• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have recently bought a room climate monitor and it is currently reading 22.8°C with 59% humidity which is in the “comfortable range” and it feels very pleasant if a bit on the warm side. It also tel

It was 28oC upstairs but turned the air con on and now it’s a very comfortable  23oC 😁

22.2C in here right now, but it was 27.0C this time yesterday. With the temperature below 20C outside with a keen northerly breeze we've been able to cool the house down. This is a warm house tho

Posted Images

21.2℃, 63%. Lot of sun today to warm the place, which has been close to steady at just over 20℃ most evenings for the last few weeks. Probably another month or so, assuming unexceptional cold, before the heating gets considered - that's usually when it starts struggling to reach 19℃.

23.6°C and 55%. A bit lower than in the summer but the warmer weather over the last few days has stopped it dropping any further at the moment.

On 27 September 2020 at 14:35, emmett garland said:

13.1 c and 61 percent  humidity

WoW. I'm surprised it's even possible for it to get that cold indoors as its not even in single figures during the day yet. Do you have poor insulation or have you deliberately made it that cold eg leaving the window open all night?

If it was that cold indoors I'd need need a winter coat on probably!

10 hours ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

In the lounge (North facing with 3 external walls), its currently 22C. No need to put the heating on yet lol

It’s currently 20°C in my lounge but that’s with the heating on! My lounge only has two external walls as well.

14 hours ago, East Lancs Rain said:

It’s currently 20°C in my lounge but that’s with the heating on! My lounge only has two external walls as well.

The house is well insulated and its low lying around here, it will be a while before it really gets cold in these parts, its rare if October is particulary cold these days - I almost always have to wait until November to see a frost

6 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

The house is well insulated and its low lying around here, it will be a while before it really gets cold in these parts, its rare if October is particulary cold these days - I almost always have to wait until November to see a frost

I live in a 1930’s detached bungalow in the north of England around 500 feet above sea level. It’s got cavity wall insulation but it doesn’t seem to help that much as It’s often below 20°C even in the summer. Rarely warm enough to just wear a t-shirt indoors. We’ve been known to put the heating on in June and early September, but this year we actually had to put it on in June AND July! It really sucks tbh. It has been a really atrocious summer up north though, for the most part, apart from a warmer spell mid June and early August. My mean max for July was only 17°C, about 3°C below average.

Even during the warm spell in September, the nights were still surprisingly cold, so we often still had it on first thing in the morning. It’s also a fairly damp house with humidity between 60-70% most of the time, though opening windows and running dehumidifiers does help.

I envy people with warmer houses, though one benefit of a cooler house is that it doesn’t usually get overbearingly hot during a heatwave. Very rarely goes above 25°C. We don’t even own a fan and manage just fine.

In one of my rooms temp 20.9c and humidity 55%. 

As for the accuracy of the readings I cannot say as every thermometer in the house read something different when brought together. 

Our oil fired boiler is programmed to come on at 7.30am and off at 9.00am. Then on again at 4.30pm and off at 9.00pm. Have a wall thermostat currently set to 20c.

Also have thermostatic radiator valves that are adjusted to suit the usage of individual rooms  

If anyone feels cold they can turn the wall or rad  thermostats up a bit if boiler is on.  Alternatively give a boost for an hour or advance the on time. 

Edited by Snipper