Sign in to follow this  
Supacell

Storms and convective discussion - 18th June 2020 onwards

Posted (edited)

Showers are moving more north NE rather than NE. That large cell is looking to trundle it's way towards York and then north NE from there. 

Edited by P-M
Spelling
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zak M said:

Just heard thunder!! Get in :yahoo:

Wouldn’t get too excited it will be moving n/ne we need development around the London area for something decent

Looks like Yorkshire is about to get a pasting ? About time we got a good storm!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

The anvil from that storm has blocked out the sun now. Temp is 29C

Edited by cheese

Rewind on the radar and see how it's all changed in 45 mins: it's amazing how this happens.....

• Like 3

First time this year I'm slightly excited at the prospect. Storms initiating now to the south of me moving in this general direction. The question is will they maintain enough but overall looking good for northern and eastern parts this afternoon! Good luck all. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, P-M said:

First time this year I'm slightly excited at the prospect. Storms initiating now to the south of me moving in this general direction. The question is will they maintain enough but overall looking good for northern and eastern parts this afternoon! Good luck all. 

Are we meant to get something this evening/overnight aswell 

Just now, Boro Snow said:

Are we meant to get something this evening/overnight aswell 

I think so. The main risk for us was always going to be afternoon and evening time which is when I like them best if I'm honest. But METo are going for thundery showers through the night in places. All of the ingredients are there ?

Can hear distant rumbles now.

It looks like the large storm will stick mostly to the east of the M1. It looks like it is on a collision course with York.

3 minutes ago, P-M said:

I'm ready.?

eDTmhEf.thumb.gif.639095f1b7fcf53347f28931774f7dc7.gif

• Like 2

Just now, Cloud 10 said:

I'm ready.?

eDTmhEf.thumb.gif.639095f1b7fcf53347f28931774f7dc7.gif

You and me both. Working from home today getting over a bout of covid so this has cheered me up no end this afternoon. Just hope they can maintain and explode some more as they head this way. 

This morning was awoken by booming thunder about 6.15.  Sadly didn't amount to much. Approx 4 CG and associated thunder and heavy rain. Nothing since and this year again that's the most we've had.  Be it virtually no snow or thunder, Bellshill is the place to be.. 

To my NE

DSC00868.JPG

• Like 8

Just now, Alderc said:

4-5cm hail in Sheffield 

-

????????

French storms heading for Belgium, so probably no imports. Mind you at this time they are probably surface based anyway. 

Rumbles of thunder in the distance over Bradford... Hoping one passes overhead for the first storm of 2020 round here ?

15931856061538943196062874329673.jpg

• Like 5

Skies are looking angry to my south east.

photo_2020-06-26_16-32-10.jpg

• Like 2

DSC00869.JPG

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, P-M said:

You and me both. Working from home today getting over a bout of covid so this has cheered me up no end this afternoon. Just hope they can maintain and explode some more as they head this way. 

Should be a beast by the time it hits our region.

Boro-snow maybe best placed.

• Like 1

Oooh is that some pileus I see

DSC00870.JPG

DSC00871.JPG

• Like 5