Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion 3 June 2020 onwards

damianslaw

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

No snow on the ground here but the ground is wet .. so it may have sleeted or rained but Temperatures are *just* the wrong side of marginal. Currently 1.8C with a dewpoint of 1C

Edited by SP1986

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

That’s the radar sequence of what happened tonight since around 3am goes on up to 8am  Red dot my location here at 35 asl in Sale 

Edited by raul_sbd

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Soundslike i missed a good night !!

Posted

Please don't Corona shame me but I booked a few days away in the Lakes to work in my campervan before Boris n co changed the tiers...after this year I decided to keep it as was just me and Daisy (the van) and keeping myself to myself.

Anyways...sods law the bloody day I'm away, it looks like I must have had a few hours of snow back home.  You couldn't make it up!  Don't call it Karma!! 

Stunning here though, only bits of snow at side of road but stunning mountains. Sadly the belt missed here by a millimetre on the radar but glad you lot are getting some. I'm hoping by the time I get back there will still be some on the ground.

@CreweColdI SO feel your pain...many many MANY times when living in Crewe when snow did fall it would be too wet to stick...That's where the altitude of where I live now really helps. If it is snowing but not sticking in Crewe then I know it will be sticking with ease up at mine.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

Still snowing alternating between light and moderate would estimate about 4cm now

C.S

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

No idea how long this will continue for but seems to be getting a bit heavier again.

C.S

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Just sleety rain here now, air is too saturated. Have a slight dusting on some surfaces. Going to bed for a bit.

Edited by Chris.R

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, frosty nights, thunderstorms and the odd gale

Still snowing here, light to moderate, tiny flakes. Just been out to measure - bang on 4cm of snow cover.

Posted
Just now, Dexter said:

Still snowing here, light to moderate, tiny flakes. Just been out to measure - bang on 4cm of snow cover.

Been replaying the radar (and refreshing a lot! haha) and there is definitely a new pulse, pivoting round...so you might get a another few hours?

image.thumb.png.72fcf5b0967f08d803dd440c2800a00c.png

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
31 minutes ago, captaincroc said:

Please don't Corona shame me but I booked a few days away in the Lakes to work in my campervan before Boris n co changed the tiers...after this year I decided to keep it as was just me and Daisy (the van) and keeping myself to myself.

Anyways...sods law the bloody day I'm away, it looks like I must have had a few hours of snow back home.  You couldn't make it up!  Don't call it Karma!! 

Stunning here though, only bits of snow at side of road but stunning mountains. Sadly the belt missed here by a millimetre on the radar but glad you lot are getting some. I'm hoping by the time I get back there will still be some on the ground.

@CreweColdI SO feel your pain...many many MANY times when living in Crewe when snow did fall it would be too wet to stick...That's where the altitude of where I live now really helps. If it is snowing but not sticking in Crewe then I know it will be sticking with ease up at mine.

Ben, I thought I was going to see nothing a bit back so to even get a dusting I'm grateful. 

Of course I'd love 4cm of fresh snow but I can't grumble now really.

Edited by CreweCold

Posted
1 minute ago, captaincroc said:

Been replaying the radar (and refreshing a lot! haha) and there is definitely a new pulse, pivoting round...so you might get a another few hours?

image.thumb.png.72fcf5b0967f08d803dd440c2800a00c.png

We've been really lucky with the pivot here. Thought it would clear Eastwards a couple of hours ago, but then the Eastward movement stalled. Getting heavier again here now.

Posted
1 minute ago, CreweCold said:

Ben, I thought I was going to see nothing a bit back to to even get a dusting I'm grateful. 

I know I'm repeating my previous few posts but the pivot is looking potentially good for Crewe? Even an hour extra might add a few cms?

Posted
3 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

Ben, I thought I was going to see nothing a bit back to to even get a dusting I'm grateful. 

image.thumb.png.139a982d5b4004b4762b18a163741542.pngThis is for Crewe...maybe squeeze another hour or so?  The pulse looks quite intense.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
2 minutes ago, captaincroc said:

image.thumb.png.139a982d5b4004b4762b18a163741542.pngThis is for Crewe...maybe squeeze another hour or so?  The pulse looks quite intense.

I'm off to bed anyway mate, pulled an all nighter and didn't feel the best yesterday anyway 

Posted
11 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

Ben, I thought I was going to see nothing a bit back so to even get a dusting I'm grateful. 

We're weather watchers and coldies - we can always grumble.  (low so close but not close enough overnight is mine) 

Saw the first snowfall of this winter and a good 5cm or so lying of it as well so nothing to complain about really. Overnight was always going to require a tonne of look. 

Felt quite cold overnight, and looking at the models it seems we'll hopefully have a few more events to look forward to in January. 

Edited by Deep Snow please

Posted

Doesn't seem to be at all marginal here, indicated by the snow sticking to the side of the lamp post all the way up.