Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2020 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

7.9c here in Tropical Gravesend a high of 8c today earlier 

Edited by Kentspur

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers
1 hour ago, Peter Roberts said:

It is snowing just west of Cork in Ireland, they very rarely get snow.
So the system coming in tomorrow has very cold air associated with it.

A warm welcome to Netweather Peter. Indeed, colder temps and snow showers filtering down the western flank of the weather system, as seen on the Netweather Extra radar in green. I've also grabbed the latest temps from the radar and there are some low values coming into Northern Ireland too. Meanwhile temps all at sixes and sevens here atm, under some persistent rainfall.

1930625119_Radarpreciptype15_30.thumb.jpg.d12cca1f38ce506995c98e4c8a3fc8cf.jpg138374067_Radartemps15_30.thumb.jpg.f2c020ac971cd1c747e95491dadb0c19.jpg

Posted

It’s it bloomin horrible out there, windy, raining hard and heckin cold. More of the same to come, even if by some miracle we see snow this far east in the morning, it’s too wet to stick

Posted

Gotta larff, the met office for my area in the last few hours has gone from no sleet/rain/snow tomorrow morning, to snow from 4am until sleet late morning before stopping to now, just cloudy.

Lolz.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers but not too hot and colder winters with frost and snow

Been a horrible day In Locksbottom with heavy and persistent rain from about 7.45 this morning.Temperature maxed at 6.8 and is currently 5.6.It was getting dark about 3.30 today!!Can you imagine if this had been in early January and about 3 degrees colder we would in a winter wonderland now!

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, Hotspur62 said:

Been a horrible day In Locksbottom with heavy and persistent rain from about 7.45 this morning.Temperature maxed at 6.8 and is currently 5.6.It was getting dark about 3.30 today!!Can you imagine if this had been in early January and about 3 degrees colder we would in a winter wonderland now!

Yup, unfortunately doesn't work like that these days.

Posted
40 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Temps will drop from 6pm as the winds swing NW

Dropping here as well, it's 6.5 now.

For snow I've noticed that 3 is the magic number here, especially if the precipitaion is heavy where any sleet turns morphs into wet snow, here's hoping for some of that in th next 24hrs..

Posted
6 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Down down 6.4c cmon ! 12 hours ish to get 5 degrees.

FWIW the icon / Aperge / GFS all garbage with tonights PPN

6.2 in SE18

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
5 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

Down down 6.4c cmon ! 12 hours ish to get 5 degrees.

FWIW the icon / Aperge / GFS all garbage with tonights PPN

Does any model even have the feature in the channel for tomorrow, correct, as it's not on any of the ones people have posted on the model thread so far?

Posted
26 minutes ago, Steve Murr said:

A good tweet by the meto ( similar to me mentioning the height of the 0c isotherm ) then it appears on twitter

But it shows the freezing level lowering past 6PM creeping SE towards us

The fact they are focusing on the north tells me that here in our region to expect nothing. Wet Snow/sleet at best over Chilterns and downs before milder air sweeps in late morning 

5 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Does any model even have the feature in the channel for tomorrow, correct, as it's not on any of the ones people have posted on the model thread so far?

They all do but all the rain ones swing it to far east

the only one that alligns it to where it is now is the Harmonie

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 minute ago, Steve Murr said:

They all do but all the rain ones swing it to far east

the only one that alligns it to where it is now is the Harmonie

Yep I spotted your post in the mod thread, now. I was in the covid thread for a bit and missed it before asking.

Posted
Just now, Steve Murr said:

The GFS has ramped up the PPN for tomorrow - & a few now showing this for 7/8am - look at the echoes.

AD05B664-3103-4C9A-A555-154C79C546C2.thumb.png.6b3fb4ddc3ca704ac634c47a05079d6d.png

Steve, your battery is nearly dead  

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy November to March and Sunny and warm April to October

BBC forecast at 4.30pm was totally naff not even a whiff of sleet anywhere near us only a mix once its cleared off to Yorkshire etc I've no hope and you watch the ECM downgrade- Im perplexed about the Harmonie model someone on he forum said the orange coloured dashed lines only show sleet and not snow so how it comes to show those dramatic snow accumulations I dont know!

Posted
2 minutes ago, Kentspur said:

BBC forecast at 4.30pm was totally naff not even a whiff of sleet anywhere near us only a mix once its cleared off to Yorkshire etc I've no hope and you watch the ECM downgrade- Im perplexed about the Harmonie model someone on he forum said the orange coloured dashed lines only show sleet and not snow so how it comes to show those dramatic snow accumulations I dont know!

Yes the “snow” that was suggested seems very transparent at the moment. Having said that I wasn’t expecting anything. Really love to be proved wrong over the coming hours. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted

Cold Rain is what Meto latest forecast is going with. Snow for hills in the northern England and Scotland. Focus on the north (see screenshots) 

The only mention for our region is ‘perhaps’ some sleet or snow in East Anglia 

3641B30E-BB1F-4FB2-849D-8CDD75A285C9.png

9441D76B-C3FD-4BAD-982A-1EAF46207DA4.png

00020BDA-F4F5-4ED7-A0B1-4CB4426E9DE7.png

• Thanks 1