Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Wales/Cymru Regional Weather Discussion

Posted
    1 hour ago, georgiedre said:

Tbh I live in nw wales and I can't see accumulation of snow unless your 200m upwards but I'm hoping I'm wrong

16 minutes ago, freeze for all said:

Must hit warmer sectors as it filters south causing rain 🌧 not snow?

As wind swings to a North colder air filters NorthWales first in the firing line Sleet then snow showers moves south .This is were it gets complicated a LP moves west to east monday night(as I said earlier)not boring weather!.Looking foreward outlooks atm Pressure is going to the build from the east,no sign of milder weather until at least January the 5th.

Edited by keithlucky
    Error
    • Like 2
    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 4.5k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

12z Oh look it’s a beast,  Gonna hit the south east,  It’s a stonker, quite a feast If it hits the South east!    18z Ok look a Kent clipper It will be brutal, 

Seems to be dying out here now. Definitely a nice surprise though. This last month has been incredibly difficult for me as my mum passed away two days before Christmas. So these snow events have reall

Looking good Wales !! Have to confess I've always had a soft spot for the Welsh, they were very very welcoming to Poles after World War 2.( I'm polish heritage). I used to go a place called

Posted Images

Posted
    25 minutes ago, andymusic said:

image.thumb.png.ab695debbd5dff97d9b8d8ab862a8aa7.png

image.thumb.png.21e86364cf42c2cc80bbf971589d42e6.png

Borrowed, If this was bingo we be shouting HOUSE!!

Screenshot_20201226-122413_Chrome.jpg

• Like 2
    Posted
    54 minutes ago, Jayfromcardiff said:

Everywhere but SE and E Wales lol.

Look Jade just a guide not gospel

Screenshot_20201226-131014_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Norrance
    Unnecessary remark removed
    • Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...

Hope everyone had a lovely restful day yesterday 😉.   Do take care tonight - some models are suggesting that wind gusts up to 90mph could occur in exposed places either side of midnight - even inland.  70mph gusts widely expected and heavy rain could cause considerable disruption.   ECM winds gusts for tonight....

01E2F750-3CE6-4C34-A6FF-A276ABC89747.thumb.png.079b6bfdc6dec93e557400a148947e93.png

• Thanks 3
    Posted

according to gfs 12z - back edge snow tomorrow morning early

image.thumb.png.7af739d1c55dcdbc3efb052f288710e8.png

image.thumb.png.8e0af7754c845177bd7a420b59e56c7e.png

Edited by andymusic
    • Like 4
    Posted
    41 minutes ago, andymusic said:

according to gfs 12z - back edge snow tomorrow morning early

image.thumb.png.7af739d1c55dcdbc3efb052f288710e8.png

image.thumb.png.8e0af7754c845177bd7a420b59e56c7e.png

Interesting but with such strong winds I can’t see back edge snow myself, certainly snow showers as the day progresses and winds slacken = less sea modification to 2m temps and dew point. 

Posted

latest euro 4 for midday monday

image.thumb.png.be025e332b3cafc225351eb48c6c10b5.png

harmonie going for west wales early monday morning

image.thumb.png.619839825aed809b6d1e79e0e03c568e.png

Edited by andymusic
    • Like 3
    Posted
    47 minutes ago, andymusic said:

latest euro 4 for midday monday

image.thumb.png.be025e332b3cafc225351eb48c6c10b5.png

harmonie going for west wales early monday morning

image.thumb.png.619839825aed809b6d1e79e0e03c568e.png

Nice to see Nicky F is giving snow Across Wales Monday morning given a nice covering.So the LP runs west to east over Wales delivers what the charts are saying.Wait for the yellow warning to come out tommorow.Let this be the first of many snowfall this winter.

Edited by keithlucky
    • Like 3
    • Thanks 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow and hot sun
    16 minutes ago, andymusic said:

anim_bis3.gif.d6effe0934c13a9f1c907bcefa

Does this mean that we ( Strumble Head, Pembrokeshire) could possibly see.... Snow

Posted
    15 minutes ago, andymusic said:

anim_bis3.gif.d6effe0934c13a9f1c907bcefa

Nice to see the wrap around Andy means some areas of of has 2 bites of the same front.

• Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Do we know yet if low laying costal areas in the south are going to be in the wrong/right side of marignal for snow Monday or will we have to wait till tomorrow to get a better idea? 

Posted
    Just now, andymusic said:

image.thumb.png.9ec1450142685f2049ea5a2cce6ff904.png

don't you just love these charts

Absolutely Andy 😁 Perffaith i Gymru...wax those sleds!

Posted
    1 minute ago, DeepSnow said:

Do we know yet if low laying costal areas in the south are going to be in the wrong/right side of marignal for snow Monday or will we have to wait till tomorrow to get a better idea? 

to be honest with you mountain forecasts from the met are generally keeping freezing point around 200m during the day especially but down to ground level during night time - so if the timing is right things could work out well even for low lying areas

• Thanks 1
    Posted
    3 minutes ago, DeepSnow said:

didn't you used to live in Bridgend? How long you been in Barry? defo closer to the sea there

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!
    4 minutes ago, andymusic said:

to be honest with you mountain forecasts from the met are generally keeping freezing point around 200m during the day especially but down to ground level during night time - so if the timing is right things could work out well even for low lying areas

Well can hope for something in the night lol I uses to live in Bridgend yeah but been in Barry since March when moved into the other halfs, about 2 miles inland and only 40m above sea level so not got much if anything going in my favour with snowfall unless everything falls right 😂😭

Edited by DeepSnow
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes of all kinds...

Well it’s getting pretty wild out there now.  Sort of roaring noises going on around the corners of the house as the wind really picks up.  I don’t like the look of the large band of rain which is coming with it - we already have enough water in the rivers around here.  At least the possibility of some white stuff on Monday is something to look forward to, even at Strumble Head (although you are very close to the sea, Penfoel!).  Certain to be some snow on the Preselis soon which is always a good thing to see. ❄️❄️❄️❄️

Posted
    1 minute ago, Sky Full said:

Well it’s getting pretty wild out there now.  Sort of roaring noises going on around the corners of the house as the wind really picks up.  I don’t like the look of the large band of rain which is coming with it - we already have enough water in the rivers around here.  At least the possibility of some white stuff on Monday is something to look forward to, even at Strumble Head (although you are very close to the sea, Penfoel!).  Certain to be some snow on the Preselis soon which is always a good thing to see. ❄️❄️❄️❄️

yep very wild up here - sounds like a jet engine - Mumbles up to 69 mph gusts and Aberdaron up to 83 mph gusts

• Like 1