Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
    7 minutes ago, feb1991blizzard said:

I think they use propranalol for treating esophageal varices in end stage liver disease so they must be strong, just checked though and can't seem to get any online.

Perscription only, I got prescribed them once, but because of my fear of meds didn't take them lol, it was for panic attacks that I was having disappeared on there own once I got diagnosed with Ms, finally knew what was happening to me. 

• Like 3
    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 4.8k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wonder how significant this could be in the short term. Potentially a significant breakthrough if it works Coronavirus: New treatment for critically ill patients to begin as soon as next week

An appeal to people to remember you are reading posts from people you do not know, you do not know the background of and do not know their motivations - on a weather forum.  If there are concerns

Yes Matt , I opened my store at 5:45 this morning and left at 8pm this evening , I’m back at 5:45 and walking in to a shell of a shop with new deliveries coming , Having people tell me why I bother op

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
    9 minutes ago, feb1991blizzard said:

I think they use propranalol for treating esophageal varices in end stage liver disease so they must be strong, just checked though and can't seem to get any online.

They have many uses and the doctor told me they are generally very safe and free of side effects.

Dosing on them helps people with high blood pressure for a start. 

• Like 1
    3 minutes ago, DAVID SNOW said:

And retreat to your remote chateau within the foothills of the Pyrenees lol.

This did make me chuckle. Not for a personal or offensive dig or anything, just had an image of there being people all round the world in their remote mansions and chateau's, stocked up to the gunnels hoping to ride it out. Every time a servant coughs, they shoot them and hire another one.

• Like 2
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
    Just now, alexisj9 said:

Perscription only, I got prescribed them once, but because of my fear of meds didn't take them lol, it was for panic attacks that I was having disappeared on there own once I got diagnosed with Ms, finally knew what was happening to me. 

Yes i know they are prescription only but sometimes there are ways and means of getting round things if you know what i mean but can't see a way with those.

Posted
    1 minute ago, Bristle boy said:

Time probably got too close to Cheltenham to suddenly cancel it. If the Festival had been next week, then i suspect it would've been cancelled earlier this week. Plus, the current party in power unexpectedly held Cheltenham in the GE with a maj of less than 1000?

Yes. I actually don't totally subscribe to the theory that this was forced upon them. I do think there is a plan to slowly introduce the more dracoian rules over time, and with the laws coming in next week and sneak peak we've had, they are putting into law some quite extensive details which would in normal peace time make it look very much like a dictatorship. However this is not normal times.

• Like 4
    Posted
    Just now, emax said:

This did make me chuckle. Not for a personal or offensive dig or anything, just had an image of there being people all round the world in their remote mansions and chateau's, stocked up to the gunnels hoping to ride it out. Every time a servant coughs, they shoot them and hire another one.

Omg that really made me laugh ! 

Posted
    1 minute ago, CreweCold said:

They have many uses and the doctor told me they are generally very safe and free of side effects.

Dosing on them helps people with high blood pressure for a start. 

typical - sounds like just what i would enjoy at any point in time but can't get any - just my luck!

Posted

I wonder, while there is no cure, will there be drugs or trials doctors will be looking at that protect the lungs.

This virus heads for our lungs.

• Like 1
    Posted

Also, typical and just as we probably all expected, weather models showing a pretty significant cold plunge towards Europe in the 7-12 day period now, thats not what Europe needs. Although higher temperatures won't stop it, it will help reduce its staying power on surfaces, especially in strong sunlight on metal. However mother nature looks like its going to do that classic shoddy winter, shoddy Spring tactic!

I love having to put weather models, normally on this forum, models would have been enough for everyone to know what it meant!

• Like 4
    Posted

Anyway guys and gals, i'll just add what i added on a number of occasions in the now defunct politics thread; despite arguments, debates, people disagreeing, sometimes quite fiercely, the great thing about the UK is that despite our differences we'll always stand up after a row and say

"Right, who wants another drink?"

• Like 9
    Posted
    1 minute ago, Bristle boy said:

Anyway guys and gals, i'll just add what i added on a number of occasions in the now defunct politics thread; despite arguments, debates, people disagreeing, sometimes quite fiercely, the great thing about the UK is that despite our differences we'll always stand up after a row and say

"Right, who wants another drink?"

Already on my 5th can of very strong lager.

• Like 4
    Posted
    7 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

I wonder, while there is no cure, will there be drugs or trials doctors will be looking at that protect the lungs.

Remdesivir and Chloroquine. Also another Japanese one I forget what it’s called.

Posted
    1 minute ago, Azazel said:

Remdesivir and Chloroquine. Also another Japanese one I forget what it’s called.

Asahi 

• Like 3
    Posted
    8 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

The biggest threat is from your own immune system going haywire. It's this that needs to be stopped.

Whilst the virus will cause some damage to your lungs in its own right, the greatest danger by far is immune cells destroying your lungs.

• Like 1
    Posted
    Just now, Azazel said:

I read they’re trying to modify existing anti virals . Rather than trying to develop totally new ones which makes sense given the urgency .

• Like 3
    Posted
    Just now, CreweCold said:

The biggest threat is from your own immune system going haywire. It's this that needs to be stopped.

Whilst the virus will cause some damage to your lungs in its own right, the greatest danger by far is immune cells destroying your lungs.

cytokine storm, speculated to have been the driver that led to the 2nd wave of the Spanish Flu being so deadly. I hope any 2nd wave doesn't mutate like that, because suddenly I'm back into a high risk bracket!

• Like 2
    Posted
    2 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

I think most know my views re the B word. 

Whatever happens when this virus finally recedes I think many of us will view life from a different perspective.

Because we’ve never had this sort of experience before. And it shows how at mercy many things we take for granted can be upended by a virus .

For all the technologies available to us the world is struggling with this .

Been thinking along these lines, on and off, for most of today. We've taken for granted the ease of nipping to the pub, being able to shop for almost anything, the food and goods from all over the world just being dropped off at the ports, then transported to our local supermarkets. Why not hop on a plane to Vegas or just nip to the Med for the weekend.

Call our family or friends from anywhere in the world. Just get on the phone, tablet or laptop and have the world at our fingertips. On the playstation and interact with someone across the globe.

Basically, everything on tap. It was so easy, so satisfying.....then.....almost out of the blue.......

BANGGGGGG!!! WHOAH.......rethink time.

Now i know how it felt for my dad to get in the back garden bunker every eve back in the war.

Ok, exagerration, but u get my drift. Normal, easy life has been interrupted.

• Like 5

Regarding the apparent u turn on mass gatherings. Whatever the reason or decision making process, I think the way its happened is probably the preferable way. 

They got to see the feeling of the nation, and seeing as so many people were calling for events to be cancelled etc, it's almost like people will be relieved and happy for events to be cancelled. Whereas in a parallel universe, you can bet anything that people would complain that their event has been cancelled, and there's no need etc. 

• Like 3
    Posted
    7 minutes ago, kold weather said:

cytokine storm, speculated to have been the driver that led to the 2nd wave of the Spanish Flu being so deadly. I hope any 2nd wave doesn't mutate like that, because suddenly I'm back into a high risk bracket!

That's why I wondered whether any medication that effectively slows your metabolism down, lowers heart rate and blood pressure etc, would be useful in such an instance.

Has to be a reason why a stimulant like caffeine makes symptoms worse...I live on caffeine but my body doesn't want to know the stuff when i have a virus.

Edited by CreweCold
    • Like 2
    1 minute ago, CreweCold said:

That's why I wondered whether any medication that effectively slows your metabolism down, lowers heart rate and blood pressure etc, would be useful in such an instance.

I would have thought that if such a thing exists, it would or is being used in those cases requiring it. 

Posted
    2 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

Been thinking along these lines, on and off, for most of today. We've taken for granted the ease of nipping to the pub, being able to shop for almost anything, the food and goods from all over the world just being dropped off at the ports, then transported to our local supermarkets. Why not hop on a plane to Vegas or just nip to the Med for the weekend.

Call our family or friends from anywhere in the world. Just get on the phone, tablet or laptop and have the world at our fingertips. On the playstation and interact with someone across the globe.

Basically, everything on tap. It was so easy, so satisfying.....then.....almost out of the blue.......

BANGGGGGG!!! WHOAH.......rethink time.

Now i know how it felt for my dad to get in the back garden bunker every eve back in the war.

Ok, exagerration, but u get my drift. Normal, easy life has been interrupted.

Some great points BB .

Your last one is particularly poignant because some of those who are likely to suffer more than most are those who might still have childhood memories of that time . 

• Like 2
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, warm/hot plumes, snow, anything severe

• Like 1
    Posted

To be honest I’ve not seen much evidence of panic buying down here yet .

The only thing I couldn’t find was hand gel and the pharmacist just gave me an instruction leaflet and the ingredients and charged me over 30 euros for the pleasure! 

• Like 2