1 hour ago, Arnie Pie said:

Nice early one tonight....latest AIM 24-06-2020... although the arms that were present 3 days out have regressed back to higher latitudes,  It has left  a strong bulk at the core......  Looks good for some low altitude sightings....  and theres signals on the radar

24j.thumb.png.4a73c84d06f5861d2c053ff0f35d6c58.png

Clear skies please?

Clouding over from the west... im not stopping up.

I need to go out to see them as my northern aspect isnt very good. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few of the hundreds I took between 130am and 330am and finally crashed into bed at 430am Zzzzzzzz First one NLCs and Comet Neowise Second one was when the NLCs were showing off  Pictu

Like this one at the end of the night at 315am

A few from my first ever attempts last night. Kept it local so foreground is kinda naff...  

Posted Images

Visible to my North West now, shame there is some low cloud in the way but these are pretty bright tonight. 

• Like 1

Are there any around tonight? Took this in zone 2 and usually don't expect to see any in London. Might just be high cloud. I miss living in the North at this time of year

IMG_20200626_231717.jpg

• Like 6
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, mushymanrob said:

I need to go out to see them as my northern aspect isnt very good.

understandable Rob....there will be more chances....Damm those pesky thunderstorms

Big shows daann saaarf

Worth sticking around to see if it clears by 2nd half

Edit  ;Cracking Paul

Edited by Arnie Pie
  • Like 2

I`ll confirm that for you @LeeKay/....We are under a line of cloud running up the spine of the country.....which is moving slowly of to the East.....Now have you seen the 'channel of clarity'.....just inbetween our cloud and the oncoming front

its got a couple of hours but i think it`s  worth the wait to see?

• Like 1

Still overcast now.

Currently still 40 hrs awake hrs now looking after my cat im knakered - evil ones next door poised him he nearly died. Becoming breeezy now @Arnie Pie Ace sunrise the red! yestay morning.

Sorry bad typing afther this long its difficult to understand your own langauge,so so tired - thankful i brought my cat bac alive. (wrong thread possibe)

• Like 3

Well.... i was sitting out in my back garden last night, and as the clouds rolled in, i just saw some!

This isnt my pic, i lifted it, but i saw what is in the red circle...

ps.... where skies were clear theres plenty of pics from last night, most being the low level ones Arnie predicted... ?

nocti last night.jpg

• Like 7

Edited that photo last night but forgot to post it here.

I presume this was like some of the dawn events that happen because I've never seen it that wild ever after sunset.

Contrail caught in the mix seemed to strengthen later on too.

DSC_0745edited.thumb.JPG.289565ac6ecfcfe6b603fd4fd4942454.JPG

• Like 8

Clouded out, not seeing a star all night...Althought there were ome cracking photos overnight...all seem to show the same feature which formed a giant T in the sky....which from what i can gather was in the NW?

I`m not sure if this was a contrail Jamiee.....far to leggit for that

• Like 2
23 minutes ago, Arnie Pie said:

Clouded out, not seeing a star all night...Althought there were ome cracking photos overnight...all seem to show the same feature which formed a giant T in the sky....which from what i can gather was in the NW?

agreed...no contrail on there @Jamiee

• Like 1

Zoomed in Version of last nights display around 1130pm. Not particularly happy with this image as its very noisy due to trying a lower ISO and longer exposure time due to the hazy and misty conditions. Hoping if clear tonight it will be better with fresher weather and not as much pollution.

IMG_1011.JPG

• Like 8

Theres that T again...i`ll be waiting for the relevant AIM image to come out to see what the cloud looks like on the image...my guess is an individual strong cloud just to the NW of the British isles located on our strip of the overall AIM image....Which is recorded every orbit at roughly the same time between 22.00 - 00.00 utv

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Arnie Pie said:

1 hour ago, mushymanrob said:

agreed...no contrail on there @Jamiee

Just relooked properly and it isn’t. It looked like one last night and I just assumed it got mixed in with the clouds.

• Like 2