Storms and Convective discussion - 1st June 2020onwards

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A quick recap of my day, without getting too waffly. It has been an absolute classic and my favourite/most successful chase so far. - started fairly benign as I failed to get a good handle on the

100% Bonafide Supercell no doubting that whatsoever 35knts of flow, Moved right of the deviant steering flow Killed off anything that came near it Like most Supercells massive uptick in

Nice little thunderstorm finally drought is over!  London webcams: I grabbed this!!! 

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Right now I would really do anything to be 1 mile north. These cells are just completely teasing me.

Tell me about it. My friend, who lives 4 miles away, has had the works. I got 3 rumbles and a few spots of rain ?

• Like 3

Drizzle Intensity 2/10 first rain since early last week.

Game over for tonight in the Estuary as visibility down to around 1/4 mile and temps back to 14c now

• Sad 5

This is so weird though, I'm under the rain now, if you can call it that, and it's humid and not a breath of wind. Feels erie,

• Like 2

The emphasis is not on the rain moving in from the continent, it's what develops South of it tomorrow. For that, we need the sunshine.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

This is so weird though, I'm under the rain now, if you can call it that, and it's humid and not a breath of wind. Feels erie,

Similar eerie feel over here now south of London after those pop up cells moved through

I'm not really too optimistic for Thursday here tbh.

I think the Met Office are wrong about that warning - I think they have nudged it a bit too north.

Edited by Zak M
  • Sad 1

A few distant rumbles earlier but nothing else today. It’s a shame; so much CAPE but no trigger it seems. Never mind. Saturday and Sunday were amazing.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

The emphasis is not on the rain moving in from the continent, it's what develops South of it tomorrow. For that, we need the sunshine.

Aye the debate in Midlands thread, how far north the setup is, how quick frontal rain clears, my location could be twixed inbetween the rainband and the sunshine/showers

19 minutes ago, bradleywx said:

Agh north london backbuilding cells are all to my south..I think it's time for a new hobby

I've tried that, you'll be back and hooked again the next time there's a chance!! I think storms are dangerously addictive! 

• Like 2

Well, all these storms about and not a sniff of one in Colchester. 

Carry on and keep watering ?

What looked like an MCS the other day is so far a giant wedge of drizzle! Sums up this week to a tee!

Edited by Lance M
  • Like 4
3 minutes ago, SnowBear said:

Well, all these storms about and not a sniff of one in Colchester. 

Carry on and keep watering ?

Nought here either. Just a long way off rumble very occasionally. 

7 minutes ago, jake44 said:

could the south east get thunderstorms tonight anyone know ?

Like I said earlier and am happy to be proved wrong but it is just not condusive too thunderstorms or MCS activity but you cant rule out a stray rumble of thunder, the profiles on the Skewt are absilutely saturated up to 300mb from 900mb which means dynamic rainfall in all levels some heavier pulses mostly moderate some light, drizzle and misty murk. 

The only chance is if something can create itself north or south of the main band by way of convergence which could become a bit stronger and produce echoes, this could be around Norfolk/Suffolk Border or indeed along the South Coast thats even if it reaches there due to the fact it looks like it comes in from the east and lifts North West to be sat over the Midlands by daybreak

Hope this helps

• Like 4