Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East and East Anglia Weather Discussion Sept 2020 onwards

Blessed Weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: An Alpine climate - snowy winters and sunny summers

Beautiful start here with clear blue sky. Very mild (again) and only got down to 11C overnight. Our Region joining in the lovely start with most of Europe, but you can see the cold front out west, nicely lit up by the low sun, ready to move in and give a spell of rain later this afternoon:

08.40: 121057218_Satellite18Nov08_40.thumb.jpg.eb7f0b45117e89e8ace8c5a508b91ee1.jpg

Source: https://en.sat24.com/en

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love hot sunshine and cold snowy weather
1 hour ago, Blessed Weather said:

Beautiful start here with clear blue sky. Very mild (again) and only got down to 11C overnight. Our Region joining in the lovely start with most of Europe, but you can see the cold front out west, nicely lit up by the low sun, ready to move in and give a spell of rain later this afternoon:

08.40: 121057218_Satellite18Nov08_40.thumb.jpg.eb7f0b45117e89e8ace8c5a508b91ee1.jpg

Source: https://en.sat24.com/en

Indeed a lovely sunny morning, did a quick walk around the block felt like spring again! Even sat outside for my morning coffee and quiet time, had a jumper on but perfectly comfortable. Boo to the rain later though !! 

• Like 3

Posted
45 minutes ago, XanderP007 said:

Lightning yesterday, sunny today what else do we need in November, oh yeah...

Snow would be wonderful but unfortunately that's not going to happen this year. But even a lovely white frost would be welcome and it would stop my lawn growing!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 30 Degrees of pure British Celsius

Mild out there today - 14.9c currently, never seen so many flowers/roses still in bloom.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle
56 minutes ago, Blessed Weather said:

Snow would be wonderful but unfortunately that's not going to happen this year. But even a lovely white frost would be welcome and it would stop my lawn growing!

It could come we can Dream. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storm, drizzle

Warm isn't it I don't say this oftten but I'm more tired than usual walking odd day rain arriving soon 

Been messing around with my camera features 

To brighten up my day

IMG_20201118_154653.jpg

IMG_20201118_154721.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Frosty Mornings

Cant believe how mild it is , cant see much chance of snow this year , even a frost would be nice.

Posted

Get ready..... for one day only..... a brief taste of more seasonal November temperatures as colder air digs south. This is best illustrated using the 850hPa air temperature (at 1,500m) charts with the -4C contour covering our Region by this evening (Thurs) before a westerly flow returns and the +10C temperature contour by Saturday morning.

anim_err5.gif

Down on the ground it means a chilly 36 hours with temperatures this Thursday falling away as the day progresses (it's 9C here at the mo and is likely to fall to 7C by mid afternoon) with a widespread frost this evening as temperatures get close to 0C in rural areas by dawn Friday morning.

464825594_ArpegeTemp20Nov07_00.thumb.png.186ab764770e8c79b28b7d60dd710f95.png

Charts from Arpege: http://www.meteociel.fr/modeles/arpege.php?ech=30&mode=41&map=330

• Like 2

Posted

Looking good for an air frost here in the Hadleigh 'hole'. Down to 2.7C at 22.00 and Arpege 12z saying my location stays clear until close to 06.00 Friday. Looks like I'll have to be up early if I want to see a frosty lawn.

Cloud cover 05.00: 743910400_ArpegeCloudFri20Nov05_00.thumb.png.1efddfcbb747f44c1e174c2a8224b8b9.png

Posted

Bloody cold here in Hailsham (well, for a southern softie). I'll have to keep the heating on all night. My mother has poor circulation/dementia-related thermoregulation problems. Seven blankets/throws, two thermal vests, fluffy socks, a nightie, unmentionables, a woolly cardie and a shawl weren't enough to keep her warm last night.

The window will be open in my room, though!

Posted

Morning

First sub-zero of the year for me with a low of -0.9c and currently -0.7c

Perfect November weather, shame it’s not going to last!

7E2A4932-0AD6-41EB-A40A-1799679DC697.jpeg

• Like 1

Posted

Good frost this morning, cars need scrapping, dogs loved sniffing through the hard white grass on their morning jaunt, always seems to be more to smell in a frost, wonder why?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

-0.3c the low that’s pretty good for here, shame the temps are about to shoot up. Feels lovely outside.

• Like 1

Posted

Just sneaked below zero here and now a lovely frosty morning to briefly enjoy before temps rise and rain arrives this afternoon.

720446593_Frost20Nov.thumb.jpg.e8edf868842498133ec77509b87a5e64.jpg

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal

Such a beautiful morning, I do wish I'd taken my proper camera with me, the iPhone had to do. 
It's so strange, I've been walking around my town every single day of the pandemic.
It feels weirdly like not much time has passed because I've been unable to work at all since March, so the seasons changing is my only real reference for passing time now! 

IMG_1693.jpg

Edited by moogyboobles
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

Lucky you @Tamara! It's been a day of endless cold and rain here. Currently 8c.

I'd love to stay in Portugal during the winter! I would prefer days of sun and 20c rather than cold rain and single-digit temps.

• Like 3

Posted

Sounds as if you are nearly over the line @Tamara! What an adventure, a whole new start in another country. I hope it works out and is all you expect  it to be. Don’t be a stranger to the forum after you’ve moved! 

• Like 4

Posted

How very inviting and Mediterranean! Bit different from Hastings high street you must need to pinch yourself :D

The weather has been utterly miserable over here I’ve hated this autumn, apart from September. A low of 1.5°c this morning the coldest thus far then cloud rolled in, it was this time last year we had our first frost. I suspect this time it won’t be till December at earliest and in the inner city that’s not even guaranteed. 

• Like 2

Posted

Well what week of contrasts it has been in weather terms. Last Sunday afternoon we had a very windy walk around Winchelsea Beach to Rye Harbour and back along the seafront, wrong way round as it turns out with the full on head wind for the last three miles! This week an afternoon walk around Hastings Country park up to North Seat, Fairlight Hall, not a breath of wind, the sea like a mill pond. Amazing clarity with the views at one point Beachy Head on the horizon one end and Dungeness Point the other! The sun peeped through otherwise fairly grey skies. Still the lack of sunshine didn’t impact the joy of being outside in creation; the autumn air with its scent of damp leaves, freshly ploughed earth and musty fungus. I know the nights drawing in and the lack of sunshine hours can be a challenge for people, however I enjoy our temperate climate overall. Being able taking the time to enjoy what each season has to offer in sights and smells has been a positive aspect to ‘Lockdown’ I wouldn’t have foreseen. Enough of my ramblings time for a Sherry to toast my Christmas cake baking in the oven.. smells delicious! .

Wishing you all a peaceful Sunday night.. oh and when’s it gonna snow?!! ⛄️  ❄️ 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

Clear skies here has lead to the sight of Jupiter and Saturn to my south.

1822D153-E90F-4E92-AA65-6C1F2C88FAD7.jpeg

0B3B957A-14B5-4DB2-BF08-2A5E28A860E8.jpeg

• Like 4