to heavy snow been snowing for about an hour now 

C.S

20201228_034216.jpg

• Like 3