Storms and Convective discussion- 15th August onwards

Finally able to share the 2nd Part of the Thunderstorm that took place 10 days ago, can't believe it's been 10 days already, will share the 3rd part soon 🙂

Not been able to share them sooner as Internets only just been properly fixed since the storm happened with it being on and off the past few days

Edited by TJS1998Tom
  • Like 6
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Didn’t know we was expecting an avalanche today 🤔

Stonking day for storms. Had two cells with continuous thunder [but mostly no visible lightning again]. Here's some pictures of one storm that I tracked as it progressed up the M11 which produced some

Am enjoying a weekend away 60 miles S of Prague in the pretty town of Písek, the storm front that came in this evening was dramatic! 

Posted Images

Compare this to blitzortung  and take note of how a supercell doesn't have to contain impressive lightning rates. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, John90 said:

Compare this to blitzortung  and take note of how a supercell doesn't have to contain impressive lightning rates. 

Very much so! Low-topped, not the most impressive instability in the world & relatively shallow lapse rates all a contributor!

That saying the amounts of DLS & LLS shown are extremely impressive along with its overlap of small-mod instability; whilst coupled with decent SRH values have led to supercell development with the risk of tornadoes. Risk continuing well on into tonight!

Edited by Ben Sainsbury
  • Like 2
4 minutes ago, John90 said:

Exactly - I've seen videos on YouTube of LP supercells and you get a lot of comments that say it's not a supercell because it isn't producing any lightning 🥴

• Sad 1
2 minutes ago, Zak M said:

Exactly - I've seen videos on YouTube of LP supercells and you get a lot of comments that say it's not a supercell because it isn't producing any lightning 🥴

I love lp super cells, you can see everything. 

• Like 2

I can’t see anything to get excited about for the next 24 hours up here anyway. Having said that there is some lightning in the Irish Sea now which I wasn’t expecting.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

So can I lol, its massive. 

Has it collapsed? It has just disappeared now from my view.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Zak M said:

Has it collapsed? It has just disappeared now from my view.

I think so, but I can see more building. I have lots of ac cas around, but I still think the elevated stuff tonight will miss. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, John90 said:

And yet, there's a strong relationship between an uptick in lightning and supercellular development...

• Like 1

May be a good night for those on the Coast of East Anglia. Very clear conditions at the moment. I’ve managed to make out CB tops in Northern Belgium from Hampton Tesco car park, south of Peterborough back in 2012 I think (couldn’t believe it when I checked the radar)! so it should not be a problem if any activity does fire up. Cams at Southwold, Lowestoft or Yarmouth would be a good pick.  

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, East_England_Stormchaser91 said:

May be a good night for those on the Coast of East Anglia. Very clear conditions at the moment. I’ve managed to make out CB tops in Northern Belgium from Hampton Tesco car park, south of Peterborough back in 2012 I think (couldn’t believe it when I checked the radar)! so it should not be a problem if any activity does fire up. Cams at Southwold, Lowestoft or Yarmouth would be a good pick.  

Same here. I can make out some towering cumulus I think that is probably somewhere around N France so I expect some activity to start firing up over there soon.

• Like 3

Sorry I’m a bit worried about these storms in the SW because they look like they are during down a bit. Anyone got any thoughts?? 

• Like 1