Storms and Convective discussion- 7th August onwards

Can't see any flashes from here in North Kent.

I have some hope of some showers forming here in North Kent.

Fingers crossed really.

image.thumb.png.f85cb6e4f0d6f2b7fb557b9a2f180bc9.png  image.thumb.png.073b818a1f57cdd52cb984ac80add386.png

• Like 1
  • Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A beautiful altocumulus castellanus sunrise this morning. 

Oo she's a beauty 

My first attempt at storm shots 🤷‍♂️ (Please don't judge 🤣) The cells are impressive tonight! 

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

It's not very active now

Seeing flashes and hearing grumbles currently to my S/SE looks like another 'spike' is heading our way 😄 

Edited by Ryukai
7 minutes ago, Liam Burge said:

Some cells just developed near me in Taunton, we had a brief shower and it didn't equate to much. The cells seem to be intensifying a bit though.

Which direction Liam? N I presume? 

Last night Shropshire got constant lightning but tonight there's flash flooding with it.

From last night....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Doesn’t look like we’re getting anything here tonight still I’ll be happy with some rain I guess 

Just now, Ashme said:

Which direction Liam? N I presume? 

Yep, the cells were moving north. Seemingly died down a lot since it passed over me, I don't think anything will come from this, but there is a small chance.

Can see the sky light up to the NW from here in Bournemouth of which are presumably is the activity around the Bath/Weston Super Mare area

No. No. Just...no.  The rain area in the Channel is showing every sign of giving up and conking out.  I cannot believe this. Our garden needs water like the Gobi Desert and this happens again.  😲

• Sad 4
Just now, Mark wheeler said:

Omg that line through Bath developed within 15 mins .

its moving westwards now, after that lot has cleared us within the hour, i think that will be it for tonight

The lines of Thunderstorms that the MCS is drawing into itself make it look like it's got spikes sticking out of it's back xD  Wouldn't be surprised if it starts spinning where they all meet o_O

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, LightningLover said:

Behind the last lot, check out lightning maps and look to the French coastline

Ahh, haven’t looked at anything like that since i hit the beach. Now home charging up and catching up. So what’s the heads up on this? Are we expecting it to channel hop?

• Like 1

We’ve had a decent amount here in Swansea again!! Continuous lightening, saw it from a distance so only heard faint rumbling