Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion 3 June 2020 onwards

damianslaw

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer
3 minutes ago, Iceaxecrampon said:

12z GFS

Well this is for tonight  - tops at 600m?

prectypeuktopo.png

Our current gloomfest temperature is only 5c and that’s as good as it’s got all day so being further north and into the colder uppers there’s every chance.

Posted

Maximum 4c at home but was 6c in Hyde on car at click and collect... was really lovely sunny morning (one of very few recently) but cloudy afternoon... low -1c overnight with ice on car... 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Well if our friends in the Mad thread are to be believed, the no mans land between Christmas and NY could be a snow fest across much of the country.

what could possibly go wrong

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms
2 minutes ago, Ramp said:

Yes it’s gloom fest, which is why we need snow to brighten things up

Check out the news on the strat mate. ECM, GFS & GLOSEA ALL sound like they are forecasting a SSW early Jan. They sound excited in there!!!

• Like 3

Posted

Short lived sleetyness on hills to south... currently 2c.... rainy tomorrow but only 3-4c cold rain yuck .... hope nice and cold and crisp & sunny for some of the day Christmas Day 

62CF47D9-E9AC-4538-B822-80FB09899E64.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
30 minutes ago, Kasim Awan said:

Interesting.

nmmuk-1-72-0.png

What is?

Rain for most 

However I have kids to entertain on Xmas day so for me i really don't take much notice.

C.S

Posted
31 minutes ago, cheshire snow said:

What is?

Rain for most 

However I have kids to entertain on Xmas day so for me i really don't take much notice.

C.S

Cheer up fella, what's happened to you this year? 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms
3 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

Cheer up fella, what's happened to you this year? 

Eh absolutely nothing happened to me just trying to be realistic is true though Xmas day is the one day I very rarely look at this forum to busy with the kids.I am waiting in anticipation for the colder weather to arrive and hope the region gets a good hammering make no mistake if that happens i will be the first in here getting all excited I'm chilled mate so all is good

C.S

Posted
7 minutes ago, cheshire snow said:

Eh absolutely nothing happened to me just trying to be realistic is true though Xmas day is the one day I very rarely look at this forum to busy with the kids.I am waiting in anticipation for the colder weather to arrive and hope the region gets a good hammering make no mistake if that happens i will be the first in here getting all excited I'm chilled mate so all is good

C.S

Fair enough, I must of read your latest post wrong. Apologies. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Horizontal Drizzle - Nice Blizzards

Narnia.

3F921F7F-CC88-43FA-81C3-48F21D45B346.thumb.jpeg.f9a99c6cf522e1e9139eba89d4a1d01b.jpeg

Edited by Iceaxecrampon

Posted

Normally precipitation blown on a December easterly would be snow up here but 2020 has been far from normal on all counts

Posted

Morning guys,

Some of you with a bit of height should do quite well with the old white stuff soon.

Outlook for Friday to Sunday: From the Met

Cloudy with a few showers on Christmas Day, further rain to arrive through the night. Further rain, heavy at times on Boxing Day and Sunday. Snow likely across high ground.

It will be staying unsettled through to the end of December with a mixture of sunny spells and showers, but also some longer spells of rain. Temperatures are expected to be below average with snow expected over hills, but this is also likely to fall to lower levels at times, especially but not restricted to the north. It will be often windy too, with a risk of coastal gales. Going into early January there are signs that more settled weather will develop, particularly across western areas of the country. Should this occur, overnight frosts will become more widespread and there are likely to be morning fog patches. Temperatures are likely to be remaining below average.

I think we will all see some snow eventually, this has to be the best looking setup to come since 2010. With the goings on in the strat thread & the look of the other charts sounds/looks like January 'COULD' turn out pretty special.

Fingers & toes crossed!

Edited by Day 10
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme
59 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

Morning guys,

Some of you with a bit of height should do quite well with the old white stuff soon.

Outlook for Friday to Sunday: From the Met

Cloudy with a few showers on Christmas Day, further rain to arrive through the night. Further rain, heavy at times on Boxing Day and Sunday. Snow likely across high ground.

It will be staying unsettled through to the end of December with a mixture of sunny spells and showers, but also some longer spells of rain. Temperatures are expected to be below average with snow expected over hills, but this is also likely to fall to lower levels at times, especially but not restricted to the north. It will be often windy too, with a risk of coastal gales. Going into early January there are signs that more settled weather will develop, particularly across western areas of the country. Should this occur, overnight frosts will become more widespread and there are likely to be morning fog patches. Temperatures are likely to be remaining below average.

I think we will all see some snow eventually, this has to be the best looking setup to come since 2010. With the goings on in the strat thread & the look of the other charts sounds/looks like January 'COULD' turn out pretty special.

Fingers & toes crossed!

There looks to be snow showing up on the latest radar image in the far north of England as I type........

Posted

Yeah just checked, I wonder if the cold air is undercutting quicker than modeled?

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Mark Parsons said:

There looks to be snow showing up on the latest radar image in the far north of England as I type........

This is the forecast, no mention of snow.

Today:

A wet day with outbreaks of rain turning heavy and persistent across the region. Northern parts will see the heaviest of the rain in the morning, pushing south later. Feeling unpleasant with winds strengthening. Maximum temperature 6 °C.

Tonight:

Rain will continue through the evening, clearing up during the night. Mostly cloudy with some clear spells for the western parts of the region. Remaining cold and windy. Minimum temperature -2 °C.

Posted
1 minute ago, Day 10 said:

Yeah just checked, I wonder if the cold air is undercutting quicker than modeled?

Something is happening,  although the radar is sometimes wrong lol!

Posted
1 minute ago, Day 10 said:

This is the forecast, no mention of snow.

Today:

A wet day with outbreaks of rain turning heavy and persistent across the region. Northern parts will see the heaviest of the rain in the morning, pushing south later. Feeling unpleasant with winds strengthening. Maximum temperature 6 °C.

Tonight:

Rain will continue through the evening, clearing up during the night. Mostly cloudy with some clear spells for the western parts of the region. Remaining cold and windy. Minimum temperature -2 

That's the forecast which is only a forecast, I think it maybe nowcast for the rest of the day...    

• Like 1