Storms and Convective discussion- 7th August onwards

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A beautiful altocumulus castellanus sunrise this morning. 

Oo she's a beauty 

My first attempt at storm shots 🤷‍♂️ (Please don't judge 🤣) The cells are impressive tonight! 

Posted Images

You can quite clearly see the brighton cell go up as the cloud form the south east bumps into the convergence zone. Would be hilarious if I'm too far north for storms today.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Gordon Webb said:

ah didn't know the figures , yeah well justified in that case then

Never seen my garden like this before it's soo severe this lack of rain and it really is like a desert down here 

IMG_20200813_125552.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

Lots of showers now appearing to my east and SE but I can’t really see them as it’s so cloudy. Having said that the sky does look a bit darker to the east. 

1 minute ago, Azazel said:

You can quite clearly see the brighton cell go up as the cloud form the south east bumps into the convergence zone. Would be hilarious if I'm too far north for storms today.

How can I say shut ... your ... mouth nicely? LOL!!

1 minute ago, Paul Sherman said:

Never seen my garden like this before it's soo severe this lack of rain and it really is like a desert down here 

IMG_20200813_125552.jpg

surely you did in 2018, Most of england looked like that.

This is getting flipping ridiculous now. This morning's storm took a break as it went over Kent and fired up again in Essex. This one is taking a route around us. The forcefield is well and truly up

Screenshot_20200813-125706.png

• Like 1
Just now, StormChaseUK said:

My guess for lightning activity this afternoon evening will be red box, with not much activity or indeed cloud, rain blue box. 

Screenshot_18.jpg

Hopefully you're right!

2 minutes ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

How can I say shut ... your ... mouth nicely? LOL!!

Looks like something firing to the south-east of Winchester heading directly for you and then me after! 

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, James175 said:

This is getting flipping ridiculous now. This morning's storm took a break as it went over Kent and fired up again in Essex. This one is taking a route around us. The forcefield is well and truly up

AROME and UKMO storms could develop across Kent later this afternoon - MetO, Dan, Nick F, PJB (from UKWW) and Estofex and others have the SE in a warning area - let’s wait and see! All forecasts I’ve read make reference numerous possible triggers for storms, unlike previous days where it’s largely been one or two - patience my good fellow!

Edited by Harry
  • Like 1
13 minutes ago, Gordon Webb said:

what's it taken 4 days of sunny weather in the SE

There's no shortage, its a pressure issue, due to amount of water people are using, re sprinklers and filling paddling pools etc. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, James175 said:

I know the feeling only too well. The storm I am watching is starting to hang a left so it misses me.  Reigate Local High Pressure dome in full swing already.

1 minute ago, alexisj9 said:

There's no shortage, its a pressure issue, due to amount of water people are using, re sprinklers and filling paddling pools etc. 

ah ok

After a lull of freshness this morning, humidity here has ROCKETED in the past half hour so - crikey!!!

Cells developing behind the main elevated storm that hit here earlier. Lightning detector has picked up a few strikes.

Edited by Zak M

Sky's filling rapidly with Cumulous. The mass over Birmingham seems to be pushing a low level mass of Dark grey clouds infront of it.

148984225_IMG_20200813_1256270961.thumb.jpg.b88ba7b8c3381bab1a37cd7e1b2f3778.jpg

• Like 1

This is all I can see of what’s to the east with all the cloud cover at the moment. As I type this a sferic popped up in that direction. 

6A75E039-1553-4CDD-8714-C5820127F013.jpeg

• Like 1