Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mapantz

South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/06/2020 Onward

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Impressive looking cell, this one!

IMG_20200812_161414.thumb.jpg.fd7d03a427da8a75c19d1dffe71ffc5f.jpg

 

Edited by Dean E
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Dean E said:

Impressive looking cell, this one!

IMG_20200812_161414.thumb.jpg.fd7d03a427da8a75c19d1dffe71ffc5f.jpg

 

I can see that cell from here in frome Somerset, it looks like monster!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i just fired up a realtime cam pointing north west'ish from westbury ..may come in handy for later 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, near northampton said:

Reached 34c now at Staverton about a mile from me here in Cheltenham, hottest in the UK at the moment, more chances to break the CAP?

Garden thermometer in shade reading 35c in my garden in Stroud. We seem to be the hottest area! Must be the hottest day for a good few years in Gloucestershire. 
 

Now we await the storms....:) 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Up to 34.2°C earlier, my highest temp record, dropped to 31.2°C when cloud cover came over, now back up at 33.4°C as the sky has cleared again.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Living under the edge of Salisbury Plain is preventing me seeing the massive storm clouds to the East (and it’s too hot to consider heading up onto the ridgeway) however there seem to be clouds developing here now so they will be worth watching in the next hour as well as seeing if the current storms get this far.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

Living under the edge of Salisbury Plain is preventing me seeing the massive storm clouds to the East (and it’s too hot to consider heading up onto the ridgeway) however there seem to be clouds developing here now so they will be worth watching in the next hour as well as seeing if the current storms get this far.

i am NOT walking up that hill lol

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jtay said:

Nobody tell Beka that she's missing a great view of the storms from Win.

Just my ruddy luck lol!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Andy Pepler said:

i am NOT walking up that hill lol

Here she comes! Textbook!

A51F1DCD-02E9-447F-BC1E-DB8BBDA47648.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow! Been enormous anvils east of Frome I reckon toward pewsey Marlborough direction. 

They must have been having storms there for a good couple of hours now! 

 

 

EE84BEA1-E0AE-48A8-B1D5-FE1C9D6BB8A3.jpeg

D4D2EFA0-04E6-4FEC-AF6C-0520B2F488E5.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Andy Bown said:

Here she comes! Textbook!

A51F1DCD-02E9-447F-BC1E-DB8BBDA47648.jpeg

It's dying, I'm afraid from what I can see. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Storms setting off all around the country,  the whole off the south west storm free.  Will it stay that way?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Temperature is rapidly dropping here now the wind has swung around the SW.

1601194264_TemperatureDay(1).thumb.png.8683777e79a9a580be9d458a52c5cf2c.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, jtay said:

It's dying, I'm afraid from what I can see. 

Yes, still looks beautiful but radar is disappointing. Swindon area meanwhile!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cells over Swindon area heading NW into Gloucs, easily missing my location.

Shame, hopefully tomorrow will fair better for areas of our region yet to see any convective weather from this spell.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AWD said:

Cells over Swindon area heading NW into Gloucs, easily missing my location.

Shame, hopefully tomorrow will fair better for areas of our region yet to see any convective weather from this spell.

I think this area will develop as the evening progresses..

465965482_Annotation2020-08-12182722.thumb.png.7f12f2574f034d870c648bfca8d9fc8a.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

I think this area will develop as the evening progresses..

465965482_Annotation2020-08-12182722.thumb.png.7f12f2574f034d870c648bfca8d9fc8a.png

Would certainly tie in with the recently issued amber weather warning from the Met Office.

Hopefully you are right although I won't be holding my breath.  At least various parts of our region have further chances in the coming days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's all just skirting by swindon. I'm in the town centre and we've had some gusts of wind, a small shower and thunder heard from a distance.

 Looks like Gloucestershire is getting a hammering though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...