Snow?

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - Autumn 2020 onwards

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good to see some areas getting a bit of a top up today - while this was sort of on the radar (to pardon the pun, especially given the amount of false echoes I saw nearby to start with) it wasn't reall

Posted Images

The promised high pressure holiday has arrived and it's clear, calm and sunny outside. It's also cold. Meanwhile Diablo's promise of snow has proved to be entirely without foundation and I'm beginning to think that it works for the Daily Express.

Temperature 1.5deg.C up from a minimum of 1.0deg.C twenty minutes ago, humidity is 96%, it's currently calm and pressure is 1028.4hPa rising quickly while 0.2mm of rain has fallen since midnight.

• Like 4
10 hours ago, Quinach said:

Oh, look at this, managed to replicate the snow cover total from the whole of last winter...

Snag_68c45.thumb.png.6f889e257da1fe828ff9211258ecd8c5.png

Currently 0.5c, brisk northerly wind and sunny with a steady melt.

That’s still more than I saw! 😄

Pleasant day, it was nice to see the sun. Cooler with a low of 2.8c this morning and a max near 6c. Currently 2.3c. Doubt we’ll see an air frost this evening but that’s not unusual for my location. We often have to wait until December for our first frost in the coastal East Neuk.

• Like 6
21 hours ago, Hairy Celt said:

ROFLMAO 😆 

5.5C and windy, dry for now.

VW pocket rocket has nice wide Nokian Weatherproofs on now. The Bridgestone Weathercontrols I put on it for the Iceland roadtrip last year managed about 10k miles then were down to the wear limits so I wouldn't recommend them (although the wear rate may have had something to do with a day of high speed, mild weather travel on German autobahns 🤪).  The Yeti is about to get a set of Goodyear Vector 3 cos they came out very well in recent reviews.  All the good winter and all-season tyres seem to have much the same sort of tread design but there's maybe more differences in the compounds used.

Did you take your car to Iceland? Via ferry?

40 minutes ago, scott125 said:

Did you take your car to Iceland? Via ferry?

Yes. The Smyrline one from Hirtshals to Seyðisfjordur.  You get a day at Torshavn too. Recommended if you have a strong stomach, maybe not otherwise. But I loved it.

• Like 5
21 minutes ago, scottish skier said:

Lawn satisfyingly crunchy for the first time I can remember since last winter.

While I like the colours of autumn, it's just too squelchy. 

Great tae see snaw pics already; still cannae believe there's still been flooers in the gairden right up until now. 

We had a second flowering of the lupins in September. Never seen that, ever. And my mother's phloxes did the same, again never before.

• Like 4