Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2020 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle
3 minutes ago, Snow Queen one said:

Sheldon those PPN charts are notoriously bad to look at.  I have seen sleet show o  the radar and in reality it has been snow falling.  Use them to give you a very rough idea only.

Have better luck asking a Groundhog and they only do springs. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wintry and stormy weather

Quelle surprise... a much anticipated (and long overdue snow event) suddenly shies away from even the southern most tip of our region. You just couldn't make it up. Now if it was inches of rain.....

• Like 6

Posted
32 minutes ago, Sheldon Cooper said:

No point in Defending myself I'm going to get shot down just because I'm 13,gee thanks. 

Hey dont get so down Sheldon. Love your enthusiasm, most of us oldens are prob not much better than yourself if at all and make mistakes. Its a long learning curve mate, posting on here will help you gain knowledge, Even michael fish made mistakes  

If you guys / gals can help Sheldon rather than chide him in your replies that would be great.

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, winterfreak said:

Quelle surprise... a much anticipated (and long overdue snow event) suddenly shies away from even the southern most tip of our region. You just couldn't make it up. Now if it was inches of rain.....

I’m not to sure I think maybe Kent might see some white stuff still I think it’s 50/50. I won’t read to much into anything until I wake up tomorrow morning and see the charts then at least 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Oh snow, got to be close second frosty mornings, all white and glistening,

i still have one snow flake given to me by the met office reduced from four at 06.00 on Thursday morning, better get my binoculars  

Posted

My advice is to  is to look at Temperature and Precipitation Charts and not make the Mistake I made and look at Snow Charts they don't seem related one bit. 

Posted
Just now, Spraggyy said:

I’m not to sure I think maybe Kent might see some white stuff still I think it’s 50/50. I won’t read to much into anything until I wake up tomorrow morning and see the charts then at least 

I don't believe anything I read on here tbh, been led up non-snowy garden paths far too many times. I believe it when I see it..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October
1 minute ago, Spraggyy said:

All of Kent except my part most probably I'm def in snow shield central here by the Thames unless we get a ENE flow as others have pointed out

Posted
3 minutes ago, winterfreak said:

With you on this @winterfreak

Bet your turkey leftovers if this was a rain event we’d all be soaked through come Thursday 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Whilst things have taken things for the worse it is worth remembering just a 20-30 mile swing(really not that much in grand scheme of things) would make a huge difference.I am not saying it is going to happen but it is not a done deal yet

Posted
Just now, Polaris said:

With you on this @winterfreak

Bet your turkey leftovers if this was a rain event we’d all be soaked through come Thursday 

Definitely. Hours of rain guaranteed but snow, no chance 

Posted
4 minutes ago, Kentspur said:

All of Kent except my part most probably I'm def in snow shield central here by the Thames unless we get a ENE flow as others have pointed out

Oh no that’s not good but on a positive note there is still over 24 hours left so anything could still happen fingers crossed 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October
8 minutes ago, caistor top said:
12 hours ago, Kentspur said:

It sure is in range now if its SE snow u want ❄?☃️ just posted this on the Mad thread probably will p### off a few northerners oh well its about time we all joined in with the fun this is eerily like the GEM showed yesterday! Steve Murrs house the rough sweet spot with mine still in the bright pink along the Thames

No p###ed off northerners going by the latest charts,enjoy your snow(smirk)

Expand  

Looks good for your region doesnt it Caistor

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines
7 minutes ago, winterfreak said:

Hehe, agree, inches of rain are pretty much guaranteed. Few points are going the right way, however. Anything could happen (plenty of surprises in past winters). My issue is that daytime temperatures are too high, so that any snow would just start to drip drip drip quite rapidly (vile). We need a BFTE with sub zero temperatures day and night. Much more fun

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Posted

Meto update is good, suggests proper winter weather even on its further outlook

• Like 4

Posted

I think the most likely thing to happen if you wake up to snow Thursday is that it will be gone by Friday morning due to the day time temps but it would be lovely to see snow on the ground for many 

Posted
7 minutes ago, Daniel* said:

HARMONIE model still good for most of SE this is a decent model. They’ve not completely fallen into line yet.

1E0BB99F-4F18-430F-A6D4-74D9513ACD62.thumb.jpeg.73f6b40a569e2508940a6027c13543f8.jpeg1CE878CE-6FF2-4E6E-BA48-47413AE6EA15.thumb.jpeg.bdf73cc1dd28ea4c3a98894096282ced.jpeg

Yep, like I said this morning, once this model loses interest, so do I. Until then? No. 

Posted
6 minutes ago, Kentspur said:

Looks good for your region doesnt it Caistor

Usually evens itself out ooooop north pal,we had snow Christmas Day & a decent covering this morning before the temps went up a tad & rain set in,I’m sure you’ll get your fix mate

Posted
8 minutes ago, dallas said:

Meto update is good, suggests proper winter weather even on its further outlook

Crikey, you’re not wrong there, that’s outstanding for the MetO. Not only do they shift the ‘rather cold’ and slightly change emphasis on ‘exceptionally’ cold, the notes about ‘precipitation’ (ie chance of snow) spreading north from the continent very suggestive of an easterly. In the game now. 

• Thanks 1

Posted

Best thing to do is look Outside Temperatures near freezing we just need Some Precipitation Tonight and just maybe. Of course though the Temps need to fall even more and everything to line up. 

Edited by Sheldon Cooper

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

The 12Z GFS continuing the Easterly theme later this weekend, onwards. Examples up to Wednesday next week.

367CB65D-F952-442F-A6EE-9337029527FA.thumb.png.fe400b86cb97866b35f59072f6d5165b.pngBF29349E-E042-4549-A8F7-51F9CC274F75.thumb.png.deaf35c63de8cbd609a541346baf3d6c.png34371834-5B88-432F-B51B-C245EB7760CD.thumb.png.3ff23a6bb83778107e3e3fea2d2b2033.png27254071-A736-4BF1-869F-BEEC8281DF8B.thumb.png.524e3b5a506c000de173e51f47d5507f.pngE1E21658-8087-45C8-9682-AECFB418E8FD.thumb.png.526f18f517943fc559e00b0155c8673d.pngBC4FEB89-32F9-4A7C-BF24-3570A99156A1.thumb.png.66a64f183246f536a8b94fe96df28114.pngBC4FEB89-32F9-4A7C-BF24-3570A99156A1.thumb.png.66a64f183246f536a8b94fe96df28114.png11A7AB00-56AB-4C87-9244-EE05D62BFD30.thumb.png.d46f548add1a85645dbbeb33e49765e4.png8B82A1A4-05F2-472D-BF0A-37AE81B4A086.thumb.png.e54cfd5dc3475ded6fc22f11bc45a72c.png

Quite a nice area of High Pressure to our North with the highest of the upper heights tending to become more concentrated towards Western Iceland. Southerly tracking Lows tunnelling through Eastwards to the South of the UK. You could say the flow is more from the North-East in general over the UK. Plus the 850 hPa temperatures, while aren’t mega cold, look perfectly adequate with a possibility of some sleet and snow showers streaming into Eastern areas at times.

Going up to 240 hours and their is quite a decent block developing over Southern Greenland. No Iberian heights getting in the way with Lows continuing to slide under to our South/South-East. So no danger of a Western based negative NAO pattern up to day 10 at least on this run

A1FD0D8A-15D1-438A-9170-1A3A0B91945C.thumb.png.3f2c012a268d2324bafa9e5dd2065b69.png6A1B9BC8-DDD9-44BF-9670-577A174F628C.thumb.png.c570c019011969edff137baf1d22ae58.png255AEDB6-AAC5-4E73-B53A-A88639C7EEBE.thumb.png.f800fc1a140f4c6ddc3865fbd0d9b020.png2363B373-0693-434D-A07A-880CD8162DC3.thumb.png.9075bfa5ca9e9dce8891da55744ea7f6.png

Edited by DiagonalRedLine
Got some charts mixed up
  • Like 3