Jump to content
Blessed Weather

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2020 onwards

Recommended Posts

It's been lovely today. Don't care what it does now, school run done, no more walking about to do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, lassie23 said:

What a rubbish day, my cat died horribly.

Are you OK lassie? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I kinda wish it was raining today, we have a protest down here today, pro and anti immigration, last one ended in a riot. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

I kinda wish it was raining today, we have a protest down here today, pro and anti immigration, last one ended in a riot. 

You've just reminded me of Thursday night's discussion on LBC... some eejit called in to say that all asylum-seekers should be sent to Pitcairn Island...:shok:

A subject guaranteed to bring out the pillocks!:wallbash:

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amazing sunset here yesterday evening!

4E052555-7FDF-422F-AC12-6F792103296F.jpeg

DSC01556.thumb.JPG.1510c9bd9e0965c85ea8e4f50c4d0da4.JPG

DSC01557.thumb.JPG.6870b36a23de72c06b2981834a8ad5df.JPG

Edited by Zak M
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, alexisj9 said:

Are you OK lassie? 

Hi Alexis, thanks for asking, my cat died in front of me, she was having spasms and started choking and was unresponsive.

  • Sad 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

Hi Alexis, thanks for asking, my cat died in front of me, she was having spasms and started choking and was unresponsive.

Sorry to hear about your cat passing away like that lassie. I’m a cat lover too and it’s horrible when they pass on. I rehomed a cat after mine died a few years back. Each one is quite different in character so it wasn’t like a ‘replacement’ more another journey with another puss. 😻 Hope you find the heart to enjoy life with another cat one day, if that is your wish of course 🙏

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/09/2020 at 20:55, lassie23 said:

What a rubbish day, my cat died horribly.

So sorry to hear this 😥 How sad. Sending you a big virtual hug x

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Sleighbelle said:

Sorry to hear about your cat passing away like that lassie. I’m a cat lover too and it’s horrible when they pass on. I rehomed a cat after mine died a few years back. Each one is quite different in character so it wasn’t like a ‘replacement’ more another journey with another puss. 😻 Hope you find the heart to enjoy life with another cat one day, if that is your wish of course 🙏

Yes want another cat for sure, great companions, either a kitten or a rescue cat will be very welcome in my household anytime as it has really upset everyone more than expected here.

1 hour ago, stainesbloke said:

So sorry to hear this 😥 How sad. Sending you a big virtual hug x

Thanks stainesbloke much appreciated

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Morning all,

Quote -

Lassie -

"Yes want another cat for sure, great companions, either a kitten or a rescue cat will be very welcome in my household anytime as it has really upset everyone more than expected here."

So sorry to hear your sad news, Lassie. Read about your upsetting news, late last Night.

It's very difficult when they become part of the Family, and pass away.

Myself and Colette had a lovely little Tabby Girl called Sasha, who had to be put down a few Years ago.

A few Years earlier when I was TomSE20 and lived in Anerley, my ex-Girlfriend and myself had a beautiful Chinchilla Persian, called Sylvie. She was the spitting image of the Cat on the Gourmet Cat Food advert. Beautiful green eyes and black "eyeliner." We bought her from a Breeder in Morden, Surrey. At the same time, we bought a 12 Week old, Red Tabby Kitten, who we named Joey. He was the spitting image of the "Go Cat" Cat.

When Joey reached around 10 Months, he and Sylvie mated. Sylvie had a litter of 5 Persian Tabby Kittens. One became a runt and died after a few Days but was a beautiful stripped, smoky grey colour.

We kept a Boy and a Girl but sadly the Girl developed a facial tumour and had to be put down.

Joey lived a charmed life and one Day jumped out of our 2nd Floor Kitchen Window, and got himself a bloody nose, for his troubles. But he also sadly passed away, when he caught a nasty virus and he developed a chest infection, and died gasping for air, just as we got him to a Vet's in South Croydon.

I'm sure you have some wonderful memories of your beloved Cat.

Take care Lassie, myself and Colette are thinking of you.

Very best wishes,

Tom and ColetteSE12. :hi:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TomSE12 said:

Morning all,

Quote -

Lassie -

"Yes want another cat for sure, great companions, either a kitten or a rescue cat will be very welcome in my household anytime as it has really upset everyone more than expected here."

So sorry to hear your sad news, Lassie. Read about your upsetting news, late last Night.

It's very difficult when they become part of the Family, and pass away.

Myself and Colette had a lovely little Tabby Girl called Sasha, who had to be put down a few Years ago.

A few Years earlier when I was TomSE20 and lived in Anerley, my ex-Girlfriend and myself had a beautiful Chinchilla Persian, called Sylvie. She was the spitting image of the Cat on the Gourmet Cat Food advert. Beautiful green eyes and black "eyeliner." We bought her from a Breeder in Morden, Surrey. At the same time, we bought a 12 Week old, Red Tabby Kitten, who we named Joey. He was the spitting image of the "Go Cat" Cat.

When Joey reached around 10 Months, he and Sylvie mated. Sylvie had a litter of 5 Persian Tabby Kittens. One became a runt and died after a few Days but was a beautiful stripped, smoky grey colour.

We kept a Boy and a Girl but sadly the Girl developed a facial tumour and had to be put down.

Joey lived a charmed life and one Day jumped out of our 2nd Floor Kitchen Window, and got himself a bloody nose, for his troubles. But he also sadly passed away, when he caught a nasty virus and he developed a chest infection, and died gasping for air, just as we got him to a Vet's in South Croydon.

I'm sure you have some wonderful memories of your beloved Cat.

Take care Lassie, myself and Colette are thinking of you.

Very best wishes,

Tom and ColetteSE12. :hi:

Thank you for your kind words Tom and sorry to hear of all the cats you have lost in the past. Do you have a cat at the moment? Yes I have a lot of memories and in her 18 and a half years, she never scratched or bit me and only showed me affection. A rare cat indeed, all the best to you and Colette.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, lassie23 said:

Hi Alexis, thanks for asking, my cat died in front of me, she was having spasms and started choking and was unresponsive.

So sorry to hear about your cat passing Lassie.

Huge hugs xxx

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Natty68 said:

So sorry to hear about your cat passing Lassie.

Huge hugs xxx

 

Thanks natty very much appreciated. I haven't seen you before in this thread, are you new? Shame there isn't much happening weather wise to take my mind off things. Seems to be turning into a benign start to September, I do have a feeling a very different winter is in store this year. It all rest on the October Fog Index now though lol. Would a harsh winter create major problems with COVID. Going to be a pretty scary winter that is for sure.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because i'm bored a yearly outlook

2021

January

Rain above average

High 17oc 

Low - 3oc

Snow little to none

february

rain above average

high 19oc

Low 2oc

snow little

 

 

 

 

Edited by Xanderp009

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Xanderp009 said:

Because i'm bored a yearly outlook

2021

January

Rain above average

High 17oc 

Low - 3oc

Snow little to none

february

rain above average

high 19oc

Low 2oc

snow little

 

 

 

 

Personally i think this winter could be a bit different this year, just a gut feeling. #Bing crosby, "i'm dreaming of a white christmas". 🙏

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/09/2020 at 19:55, lassie23 said:

What a rubbish day, my cat died horribly.

Oh my goodness,  I am so sorry Lassie 😞

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A fairly reasonable day with some good spells of sunshine, though cloud did build during the after.

This was taken in a field north of Peterborough at the site of an old Saxon settlement. Now sheep are it’s only inhabitants.

C8352332-845F-4715-B65B-5DF2063ECF73.jpeg
 

Sorry for your loss @lassie23

Edited by Captain Shortwave
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Oh my goodness,  I am so sorry Lassie 😞

 

7 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

A fairly reasonable day with some good spells of sunshine, though cloud did build during the after.

This was taken in a field north of Peterborough at the site of an old Saxon settlement. Now sheep are it’s only inhabitants.

C8352332-845F-4715-B65B-5DF2063ECF73.jpeg
 

Sorry for your loss @lassie23

Thank you both for caring. She lived 8 weeks longer than the vets said she would and they also thought she would not live past 8 years old, she was 18 and a half at the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, lassie23 said:

Thanks natty very much appreciated. I haven't seen you before in this thread, are you new? Shame there isn't much happening weather wise to take my mind off things. Seems to be turning into a benign start to September, I do have a feeling a very different winter is in store this year. It all rest on the October Fog Index now though lol. Would a harsh winter create major problems with COVID. Going to be a pretty scary winter that is for sure.

Sorry about your cat Lassie.

As for winter, I’m going to predict heavy snow from Dec thru Feb, with 10ft drifts countrywide. And then I’ll wake up and it’ll be boring damp grey nothingness. Girl can dream ❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • A nip in the air once the rain clears with strong winds in the next few days

    A cold front is bringing rain over England and Wales this morning with a coolness behind it. The risk of frost appears with gales for the SW on Thursday and a chilly north wind for all by Friday. Read the full update here

    Netweather forecasts
    Netweather forecasts
    Latest weather updates from Netweather

    Hurricane Teddy and eastern Canada

    Hurricane Teddy is forecast to transition before it makes landfall over Nova Scotia midweek then impacting Newfoundland but there is already wet and windy weather reaching eastern Canada Read more here

    Jo Farrow
    Jo Farrow
    Latest weather updates from Netweather
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...