Storms and Convective discussion- 15th August onwards

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Didn’t know we was expecting an avalanche today 🤔

Stonking day for storms. Had two cells with continuous thunder [but mostly no visible lightning again]. Here's some pictures of one storm that I tracked as it progressed up the M11 which produced some

Am enjoying a weekend away 60 miles S of Prague in the pretty town of Písek, the storm front that came in this evening was dramatic! 

Posted Images

Winds REALLY picking up as this blob comes at me, Very gust, it's knocked over and blowing the empty plant pots around in the garden 😛 

Unfortunately though looks like the Norton Storm Splitter is back up and running, I can see it separating as it gets closer 😭

Edited by Ryukai
  • Like 1
43 minutes ago, Lance M said:

You seem to like drawing shapes on maps! Nothing but a bit of frontal rainfall due tomorrow from what I can see.

i love dawing on maps

• Like 3

😭 Completely Split around me 😭 Nothing but a gust wind and a tiny bit of light rain. Got a couple nice shots though.

On approach "Ohhh look at that lowered base."

631155064_IMG_20200818_140413975_HDR1.thumb.jpg.c1ea815fdeb54b9157152db5bbb430f0.jpg

"hmmm seems to be getting a bit lighter in the middle."

1126721271_IMG_20200818_141454888_HDR1.thumb.jpg.80d7eca8a55c4474e00a1b1a380dabb3.jpg

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOO..."

South 1822825875_IMG_20200818_142539229_HDR1.thumb.jpg.70436fe00522cdbab336e0e4cf8a9e95.jpg WNW 2011874058_IMG_20200818_143046129_HDR1.thumb.jpg.5a934c9c5fe205ff79b010b08c7ed2e2.jpg

Bet anyone under the North split would have an amazing view looking up, I could see what looked like small patches of rotation going on in the low, ragged skuddy base even from here.  There was really strong and fast moving Skuddy stuff getting sucked into it from behind as well. 😛 

Edited by Ryukai
  • Like 3

As others have pointed out, I really don't know what's going on with lightning maps at the moment. It correctly showed several sferics about 10 minutes ago from the storm passing just to my north west at the moment, which was rumbling away. Now though, all the sferics have just completely disappeared!?

Dark skies to the SW with big convective raindrops beginning to fall. Chance of an isolated lightning strike but unlikely I'd say. 

The pic is looking at a small developing cell to the ESE.

IMG_20200818_152506597_HDR.jpg

• Like 4

No sign of any (thundery) showers here, not expecting any either really looking at the latest scans, sunny spells & quite warm, temp 25.1C. 

• Like 1

Couple of loud rumbles here. Very heavy rain in town, to the NW of here. Other showers likely to miss to by the looks of the radar. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, I remember Atlantic 252 said:

can see anvil from here

I can just make out the strikes on the radar near Macclesfield.  Angry looking cell as it moves away.

IMG_20200818_180229.jpg

• Like 6

Incredible storm in Kings Lynn right now, not much in the way of visible lightning but the amount of rain that’s come down and the near constant thunder for the past twenty minutes is astonishing! best storm in a couple years for me, not that it takes much to take that title but definitely a nice little unexpected surprise when i didn’t think anything was forecast today 🙂 

two storms in one week, lucky me..

• Like 4