Storms and Convective discussion - 10th April 2020 onwards

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I got this about 15-20 minutes ago from the London cell. I'm very shocked I got this.

Timing is key for Thursday - we've mentioned before how both the phasing and shape/characteristics of the mid/upper level trough will ultimately determine how many thunderstorms (if any) develop. Mode

My sister got this great pic from leith hill tower 

Posted Images

Everything has missed me so far. Literally was in between two showers to the north and south of me at one point ? need rain

Another roubd here in crawley, just had a Very close strike with a loud instant pop and no rumble,

• Like 1

i'm saying today is the start of the season because it has gone above our expctation it would be great if that could carry on

looks like one storm north soon , one storm south and one storm over me that would be a great picture will probably happen in 20 minutes

Looks like the supposedly low risk today has delivered more than Thursday's disappointment did!

Some nice little storms down in Sussex and Kent way.

• Like 3

Wish I lived 'down south' you guys always get all the good weather ? 

Just typical 'April' showers going on up here.  Still ridiculously windy though, gusts are getting up to a good 30mph (probably higher).  Last shower that passed through did throw a few small hail stones at the windows aswell. 

• Like 1

Wow!! That was just biblical. Being actually out in it was quite unsettling. The videos below don’t quite show the strength of the storm but it really was a memorable experience for me. The speed of the hail ? 

34923274-7390-4C56-8DDE-86EFB9860C3B.png

1C2AAAC7-5C6A-4FBD-B25A-635D11001B32.png

• Like 2

A PWS in Crawley showing rain rates near 30mm/hr with around 7mm of rain recorded in a v short amount of time. Really is quite a nasty downpour to get caught in. Dramatic temp drop too from 16c to 11c.

image.png

• Like 2

Bloody typical, I wait weeks for a decent storm, the one day I don't bother looking and decide to start sorting the garden out and all hell breaks breaks loose ?

• Like 1