South West and Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 01/06/2020 Onward

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You'll like this one.... Some kids were camping over in the Downton meadows last night. Packing up in the rain this morning, we watched them bag their rubbish up, then chuck it in the trees. I shouted

My poor attempt at taking photos of lightning with the phone! 

Just missed out in frome again , but took a short a short stroll  to a good vantage point and caught  funnel cloud 

Posted Images

Rather hazy towards the Fleet and Portland around midday.  Quite breezy there on the top of Abbotsbury Hill too.

P1050250 (800x447).jpg

And now it’s clouded over again but the boring type rather than the excitement further north. 16.6°C

There was a sharp shower on the Eastern side of town Tom. It looked heavier up the hill towards the golf course.

48 minutes ago, Tom dewey likes thunder said:

there are some tower clouds growing out side warminster in Wiltshire in south and west england

I'm more hopeful for Wednesday, but let's face it with that low anchored off the French coast, we're trying to spot a sock in the washing machine from 30 yards.

euro4-1-54-0.thumb.png.77e92dfd3de45b5a69cdb001a06004f5.png

• Like 1

Second evening in a row with a lovely sky to the WNW. Surprised there’s nothing on the radar from this line of towers.

5F6EB558-66AC-4B98-9318-EE54C8C81E56.jpeg

Seems the focus of any convective activity remains up towards the Midlands and NW England through the next few days.  Obviously, as with the nature of forecasting convective weather, showers/storms could form and effect any one location, certainly no where is immune, but all current forecasting tools and brains certainly favour the north more so than the south.

Edited by AWD

Dry with sunny spells all day and a bit warmer than yesterday was. Reached 18.1°C, currently 15.2°C

Ignoring the apps of course, but...

image.thumb.png.c718b2cbb63484e5842a93319ff771f9.png

The Euro4 does have a little cell popping up over Southampton Water, later this afternoon. We'll see. We've had a few drops already, so a bit more hopeful for today now.

image.thumb.png.4205d4cfca29b7ca1f3a783c1074a591.png

Tom’s pictures can cover my post too. Convective heaven all around Warminster, large raindrops falling and steamy sun too. The next few hours will either be fun or frustrating lol.

11 minutes ago, CheesepuffScott said:

Cloudy with bright spells throughout the morning... a shower going through now. 19.7°C

Seems to keep picking up over Lyndhurst. Must be all that orographic lift from Bolton's bench. :oldlaugh:

Hi Andy/Tom im just hop skip jump from you both on the other side of Cley Hill and can see those really towering/growing now too. If we fail today then Wednesday does look considerably more unstable than today.

1 minute ago, jtay said:

Seems to keep picking up over Lyndhurst. Must be all that orographic lift from Bolton's bench. :oldlaugh:

LOL,

I used to love it down there in Lyndhurst. The Boltons bench comment made me laugh so much. Used to play rounders at the bottom and also sledge down that.(Just like the Alps slopes there isnt it :-))

Just like the last few days it’s brightened up now. Expect it’ll be like the last few days too where it stays dry and mostly sunny for the rest of the day while areas to the north see showers and storms. The main difference being those areas might be closer today. 17.2°C

5 minutes ago, offerman said:

LOL,

I used to love it down there in Lyndhurst. The Boltons bench comment made me laugh so much. Used to play rounders at the bottom and also sledge down that.(Just like the Alps slopes there isnt it :-))

As long as you took your sledge home and didn't dump it in the car park, like the chavvy Watersiders. (I can say that, I'm Watersider).