Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2020 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Lol. Ecm snowmaggedon for us lot.  And there was me getting excited about wednesday

• Like 4

Posted

Lol that ECM Run was the stuff of dreams and probably what it will be just dreams - Hahahaha

Always a bad thing when its showing 48 hours out you can bet it will be drier than the Sahara come Wednesday a la Euro4

Posted

I’m so hoping the ecm is close to the mark, I’m so snow starved here, haven’t had a decent snow event here since March 13. 2018 cold spell was not decent here as sun was to strong for the snow to settle,fingers crossed

Posted
2 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Lol that ECM Run was the stuff of dreams and probably what it will be just dreams - Hahahaha

Always a bad thing when its showing 48 hours out you can bet it will be drier than the Sahara come Wednesday a la Euro4

2 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Ghandis flip flop has more moisture...

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and ice
11 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Hell yes . . . the South Essex snow-shield will be armed and ready!

• Thanks 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Its all about the Pivot as always. Pivot Baby Pivot

For you guys back further east thats almost in holy grail territory, if it just stayed even 20-30 miles further west you guys would be in for 12-18hrs of heavy snow, hotspot would be 25-30cms.

Of course, realistically the ECM is an extreme solution of course and no doubt as Steve said the Euro4 will be right just to frustrate us!

The GEM today comes in at a solid no.2 (!!) when it comes to Wednesday. I'd bank that as well right now.

BTW for todays set-up, rain at lower levels but went to the south downs where past 2pm it was predominantly wet snow though didn't settle. Should we get a similar situation on Wednesday I'll probably head back up there again.

Edited by kold weather
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October
16 minutes ago, Paul said:

I wouldn't get that far ahead yet, the UKV (UKMO's own model) not showing anything quite so dramatic at the moment. 

1.png2.png3.png4.png

5.png6.png7.png8.png

My region of Kent Dartford to Gravesend the only location in Kent with no precip from that typically couldnt make it up

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Well all on SE THREAD would like the latest ECM to verify!!If that came to fruition think many on here would see 5-15cms with favoured hillier parts upto 20cms!Sadly too far out to take seriously and we will await our fate come Wednesday lunchtime I would think when the short term models get a better grip on the situation.??For everyone and stay safe.

• Like 1

Posted

so hope the ecm comes off. Not had any proper disruptive snowfall here for ages. 2018 didn’t deliver any sort of snow here and just had horrid rain for the last few days so hope it comes off. Also my dad bet me £20 last week we wouldn’t see any snow from now till end of jan.  

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Oh snow, got to be close second frosty mornings, all white and glistening,

So Friday at 12am met office have given me one snowflake , i will be expecting a major up grade but its a start

Edited by Joanne Swann

Posted
26 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Just off the press ECM Biggin Hill 10 day.

14cm Snow.

304B9917-FA64-4C23-AF4B-D525B319DCAF.thumb.jpeg.4cc58a5e37f45bd2eba849d1bb34e08d.jpeg

Hello Steve, please can you dig out London city as well ? That will at least outline the other side of the envelope on temp, I guess. Living in Orpington at 100m I tend I take 1c of LCY and add 1c for biggin. Just wondering if that therory is correct?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters
1 hour ago, Speedbird said:

That would produce substantial snow for a lot of the south east.

Beautiful . . .

ecsnow.JPG

What a way to finish this year and start the new one..amber,  red ⚠ warnings there. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive

It’s starting to get a bit exciting for a little snow . Fingers crossed 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 hour ago, Steve Murr said:

Temps on the drop here > quick loss down to 1.8c now.

Same here, with fog forming.