Sign in to follow this  
Supacell

Storms and Convective discussion - 1st June 2020onwards

Just now, Chris.R said:

Just heard a scary sounding positive strike from the storm over south Liverpool.

Just heard it in Ince Blundell.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Superstormuk said:

I heard it was a bit disappointing. A family member of mine who was in Bracknell at the time did say there was some thunder, so better than what I got earlier. 

It wasn't the best,  but best t and l I've sern for 2 years 

you can see how the Leicester and the A5 Towcester one have joined forces here...

• Like 3

Seems like there’s a small heat low developed in situ right over the centre of the country as per XC weather. Possibly the reason the cap has become eroded more and there’s an organisation of that system. 

Chances of a supercell forming just to the south of Birmingham soon?

• Like 3

I'm sat just near Clowne, deep booming thunder coming just from my NE

storm got worst as it went, typical.

• Sad 1

Well the radar has what is left of storm heading straight for me now after a slight curve to the West. heard a faint rumble of Thunder and now it's raining heavier but no visible lightning.

54 minutes ago, Ryukai said:

You have a possible monster heading you way ? 

Of course it isn't. What a surprise, it's gunna miss us to the west. 

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)

Any one have any idea what could have triggered a pulse line of small storms that moved from Stoke-on-Trent all the way to Luton???  Some sort of weird convergence zone?

If you run the radar images back and forth quickly (do it manually not with the animate button) you can see whatever it is racing down in almost a perfectly straight line in a SE direction triggering storms as it went......

Edited by Ryukai

As a cell it's dead lightning wise. Probably build up and blitz Manchester once it's left here. So a miss today unless something brews up later.

The cell south of Birmingham I just drove through and it was like something I've driven through in America. Constant lightning and blinding downpours. It seems to be coming more organised too. 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Ryukai said:

Any one have any idea what could have triggered a pulse line of small storms that moved from Stoke-on-Trent all the way to Luton???

If you run the radar images back and forth quickly (do it manually not with the animate button) you can see whatever it is racing down in almost a perfectly straight line in a SE direction triggering storms as it went......

A Shortwave and back building i believe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2x Merlin helicopters going past a hour ago, now followed by a thundery shower and reports of a funnel cloud in Buxton.

• Like 4

Now two flashes of lightning and heavy rain

• Like 1

Glad everyone is enjoying the thunder and lightning at the moment! Just a reminder, I'm seeing the word "Supercell" used as a bit of a throw away term lately and it must be reminded that they are very rare in the UK. On a typical storm day there's probably <1% of a supercell forming.

• Like 5

Picking up nicely for the north of the city. Passing through now but getting more energetic as it goes.

You know... Other than those in the Cone and Triangle, I doubt there's going to be many members of the No Thunderstorms Club this year after all this is over ? 

Just now, The PIT said:

Now two flashes of lightning and heavy rain

Surely now that will count?

Completely missed us. Wished I had drove up to the top of Marsh Lane for the view

Can hear the storm to the south 

8 minutes ago, Sparkiee storm said:

A Shortwave and back building i believe.

Thanks, It was remarkably fast moving too, only seemed to take about 2 hours to travel the full distance ? 

• Like 1

This is just madness it almost continuous rumbles,one after the other

• Like 1

Deep continuous rumbles here in Solihull. Think we are slightly on the edge but it's still very potent.

maybe not so lucky tonight? early days, but seems like my area in the channel, thundering still though