Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

COVID-19 Pandemic

Posted

I have not been impressed by EU and now this... we’re all in this together solidarity doesn’t seem like it. This outbreak will have much bigger lasting ripples. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.
35 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Hard to know, I suppose it is to keep the schools open when staffing collapses in the future. I legitimately think they are not going to close schools unless staffing makes it dangerous to keep the kids there. Its just not a part of their plan full stop. And this measure IMO proves it.

However glad they are FINALLY acknowledging that they need to ban gatherings, maybe WAY too late by that point, I think cases will explode next week in this country, as part of the curve.

We all know how quickly viruses can spread through schools and with the currant guidance, one or two cases in a school would turn into a full closure within days and most would need to self isolate shortly after the first couple pop up. This seemed to be the rationale from the French  government that simply keeping schools open would only last so long before the system collapses anyway forcing schools to shut regardless of policy from above.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

It’s amazing how quickly all these changes are coming , a few days back they seemed pretty happy with their decisions .

Have France cancelled theirs yet?.............

Posted
1 minute ago, Bristle boy said:

They've always said they'll move to it when necessary. Nothing new here. Move along.

Pathetic political point scoring

27 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Im led to believe there is a young chap mid 30s on ICU at the Royal Oldham hospital after testing positive.

He has no underlying health issues.

Source or any info? Was he there anyway, or solely there because of breathing problems due to COVID?

Posted
6 minutes ago, Wiltshire_snow_lover said:

That is a huge relief. The gloating this morning on social media when the slightest possibility the season would be voided was a joke.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

BNO Newsroom

@BNODesk·5m

NEW: Trump declares Sunday a National Day of Prayer amid coronavirus crisis, tweeting: "No matter where you may be, I encourage you to turn towards prayer in an act of faith. Together, we will easily PREVAIL!"

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Captain Shortwave said:

We all know how quickly viruses can spread through schools and with the currant guidance, one or two cases in a school would turn into a full closure within days and most would need to self isolate shortly after the first couple pop up. This seemed to be the rationale from the French  government that simply keeping schools open would only last so long before the system collapses anyway forcing schools to shut regardless of policy from above.

Most people I talked to here before the virus outbreak couldn’t stand the sight of Macron . In terms of the school shut down from my straw poll in the tabac they seemed okay with that and understood the need.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.
18 minutes ago, Bristle boy said:

They've always said they'll move to it when necessary. Nothing new here. Move along.

Yep... after Cheltenham....

In fairness, the same thing would have happened if Labour were in in charge, even with Corbyn at the helm. The backlash from the horse racing community would have been huge if the event was cancelled at what would have been the eleventh hour.

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, emax said:

Have France cancelled theirs yet?.............

No which is a bizarre decision . They should have delayed them . 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Just thinking out loud, I wonder what the effect of beta blockers would be on coronavirus. They act to block stress response, slow heart rate and drop blood pressure.

I'm asking because when I was taking them, they eased my cold symptoms 10 fold.

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, emax said:

Source or any info? Was he there anyway, or solely there because of breathing problems due to COVID?

Its from a nurse working at the hos..doctors holding an emergency meeting tonight apparently.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
1 minute ago, CreweCold said:

Just thinking out loud, I wonder what the effect of beta blockers would be on coronavirus. They act to block stress response, slow heart rate and drop blood pressure.

I wouldn't know but just in case - where can you get them from - anywhere on the internet? - forget my doctors - they never give me anything.

1 minute ago, nick sussex said:

Exactly. I think my overall point is that every nation's government will and have made bad decisions, depending on each persons point of view, its inevitable.

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

Most people I talked to here before the virus outbreak couldn’t stand the sight of Macron . In terms of the school shut down from my straw poll in the tabac they seemed okay with that and understood the need.

Aye i can understand some clubs want it voided but to rob us would be beyond farisical.. not like a few points

If cansel carling cup a 22 team peam more money for them clubs.. ect would be great 

Edited by Wiltshire_snow_lover

Posted
Just now, CreweCold said:

CC you really should not be taking matters into your own hands it could be dangerous . Sorry to sound preachy . 

Posted
Just now, feb1991blizzard said:

I wouldn't know but just in case - where can you get them from - anywhere on the internet? - forget my doctors - they never give me anything.

They're on prescription. Propranalol I took.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

CC you really should not be taking matters into your own hands it could be dangerous . Sorry to sound preachy . 

I'm on prescription for them nick. I have GAD. It was by taking them as a daily dose I noticed the effect on cold symptoms.

I had generally more energy and less of the overt symptoms I always get.

Edited by CreweCold
  • Like 1

Posted
24 minutes ago, DAVID SNOW said:

Your a teacher, stop shouting lol.

Sometimes it has to be done ;)

I'm much happier now there is a ban on large gatherings coming down the line, because whilst being outside may not in itself be a huge vector, people have to get there, and most will either drive, or get a bus, or take a train/tube, which I'd imagine are huge vectors for new infection by their nature of being enclosed. I think that is what the government might have overlooked.

I'm preparing for a very stressful few weeks after easter, if they stay open (I think they will upto the final few weeks at the peak) and fully expect very collapsed classes, especially for lower end secondary schools. Yr.11 will get priority due to possible exams (yet to know what is happening with these, which is fair enough) and some Yr.10, the rest will be collapsed to some extent, depending on how many kids don't make it in due to self-isolation, etc.

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, emax said:

Exactly. I think my overall point is that every nation's government will and have made bad decisions, depending on each persons point of view, its inevitable.

All governments I agree will make bad decisions at times. I’m happy to slate Macron on this one .

Posted
1 minute ago, nick sussex said:

Well stop jumping all over the UK government then, this virus seems to effect  the hard of thinking most.

Posted
11 minutes ago, Snowy L said:

That is a huge relief. The gloating this morning on social media when the slightest possibility the season would be voided was a joke.

I think you won't get any team other than maybe Man City denying them that, it was going to happen 100%.

Also I've been suggesting that a 22 team league next year makes a huge amount of sense, saves them from having the legal nightmare of relegating teams who in theory could have survived. Also allows teams who were highly likely to be promoted get that oppertunity.

• Like 1

Posted
2 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

The Simpsons do it again

received_669717187173406.thumb.jpeg.455b0f28dc311b98470bc7b5808c381e.jpeg

The Nostradamus of the Modern World!

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, kold weather said:

Sometimes it has to be done ;)

I'm much happier now there is a ban on large gatherings coming down the line, because whilst being outside may not in itself be a huge vector, people have to get there, and most will either drive, or get a bus, or take a train/tube, which I'd imagine are huge vectors for new infection by their nature of being enclosed. I think that is what the government might have overlooked.

I'm preparing for a very stressful few weeks after easter, if they stay open (I think they will upto the final few weeks at the peak) and fully expect very collapsed classes, especially for lower end secondary schools. Yr.11 will get priority due to possible exams (yet to know what is happening with these, which is fair enough) and some Yr.10, the rest will be collapsed to some extent, depending on how many kids don't make it in due to self-isolation, etc.

No, shouting achieves nothing, you should know this.

• Like 1