Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Storms and Convective discussion- 15th August onwards

Looks to me there is a squall line developing on the Western edge of this rain band from the Dorset Coast down in to the Channel! Some very heavy pulses into parts of the Dorset coast currently and could intensify further down the channel. I'm not too sure on any potential lightning but I wouldn't be surprised if there was the odd strike or 2.

• Like 1
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stonking day for storms. Had two cells with continuous thunder [but mostly no visible lightning again]. Here's some pictures of one storm that I tracked as it progressed up the M11 which produced some

Didn’t know we was expecting an avalanche today 🤔

Am enjoying a weekend away 60 miles S of Prague in the pretty town of Písek, the storm front that came in this evening was dramatic! 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Stormyking said:

Looks to me there is a squall line developing on the Western edge of this rain band from the Dorset Coast down in to the Channel! Some very heavy pulses into parts of the Dorset coast currently and could intensify further down the channel. I'm not too sure on any potential lightning but I wouldn't be surprised if there was the odd strike or 2.

I've noticed that! Surprised that the squall hasn't produced any lightning yet given the intensity of it on the radar.

Edited by Zak M
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, Zak M said:

I've noticed that! Surprised that the squall hasn't produced any lightning yet given the intensity of it on the radar.

I'm a bit a surprised it hasn't either to be honest, that stuff going through the heart of Dorset looks really intense for sure! I got a feeling the clouds tops aren't quite high enough to spark 😞  The channel stuff has fragmented a bit though at the moment, hoping that area can re intensify a bit more again!

• Like 1
On 28/09/2020 at 09:19, A Face like Thunder said:

I was watching the BBC weather for the week ahead on Countryfile last night, and it seems that we are in for some very stormy weather next weekend. OK, that may change and locations of concern are not mentioned at this stage, but generally it does seem we are going to be 'attacked' by a particularly deep and vigorous low moving up from the south / south west next Saturday. 

As I was saying....    Good that the BBC got it pretty well spot on although it seems Alex was not responsible per se for all the rain we had at the weekend.