Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Output Discussion - Colder spell ending, what's to follow?

Paul

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

This run shows how important the angle and strength of any split is

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, cold!
2 minutes ago, Scott Ingham said:

Look at how that low pressure is just filling in situ. Its a shame more energy isn't going South but there's still time for that because as catacol says there's still room for more amplification to be added to the system 

Yes, and T192, and it’s also worth noting events further up the red line on the other side of the world;

14EDBDD8-B4D1-4025-BAC9-8AE612C2342E.thumb.jpeg.6d6c9e84b7deb1e37a962b9bf7766cff.jpeg

Can’t see those 2 bits of the vortex coming together anytime soon!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold ,snow
28 minutes ago, MATT☀️ said:

I'm not seeing anything from tonight's EC46 that suggests major cold will begin appearing in the next few days. If anything going towards the latter part of the month suggests the EXETER update may be onto something with a chance of milder wetter conditions by this time.. Low pressure anchored over Iceland and increasing Heights over iberia... Know significant Heights over Greenland or Scandy... The ural block still in place, and perhaps a tad more displaced South.. Temps around avareage. 

Yes you'd suspect these guys would be picking up on anything in the outlook worth a mention and all the data at there disposal. Me I've zero idea

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Mike Poole said:

Yes, and T192, and it’s also worth noting events further up the red line on the other side of the world;

14EDBDD8-B4D1-4025-BAC9-8AE612C2342E.thumb.jpeg.6d6c9e84b7deb1e37a962b9bf7766cff.jpeg

Agreed mate this split is a little too far east and angled 10 o clock to 4 o clock however. We need the spilt more 12 to 6 or 1 to 7

• Like 1

Posted
16 minutes ago, Catacol said:

That's a bit like saying Jurgen Klopp agrees with your interpretation of the Gegenpress......

This should be pinned, framed and printed on mugs and t-shirts for prosperity.

Had me smiling like Klopp too! 

Nice when everyone's being nice, would have thought it was directly proportional to good synoptics...

The only shame is that the 18z didn't get the message... 

gfsnh-0-210 (1).png

Edited by Griff
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
2 minutes ago, Mike Poole said:

Mike, the split is more like this on this run. Hence, it will take longer to get any joy out of this.

EB36E425-D1DC-414D-B393-9692FC0CF359.thumb.jpeg.34a201b6b511b6108f4017588cdf55fd.jpeg

we need a split as close as possible to greenland

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, chionomaniac said:

This run shows how important the angle and strength of any split is

Needs to be more 1 o clock to 7 than 10am to 4pm. Its pushed the pattern too far east and a portion of the vortex closer to the west coast of Greenland 

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, chionomaniac said:

Mike, the split is more like this on this run. Hence, it will take longer to get any joy out of this.

EB36E425-D1DC-414D-B393-9692FC0CF359.thumb.jpeg.34a201b6b511b6108f4017588cdf55fd.jpeg

we need a split as close as possible to greenland

Yeah agreed!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Frost and snow. A quiet autumn day is also good.

Deleted.

Edited by Catacol
  • Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Scott Ingham said:

Agreed mate this split is a little too far east and angled 10 o clock to 4 o clock however. We need the spilt more 12 to 6 or 1 to 7

Aka 1947 with its 1 to 7 

archivesnh-1947-1-20-0-0.png

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, blizzard81 said:

Aka 1947 with its 1 to 7 

archivesnh-1947-1-20-0-0.png

Yeah. Perfect angle of the split their! Daft way to describe it but an easy way for newcomers to visualize it dummed down like that 

Edited by Scott Ingham
  • Like 3

Posted
Just now, Mike Poole said:

Thanks @chionomaniac, and to @Scott Ingham as well, this is for me, new things that are happening this winter, as I’m sure it is for many others, snow or no snow I think I and others are going to learn an awful lot from this upcoming 2 months.  Bring it on!

Your welcome m8 didn't mean to patronize if I have with the times but sometimes easier to explain as I have no idea what I'm doing uploading graphics with my dyslexia! Haha!

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Scott Ingham said:

Yeah. Perfect angle of the split their! Daft way to describe it but an easy way for newcomers to visualize it dummed down like that 

You started it

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Got a feeling it ultimately won't matter where the initial split aligns. All that will dictate is how fast the cold comes.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, cold!
Just now, CreweCold said:

Got a feeling it ultimately won't matter where the initial split aligns. All that will dictate is how fast the cold comes.

Yep, there is the all roads lead to Rome argument, and you may well be right if the vortex can’t get organised at all, but that’s getting ahead of ourselves.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any kind of extremes. But the more snow the better.

Not so sure about the wetter spell chance from Exeter now... The EC46 now showing a build of High pressure from the South, and some really strong Heights building into Spain and Portugal.... @Tamara Save us some space in ya suitcase, I'll come with you...

• Like 3

Posted
5 minutes ago, chionomaniac said:

It’s good Mike to be able to demonstrate how important these factors are in being in the right place to deliver cold to our shores. The conditions are ripening nicely, but that doesn’t man that we will always bear the fruit, but at least we know that we are in position to have a great harvest. So, not a great run but no worries because the harvesting is still a good few weeks away and our crop is doing nicely. 

Also shows nicely how having a full blown ssw doesn't always guarantee cold if the pieces dont fall in the right place 

Edited by Scott Ingham