Storms and Convective discussion- 15th August onwards

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Didn’t know we was expecting an avalanche today 🤔

Stonking day for storms. Had two cells with continuous thunder [but mostly no visible lightning again]. Here's some pictures of one storm that I tracked as it progressed up the M11 which produced some

Am enjoying a weekend away 60 miles S of Prague in the pretty town of Písek, the storm front that came in this evening was dramatic! 

Posted Images

Woke up to a nice little surprise this Morning thanks to a rumble of thunder, looked outside to see some giant mid level cumulus which went cumulonimbus and had a mean looking base! A couple of localised elevated showers developed just off the East coast of the Island around mid Morning, which then turned into a small little storm. I didn't see any Lightning but had some nice rumbles of thunder, took me by complete surprise!

• Like 6

Anyone who lives in Norfolk and NE England might want to keep an eye out tomorrow night. Most models show some thunderstorms breaking out in these areas, and heading where? You guessed it... straight into the North Sea. 🤪

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Zak M said:

Anyone who lives in Norfolk and NE England might want to keep an eye out tomorrow night. Most models show some thunderstorms breaking out in these areas, and heading where? You guessed it... straight into the North Sea. 🤪

I think anyone living near/in England needs to find a good book to take them through the next 6 months

Edited by Flash bang flash bang etc
  • Like 1
5 minutes ago, Allseasons-si said:

Cell popped up in Norfolk,it will prob electrify once it leaves the coast

Zak can you see it🧐

Low level cumulus has blocked the view to my NE unfortunately

I did see some juicy looking accas though 2 hours ago.

Edited by Zak M

I reckon some of these showers moving from up the English channel Tonight could get quite heavy in a few places along the South/SE Coast as the night goes on, I wouldn't be surprised if the odd localized one produced a sporadic flash and rumble.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, alexisj9 said:

Have had a few sharp showers this morning, but just not electric, don't think the ingredients are there. 

Yes had a few heavy showers here including one through the night that I’m sure would’ve woken me up had I not already been awake. No thunder though as  expected. 

A sferic near Morecambe Bay before. A little bit of CAPE this evening but I think the flow is too light to bring anything on shore certainly this far south anyway.

tomorrow is looking quite interesting though.

Just woken up by my lightning detector going off and heard a rumble a few seconds later. Looks like it came from a shower just to my SE. 

• Like 1