Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - Autumn 2020 onwards

My dahlias have been flowering right up until tonight however I suspect tonight’s -1.4c will have done for them at last. Here’s hoping the cold weather returns again soon, I’m so ready for winter!

• Like 5
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good to see some areas getting a bit of a top up today - while this was sort of on the radar (to pardon the pun, especially given the amount of false echoes I saw nearby to start with) it wasn't reall

Posted Images

11 hours ago, Hairy Celt said:

We had a second flowering of the lupins in September. Never seen that, ever. And my mother's phloxes did the same, again never before.

I've still got roses, geraniums, marguerites and  oregano flowering. Also my Irish gran's shamrock (or decedent thereof) which my mum gave me some of on getting my Irish passport.  

Still not put the nokian weatherproofs on, but the summers are getting a bit slippery now, if simply due to all the mud on the roads!

Edited by scottish skier
  • Like 4

🙄

Morning.

Lowest achieved overnight here was 2.2c so no frost.

Here is a view of another cut and paste, rinse and repeat job  (whatever) for you to enjoy with your cornflakes! (or not)

static_weathercams.php.jpg

Edited by Blitzen
  • Like 4

Level 4 from teatime tonight so preparing to go out for a third-day-in-a-row lunch, but back into wellies and waterproofs today after smart shoes and tweed jacket yesterday.

Temperature 8.8deg.C up from 2.7deg.C at 00:03, humidity 97%, very light southerly breeze with a max of 5mph, pressure 1024.3hPa falling, 2.2mm of rain today and there is total cloud cover.

• Like 5

As @mardatha says it's definitely a huge boost having our little oasis of sanity in here especially during what has been the weirdest of weird years. Let's just hope the weather starts playing ball for everyone as today's weather keeps no-one happy: 6C, cloudy and drizzly.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
26 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

As @mardatha says it's definitely a huge boost having our little oasis of sanity in here especially during what has been the weirdest of weird years. Let's just hope the weather starts playing ball for everyone as today's weather keeps no-one happy: 6C, cloudy and drizzly.

Ya think?!🤣

-2C this morning with a frost, and still some of the snow dusting surviving in places, so can I count yesterday as a 'snow day'? By the time I got home at around 4:30pm it was back up to 10C. As others have said, the period between was cloudy, grey and utterly unappealing. 

• Like 9

A light grey sort of morning; just the weather for Level 4.

Temperature 8.3deg.C up from a minimum of 7.4deg.C at 05:06, humidity 92%, wind1 to 4mph with a max gust of 20mph at 01:03, pressure 1011.7hPa rising, 8.8mm of rain has fallen since midnight and 12.2mm in the last 24 hours.

• Like 2