Snow?

June 2020 CET & EWP forecast contests

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just to let everyone know, the scores will be a little delayed this month. Probably will be out on Saturday.

EWP Annual Scoring (7 months) _ Updated for June  _ _ _ note: Avg error only compared if 5/7 to 7/7 contests entered. _ _ _ __ ___ ____ _____ lower half of scores for regular participants in

15.7c to the 27th 1.6c above the 61 to 90 average 1.4c above the 81 to 10 average ___________________________ Current high this month 16.5c to the 1st Current low this month 13.0c t

Posted Images

15.0C, 30mm.

Both my conventional method and analogue set are in broad agreement, especially with the recent output. Dominant ridging over the mid-lattitudes around the UK with a bias towards blocking to our north and east resulting in mean easterlies. 

15.5*C with 40mm precipitation please.

Probably feel it will be a bit more mixed compared to this month, but some similarities to May with a good deal of warm and sunny weather about. 

• Like 1

Love these types of contests. Very new to these forums (just joined). Won't be submitting till last day of month. However preliminary thoughts. This June likely to be more changeable, later through the month, Maybe northern blocking but not sure. Don't think it will be that wet but hoping something better than this insane may about to end.

• Like 2

Hate to be that guy, but plan A now looking better than plan B, back to 13.9 and 65.8 mm. Roger, ignore my earlier post. Oh wait, I am Roger. That shows you something about my mental condition. 

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Roger J Smith said:

Hate to be that guy, but plan A now looking better than plan B, back to 13.9 and 65.8 mm. Roger, ignore my earlier post. Oh wait, I am Roger. That shows you something about my mental condition. 

That's some scale back from 16.6C!

Edited by Don
6 hours ago, Don said:

That's some scale back from 16.6C!

Partly game theory at work, Don, I am middle of the pack, can't advance much with near normal guesses even if tthey work out. But the models are showing quite a sharp cooling trend and my earlier punt was based on the opposite idea, that this warm spell would continue for two weeks, which is what models were showing as a possibility back then. 

• Like 1