Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2020 onwards

Posted

Was clear skies earlier but can see cloud moving in to the west now

• Like 2
    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 3.2k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Morning all, I hope you are all well, and your Families are Virus free. Well it's great to be alive on the occasion of my 65th Birthday. Tbh, it feels pretty scary.  It is also vir

A very good frost here in London Docklands down to -2C it is still -0.4C now this is colder than anything last winter. Winter is here 🙂   

Still some time for corrections northwards. Since when was ICON the most reliable model? Let’s see what all the others have to say especially ECM. ICON is looking very nice re an easterly setting up a

Posted Images

Posted

This is predited for 00.15 not looking to wintry tho. It does say after 1 tho

image.thumb.png.d964b8aa20518f509e5fc9270d594ed5.png

Edited by Biggin
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Temperature down to 1.5 in Locksbottom and clear skies atm.could be a frost if it stays clear👍.Not expecting anything overnight but maybe tomorrow evening we may get lucky in this part of NW KENT.Tomorrow,as so often is the case will be a case of now casting in terms of snow-9 times out of 10 it always is when forecasting snow.Good luck everyone on the thread🤞🏻and remember if we don’t get lucky in the next 36 hours I think there will be more snow opportunities later this week and in the coming weeks❄️☃️👍

• Like 4
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Well, now I see cloud to my south and cloud to my west. Look like the showers in the channel are moving in from the wsw, no chance of snow if that's the case. Guess we'll see.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Tonight - There could be the chance of snow in the far south west of the region, however I suspect the precipitation will miss the majority of us. However the following evening, there is model support for sometime traveling south west across the region from the north sea.

image.thumb.png.aa71d34d0ccb39ec62c2028d7b95d8e2.png

Note the occluded front moving in from the Wash. This will enhance shower development.

A couple of frames from the Arpege (In agreement with the above).

image.thumb.png.a7c1a00f829e10b346fec19dcbe35418.png      image.thumb.png.723573c52310ffd8ce221b526c6e1f42.png   

For the rest of the week, there will be plenty of activity out in the north sea, so it is a question of whether the pattern allows any showers or longer spells of precipitation to push into our region. A case of watching the hi-res models, but for tonight I am expecting very little, tomorrow night looks more promising.

• Like 4
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, storms or both at same time..

Just had a brief shower of hail (quite hard one) also had few flakes of snow mixed in.

Haywards heath, West Sussex 

• Like 4
    • Thanks 1
    Posted
    3 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

Tonight - There could be the chance of snow in the far south west of the region, however I suspect the precipitation will miss the majority of us. However the following evening, there is model support for sometime traveling south west across the region from the north sea.

image.thumb.png.aa71d34d0ccb39ec62c2028d7b95d8e2.png

Note the occluded front moving in from the Wash. This will enhance shower development.

A couple of frames from the Arpege (In agreement with the above).

image.thumb.png.a7c1a00f829e10b346fec19dcbe35418.png      image.thumb.png.723573c52310ffd8ce221b526c6e1f42.png   

For the rest of the week, there will be plenty of activity out in the north sea, so it is a question of whether the pattern allows any showers or longer spells of precipitation to push into our region. A case of watching the hi-res models, but for tonight I am expecting very little, tomorrow night looks more promising.

Thanks CS

Posted

-1.0c here now, DP -1.5c

As soon as the cloud moves in I’m sure that’ll shoot up. Can’t see anything being snow coming from the SW, especially here at 30m ASL

Hoping for more of a chance into the new year maybe if we can get a NE’ly or Easterly over us all

• Like 1
    Posted

1.2c Here. 
    Dewpoints are good here... -1c across the region.

• Like 1
    Posted

Just had a brief hail shower in Ringmer east sussex  currently -0.2

Reasonably heavy  looks like more to come

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

Amazing how quickly short range forecasts can change. We now have an onshore breeze changed from northwesterly a few hours ago which is bringing in showers. Many will be rain but can’t rule out wintriness. Courtesy of nw extra

101B4ECC-EA29-4A46-8A19-42F427670920.thumb.jpeg.1f626494a643c66b551fa54e4a21741d.jpeg

• Like 2
    • Thanks 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms

I more likely to be rain on the coasts but wouldn’t rule out wintriness with the current low heights further inland. If the showers make it!

• Like 2
    Posted

Could see a frost in the cars outside, unfortunately temp now up to 0.0c and DP up to -0.2c as the cloud moves in. More rain showers incoming to add to last nights 32mm

Posted

OK... just had a look outside, heavy frost on the cars. Looks like some precipitation also?? I count that as wintery...

• Like 2
    Posted

I think we could get some feezing rain tonight. Well rain that subsequently freezes on selected surfaces only.

• Like 1
    Posted

Short but heavy rain shower just now near Canterbury. Temp 1.1C and dew point 0.4C.

now just light rain

Edited by snoangel
    Added information
    Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Rain? Great cold spell 😞

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to Early October
    7 minutes ago, Neilsouth said:

Rain? Great cold spell 😞

Its not even the start of the true cold spell mate patience is needed for us southeasterners but I'm pretty confident it will come as it goes 208544109_Screenshot_20201227-222853_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.7b7c9905d2685b550126e4a5c5176b40.jpgthese screen grabs I managed to get off latest BBC video even show the chance of snow this week too for our area she actually mentioned snow on New years eve affecting the SE and EA so who knows

Screenshot_20201227-222817_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by Kentspur
    • Like 2
    Posted

As above, was excited by how many mentions we got in that Weather for the Week Ahead. If this easterly comes off we should get chances

• Like 2
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Some snow would be good to end this crappy year, but unfortunately I've been told my dad is going to die, so gutted. 2020 the year of loss.

• Like 1