Storms and Convective discussion - 1st June 2020onwards

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A quick recap of my day, without getting too waffly. It has been an absolute classic and my favourite/most successful chase so far. - started fairly benign as I failed to get a good handle on the

100% Bonafide Supercell no doubting that whatsoever 35knts of flow, Moved right of the deviant steering flow Killed off anything that came near it Like most Supercells massive uptick in

Nice little thunderstorm finally drought is over!  London webcams: I grabbed this!!! 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

How Big please ?

What the crap or the Hail...?

Sorry paul I know what you mean could not resist 

• Like 2

Amazing storm near Manchester

This is the cell/cells that have been developing over Wolverhampton, pic dont show just how dark it is. Heard a few rumbles from it a while ago.

104169379_2601392953408526_4105612139401520475_n.jpg

104482530_898623667310191_2209069610927243978_n.jpg

Edited by Sparkiee storm
  • Like 4
Posted (edited)

That is a fantastic looking storm to the west of Manchester. What I would do to be under that.

Meanwhile here there is nothing. I was wrong earlier when I said today is similar to yesterday. The activity is the opposite side of the Peak District.

I wonder what side of the Peak District will cop it tomorrow

Edited by Supacell

Sky looks interesting here but no T/L to be seen just some rain so probably insignificant and I'm just giving myself false hope ?

IMG_20200615_205600.jpg

Edited by Summerstorm
  • Like 3
1 minute ago, Jamiee said:

Video from inside that monster!

That’s what us storm chasers pay good money for. A good few pics of structure too in this feed

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Weather-history said:

Pea sized thankful but it has left a partial covering 

Cant wait to see this footage

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Paul Sherman said:

Anybody under that thing getting any hail ? Would expect this to drop large hail maybe upto 1.5 Inch

Just shared a video someone sent me on Twitter. Definitely some fairly large hail there

• Like 5

If today is like this & tomorrow is meant to have better conditions, god knows what it's gonna bring!

• Like 2
1 minute ago, shogan83 said:

Couple of Rumbles near Kettering as a shower has passed through 

Thanks for clearing my head up for me I did hear and see lightning but couldn't be sure, as the shower moved off. ? 

Massive tower gone up to my south now..

3 minutes ago, Supacell said:

That is a fantastic looking storm to the west of Manchester. What I would do to be under that.

Meanwhile here there is nothing. I was wrong earlier when I said today is similar to yesterday. The activity is the opposite side of the Peak District.

I wonder what side of the Peak District will cop it tomorrow

Exactly the same side, we both know that! 

2 minutes ago, Jamiee said:

If today is like this & tomorrow is meant to have better conditions, god knows what it's gonna bring!

Nothing for us mate hahahaha

Quite disheartening to see the models show pretty much the same areas getting these storms all week. Absolutely zero likely down here!

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
Just now, Jim Halpert said:

Exactly the same side, we both know that! 

Not so sure. I was to the west yesterday and everything happened to the east. I'd head NW tomorrow but I know what will happen if I do.

Just now, Mapantz said:

Quite disheartening to see the models show pretty much the same areas getting these storms all week. Absolutely zero likely down here!

Maybe a long journey is in order.

1 minute ago, Paul Sherman said:

Nothing for us mate hahahaha

Both gonna be crying here in the South. haha