Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Scotland/Alba weather discussion - Autumn 2020 onwards

2 hours ago, mardatha said:

Heavy rain here - Blitzen I think I have your view just from the ground floor ☹️

Well, if you've got it where you are now, get used to it!😁

So much for my "clearing from the east" comment.   It's been on and off stair-rods for the past hour!

Edited by Blitzen
  • Like 1
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good to see some areas getting a bit of a top up today - while this was sort of on the radar (to pardon the pun, especially given the amount of false echoes I saw nearby to start with) it wasn't reall

Posted Images

Largely just damp and grey here with the temp in high single digits. We did have some rain early afternoon, briefly heavy, just to give a bit of variation. At least a cool spell towards the end of the week will be a change, but its not looking as if it will be sustained for more than maybe a day or two, but I hope I'm wrong as at east seeing snow on the tops of the hills would be good.

Edited by Ravelin
  • Like 6

Evening all

As other have said - very brief cold blast incoming! (Very surprising/sudden after viewing the charts a few days ago) 

Window for low level snowfall opportunity Thursday AM through to the early hours of Friday AM. 

Cairngorms snowing on and off Wednesday night through to Saturday at least - lovely snowy scenes on the webcams during that period. 

Few snapshots from the latest UKV - subject to change at this range of course.

Thursday 3:00 Precipitation type - lovely stuff there for the Cairngorms as mentioned.

BA7CF307-AC9D-4583-B7CA-F19583DC2F10.thumb.jpeg.a3697a1d16c9ea790228d09685cb42bd.jpeg

09:00 0C Isotherm: Snowfall expected at quite low levels. (Even sea level in the heaviest showers)

9D1D8D41-9335-4BBA-A6F1-3474B897BF78.thumb.jpeg.5677e7e57a8eec6f5fab762d060286d3.jpeg

12:00 528 Dam line over most of Scotland:

DDAE3992-B6A7-4981-8D01-75E5C6281F93.thumb.jpeg.9d63fd62d8059e6ea1867d36f69f52ae.jpeg

12:00 Precipitation type - Northern Scotland looking good.

56B4B194-A8E5-4389-8CD4-9BC4D2A03019.thumb.jpeg.4088d4f8d661b9362cb6b600324f0bbc.jpeg

Throughout the hours after this still the risk of snow showers - NE Scotland especially. 

Definitely a big chance of @Northern Strath @Ravelin and a few others seeing a few snowflakes. 
If these showers push further South then obviously @shuggee could get lucky also. (I know many of you live on high ground - just naming the folk that live on very high ground from memory! 😄)

So all the ingredients are there at the moment and a nice wee wintry bonus before the official start of Meteorological Winter. 

All the best to you all.

• Like 9

The sun is out and this is the first morning for a while that I could turn the lights off before 10am.

Temperature 8.2deg.C up from a minimum of 6.6 at 08:39, humidity is 86%, wind between 1 and 14mph generally southerly, pressure 1005.4hPa rising like a rocket, there's been 2.0mm of rain since midnight and 6.8mm in the last 24 hours and cloud cover is 4/8.

• Like 5
49 minutes ago, Puffy MacCloud said:

Heavens above, my weather station console is showing a 'snow likely' symbol. Personally, I think that's no likely.

Have you checked the battery?  😄

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, mardatha said:

Puffy it's possessed and evil and is going to spend the entire winter winding you up 😬

Oh Gawd!...I don't think I'll be able to stand this...IT'S ONLY NOVEMBER!  I think Puffy is taking the Piff!😁

You ain't seen puffin yet! From 1st December I put on another pair of pants over my trousers, swing a cape around my shoulders and become Polar Puffy, the voice of the vortex! You'll see some strange sights then, I guarantee you.

(when I say 'another' pair of pants I should, perhaps more honestly, say 'my other' pair of pants)

p.s. It's back to showing drizzle; such a tease.

Edited by Puffy MacCloud
update
1 hour ago, Puffy MacCloud said:

You ain't seen puffin yet! From 1st December I put on another pair of pants over my trousers, swing a cape around my shoulders and become Polar Puffy, the voice of the vortex! You'll see some strange sights then, I guarantee you.

(when I say 'another' pair of pants I should, perhaps more honestly, say 'my other' pair of pants)

p.s. It's back to showing drizzle; such a tease.

images.jpg

Edited by Blitzen