Snow?

Summer 2020 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK @damianslaw you've tempted me into it.  Mike's forecast for summer 2020: In my view, the building blocks are already built now given the exceptional spring we have had this year in the UK

Beautiful noctilucent clouds this evening here in Prague 

This seems to be a facet of our changing climate - in the 1970s and 1980s, it took exceptional synoptics like those of late June 1976 to get temperatures approaching the mid-30s Celsius, and most heat

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Nick L said:

34.9C at Heathrow, date record has gone.

5 miles away at Northolt, it's only 32.8...

Very strange.....

Although Northolt was at 34c at 1.50pm.

Look how far west the high temps are reaching. There's 30C+ all the way down to near Plymouth. Private weather stations in Devon are the highest I've ever seen them today.

Westcountry Temps.jpg

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, TQWX said:

Look how far west the high temps are reaching. There's 30C+ all the way down to near Plymouth. Private weather stations in Devon are the highest I've ever seen them today.

Westcountry Temps.jpg

Pretty hot through a lot of England right now, not a SE only day at all

cgicurrentgraph?CEL=C&SI=mph&ART=karteal

Edited by Man With Beard
  • Like 1

29.6C is the high so far in Leeds. The dew point though is a very oppressive 21C. It feels ridiculously muggy today. If things don’t go bang tonight I’ll be quite displeased.

Edited by cheese

Just amazing run of high temps in Southern Britain. Looks like the norm now for SE England to join the European Hot spots on a regular basis. Very warm over here in Central Europe but no match for the heart of England. You guys on a par  now with much of France. Anyway nice little picture to help you cool down ! This taken 6 month ago.

C

117294046_3466547933363701_1680351446285864312_n.jpg

Edited by carinthian
  • Like 6

If you think today is hot and oppressive wait until tomorrow as its likely to be hotter. 32/33C likely up the M1 corridor into South Yorkshire, heat confined mostly inland and away from the coast. 

11 minutes ago, 38.7°C said:

If you think today is hot and oppressive wait until tomorrow as its likely to be hotter. 32/33C likely up the M1 corridor into South Yorkshire, heat confined mostly inland and away from the coast. 

Only thing keeping me going at the moment in this awful,crap,debilitating,vile weather is the knowledge it will soon be over. If anybody can now complain about this summer being not hot! Records are falling everywhere!

Edited by markyo
14 minutes ago, 38.7°C said:

Dew Points today have been mostly 17-21C tomorrow they could be even higher. 

Showing a Humidex of 38.6c in Sheffield at the moment....I'll be dreaming of those lovely Autumn mornings tonight, this is absolutely terrible, long time since this area has had such uncomfortable possibly life threatening summer heat.  But sadly i think just a foretaste  of whats to come.