Jump to content

Recommended Posts

As a child of 60s, the 70s are heavily reflected in my song choices:

January: Foreigner - Cold as Ice (1977)

February: Foo Fighters - February Stars (1997)

March: U2 - Sunday Bloody Sunday (1983)

April: Wham - Young Guns (1983)

May: The B-52s - Love Shack (1989)

June: Alice Cooper - School’s Out (1972)

July: Bryan Adams - Summer of 69 (1984)

August: John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John - Summer Loving (1978 - Grease soundtrack)

September: Greenday -Wake Me Up When September Ends (2004)

October: The Mamas and The Papas - California Dreaming (1970)

November: Deep Purple - Smoke on the Water (1972)

December - Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody (1975)

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sanserit said:

As a child of 60s, the 70s are heavily reflected in my song choices:

January: Foreigner - Cold as Ice (1977)

February: Foo Fighters - February Stars (1997)

March: U2 - Sunday Bloody Sunday (1983)

April: Wham - Young Guns (1983)

May: The B-52s - Love Shack (1989)

June: Alice Cooper - School’s Out (1972)

July: Bryan Adams - Summer of 69 (1984)

August: John Travolta & Olivia Newton-John - Summer Loving (1978 - Grease soundtrack)

September: Greenday -Wake Me Up When September Ends (2004)

October: The Mamas and The Papas - California Dreaming (1970)

November: Deep Purple - Smoke on the Water (1972)

December - Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody (1975)

Oh yes wake me up when September ends, I often use that refrain to describe the quietness of the charts and weather in September.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, damianslaw said:

Oh yes wake me up when September ends, I often use that refrain to describe the quietness of the charts and weather in September.

Played on Absolute Radio, used to nickname it, wake me up when 0ctober starts! same isn't it

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

Played on Absolute Radio, used to nickname it, wake me up when 0ctober starts! same isn't it

Bit of a “dad” joke of mine to say to the kids on 1st October “Has anybody woke Green Day up yet?”

Link to post
Share on other sites

October summed up by New Model Army's 'Autumn'

 

(Sullivan / Nelson / Dean / White / Gill) 2009

Across the land the air is still

The leaves are falling golden one by one

Like the paper money falls

Or the soldiers stealing homeward

There is only beginning

And there is beginning of the end

All the peoples are moving

Like the waters of a great flood

 

And everything is beautiful

Because everything is dying

 

So we went down to the beach

And built a fire to remember

We took the last bottle of wine

And drank a toast to mortality

And we scrawled across the cold wet sand

With our bare feet ‘We Told You So'

And watched the waves steal it away

I caught you smile and I heard you say

 

Everything is beautiful

Because everything is dying

 

So who wants to live forever

When these moments will only come the once?

Staring into the embers of the fire...

And everything is beautiful

Only because everything is dying

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...