Storms and Convective discussion- 15th August onwards

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Didn’t know we was expecting an avalanche today 🤔

Stonking day for storms. Had two cells with continuous thunder [but mostly no visible lightning again]. Here's some pictures of one storm that I tracked as it progressed up the M11 which produced some

Am enjoying a weekend away 60 miles S of Prague in the pretty town of Písek, the storm front that came in this evening was dramatic! 

Posted Images

Brighton has been constantly under a deluge of rain for a good hour or so. Roads look to be started to flood.

• Like 6
31 minutes ago, Mitch the motorbike storm said:

Seems like the squal is weakening rather than strengthening as predicted 

Looks like the line is developing again between Eastbourne and Tenterden,southern end of that could well have your name on it if your the ramsgate fella! 

11 minutes ago, Charlie Harnett said:

Will this lot come inland? 

Screenshot_20201024-223742_Samsung Internet.jpg

Showers will be moving in from the Southwest over night and in to tomorrow. There could be the odd rumble of thunder in some of them, but rather hit & miss.

Very impressive squall line just East of Brighton.

A couple of hours worth of real deluges at times and local flooding.

Winds were impressive 'straight down' gusts at times with some minor local damage.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Showers will be moving in from the Southwest over night and in to tomorrow. There could be the odd rumble of thunder in some of them, but rather hit & miss.

6 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

Have to agree on that Mapantz,just had a quick look at sat 24 and shows those showers perhaps running up the channel later down the line. 

10 minutes ago, sunnijim said:

Winds were impressive 'straight down' gusts at times with some minor local damage.

12 minutes ago, sunnijim said:

It was pretty impressive here too sunnijim just north of Brighton earlier. Very strong straight line winds in the first line and then a second line developed not long after with some impressive wet downburst gusts. Wouldn't be surprised if we had an inch or so of rain too! 

10 minutes ago, Mitch the motorbike storm said:

This is developing really fast 

Screenshot_20201024-230834_NW Storm Radar.jpg

It definitely looks like it's getting a bit more re organised Mitch,looks like it will produce some pretty nasty conditions for a while. 

It seems like a brief change in wind direction finally caused the squall to move east like it was meant to. It had to have been the strongest squall here in years when it did. Bonkers. Neighbour’s fence and greenhouse took a battering but the normally sheltered area that I’m in was wild & alive for a minute or so. 
789D3F70-8EAE-43A4-9052-16BAE7F81686.thumb.png.74e59bff0d2bc3d3611ab5d675c443ce.png  A4480B89-2296-402D-BAB2-7BD9B645D354.thumb.png.ca08d6539dae56ef89e153d5ed17e7f4.png   BCDC2DB5-C9FC-4788-ACF4-39A4644F0792.thumb.png.f8c8953ca29c5352ae0a379b6335d981.png

• Like 5

Station readings from here plotted. Definite drop off in the wind after the line convection came through. I don't think it was all meant to stall so I had the winds for longer.

• Like 2

Morning all,some pretty heavy rain now just north of Brighton. Looking like southern coastal counties could see some heavy showers today. I am right in the middle of Dan's slight for the south east corner so fingers crossed! 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Charlie Harnett said:

Not Encouraging for me 😔

because I'm in camelford

Screenshot_20201025-080513_Samsung Internet.jpg

If you look where the current sferics are, that’s pretty spot on!