Kirkcaldy Weather

Tornado threat 18th March onward

There goes the bust. 

Remember what I said about the car... Yeah 😮 

• Like 2

John Humphress feed looks a bit ominous.

WWW.SEVERESTUDIOS.COM

Experience live storm chasing & watch top storm chasers stream dashboard video of tornados and extreme weather as it happens. Compatible with Android & iOS.

Utterly fascinating and terrifying all in one that development speed is ridiculous.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Kirkcaldy Weather said:

Utterly fascinating and terrifying all in one that development speed is ridiculous.

That is one of the quickest tornadoes i have seen develop,unbelievable.

• Like 1

They are reporting rotation on Justin Hilliards cam now.

LIVESTORMCHASING.COM

Watch live feeds as storm chasers try to see if their target verifies. Tornadoes, hurricanes, blizzards, and floods - we've got it all and more, live on our site and available as video on demand.

Getting dark now though.

Flipped train, I would say it was an EF4 as I said last night seeing a strong multi vortex wedge like that brought back memories of Tuscaloosa, but you can never be sure with the surveys these days though I think they will say at least a high end EF3. 

• Like 1

WeatherNation (@WeatherNation) Tweeted:
NEW: #Tornado moves through Jonesboro, AR; preliminary reports of what appears to be significant damage. 

What we know so far at the start of a busy severe weather day: 

https://t.co/TjeAnnYxTE

#ARwx https://t.co/1kh3JJjKaT https://twitter.com/WeatherNation/status/1244037225358057474?s=20

@Kirkcaldy Weather...just a quick thank you from a non-tweeter

Happy to see your instant posts although, unable to view the video`s, but the photos and discriptions are just as informative....Cheers

• Like 1

Obviously each tornado is unique but here is a comparison with the Tuscaloosa tornado.

Tuscaloosa image.thumb.jpeg.f384d73b7f8abb0f993d3b6bb66eb702.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.53985075683652f3d25c1cedc2cc8193.jpeg 

jonesboro D081A519-5723-4763-88BB-994118E6CE1E.thumb.jpeg.de35345e2b3e6a195973a1ad5814f995.jpeg9A15AF22-B1FB-43C5-B51D-250F9C3424FF.thumb.jpeg.99360b418c230f607ddc849bc6ae8f7e.jpeg

• Like 2

Preliminary rating EF3 I would expect that to be upgraded to an EF4? 

@Paul Sherman hi Paul just wanted to hear your thoughts on the Jonesboro tornado and also the Cookeville tornado a few weeks ago, do you agree that the Jonesboro tornado could have been an EF4 (similar to Tuscaloosa) and the Cookeville an EF5 given the damage? Also I appreciate how difficult it must be for the survey teams but what is your opinion on the EF rating system compared to the old F ratings I just think with so much categories that go into the ratings that possibly skews some of the ratings as discussed. 

Thanks in advance 🙂

Second the posting of pics and vids from various sources - cheers KW.  Regarding the rating, having glanced at several pics my first thoughts were that the intensity looked to be into the EF4 category through part of the lifespan.  The damage to some vehicles looked particularly bad, with trees being debarked.  Devastating either way. 

• Like 1