Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
  • Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wonder how significant this could be in the short term. Potentially a significant breakthrough if it works Coronavirus: New treatment for critically ill patients to begin as soon as next week

An appeal to people to remember you are reading posts from people you do not know, you do not know the background of and do not know their motivations - on a weather forum.  If there are concerns

Yes Matt , I opened my store at 5:45 this morning and left at 8pm this evening , I’m back at 5:45 and walking in to a shell of a shop with new deliveries coming , Having people tell me why I bother op

Posted Images

Posted
    1 hour ago, kold weather said:

Oh no I've developed a cough over the last couple of hours. I'm hoping its just an asthmatic cough that I do sometimes get when seasons are changing (I am somewhat prone in Spring in particular) however if it carries on much longer I may be into self isolation. We will see!

OH is exactly the same this evening. Took his antihistamine that usually controls it but didn't work. So on to the blue asthma inhaler which took a while to work but he's finally feeling better. As you say, allergies start to ramp up now. Hope you get better. 

Posted

Interesting comment from the Chief Scientific Advisor regarding risk factors for developing the more severe phase of this disease ARDS. Old age and co-morbidities are well known, but he also said there is evidence that initial dose of virus that you are exposed to is a risk factor. This would go some way to explaining why young healthcare workers have had a disproportionally higher amount of severe cases compared to the general population.

*this is just speculation from me so don't take it seriously* I think this also gives credence to the theory that ibuprofen can make the disease worse. If you're upregulating the receptor that the virus attaches to then that could mean you receive a higher dose of virus.

Edited by Snowy L
    • Like 1
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
    16 minutes ago, HighPressure said:

Really staggered to see this? This concert took place 48hrs ago in Cardiff by the 'stereophonics'

stereo.jpg

Just wow, I hope everyone was well, one hell of a cluster right there. Along with Cheltenham and anything else. 

• Like 2

It is realy difficult to have faith in UK government advice when only 5 days ago they recommended that people over 70 should avoid cruises !

Now they have U-turned and gone from 'Herd Immunity' to lockdown

Valuable days were wasted by there indecision

Most people knew Cheltenham should have been cancelled

In the previous briefing they used the excuse of the WHO decalaration of pandemic to change course

Valuable days were wasted and many of us will pay with our lives

• Like 1
    Posted

This panic buying is crazy. I can understand some of it with people perhaps working from home and maybe need loo rolls and food that would otherwise normally be at work but the excessive hoarding is rediculous.

• Like 2
    Guest Delete Me

NEW: Australia declares human biosecurity emergency, advises against all international travel, and bans non-essential gatherings with more than 100 people indoors

Posted
    8 minutes ago, SnowBear said:

This panic buying is crazy. I can understand some of it with people perhaps working from home and maybe need loo rolls and food that would otherwise normally be at work but the excessive hoarding is rediculous.

I have a relation working in transport at a large Tesco warehouse, he said the warehouse is  stacked with goods, it's just like Christmas, Its store managers to blame, it will lead to war time  rationing  of panic buying continues

• Like 2
    Posted

This country is going down the pan....morally...

think of others, your neighbours, the elderly, the vulnerable....

so many are just stockpiling and being greedy.... 

the mind boggles.... life is precious...commodities seem more so

stop buying everything so the rest can buy something When we go out once a week

tomorrow is another day.... think people think of others

• Like 3
    Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
    1 minute ago, clactongaz said:

I have a relation working in transport at a large Tesco warehouse, he said the warehouse is  stacked with goods, it's just like Christmas, Its store managers to blame, it will lead to war time  rationing  of panic buying continues

Most orders are made automatically at places like Tesco, I’m not sure why your blaming the store managers for customers behaving like they are retarded.

• Like 3
    Posted
    1 minute ago, summer blizzard said:

Most orders are made automatically at places like Tesco, I’m not sure why your blaming the store managers for customers behaving like they are retarded.

My local store is a co.op  and it's one pack per trolly, ..

• Like 1
    Posted

To lighten the mood I soon will be needing a kaftan . My healthier eating plan has derailed and I’ve decided to eat my way to happiness !

I just can’t be doing with worrying about my weight at this point in time !

• Like 5
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Hot and Sunny but not opressive
    3 minutes ago, clactongaz said:

?

Posted
    5 minutes ago, clactongaz said:

This will make you laugh , a gentleman today tried to purchase 102 beef and tomato pot noodles , I said he could have 2 , he didn’t buy any ?

• Like 7
    Posted

Wonderful offer of support from postal workers who have voted to become an extra emergency service . 

Helping with prescriptions , and keeping an eye on people who are vulnerable and who  might become isolated .

• Like 8
    Posted
    1 hour ago, kold weather said:

Quite possibly, if its still here tomorrow morning then it will be something else other than that asthma cough. For now that seems the most likely culprit though rather than coronavirus, the only thing giving me pause is I have had some contact with someone who has since displayed classic symptoms. 

Stay at home safest place and don`t watch the news every day.

This reminds me of foot and mouth disease in sheep back in 2001 we`ve got sheep starting lambing soon.

Neighbours animals were slaughtered in mid april 2001.

Edited by Snowyowl9
    Posted
    8 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

To lighten the mood I soon will be needing a kaftan . My healthier eating plan has derailed and I’ve decided to eat my way to happiness !

I just can’t be doing with worrying about my weight at this point in time !

Since the New Year i've stopped drinking anything alcoholic Monday to Wednesday inclusive. My wife and I were on a semi-health kick ahead of our planned 8 weeks in Fuerteventura. Now that's been canned, and after last night's bombshell Imperial College report, i was severely tempted this evening to ditch the early part of week abstention. However, i resisted. 

Edited by Bristle boy
    • Like 7
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
    45 minutes ago, Mark wheeler said:

Yes Matt , I opened my store at 5:45 this morning and left at 8pm this evening , I’m back at 5:45 and walking in to a shell of a shop with new deliveries coming , Having people tell me why I bother opening because I have no Loo roll or tins of beans etc has made my blood boil today , People asking for more checkouts to be opened these people should be grateful we are opening at all , we are near our limits and doing our best , at the same time we have home shopping to deal with , with companies like Deliveroo, I helped I man who was self isolating today and he was in tears when I helped him , whilst I put his shopping through 2 customers accused me of putting bread aside for myself , I was doing this for the self isolating and told them basically to Fu ck Off . Another fun day tomorrow.

Same in my place mate. Running ourselves into the ground for people who have zero respect or empathy for us. Sad thing is we'll get no recognition for it when all said and done, financial or otherwise.

All whilst those cushy office types sit on their arses at home on full pay, self isolating.

Edited by CreweCold
    • Like 7
    Guest Delete Me

Much respect for retail workers during this difficult period, don't get the recognition you guys deserve and you are literally working yourselves into the ground and being shouted at by rude customers.

Couple of Asda employee's were over the moon at 7.30am this morning as they were closing early to re-stock.

Considering the mammoth profits the supermarkets are going to make, i hope they value their staff

Posted
    3 minutes ago, CreweCold said:

Same in my place mate. Running ourselves into the ground for people who have zero respect or empathy for us. Sad thing is we'll get no recognition for it when all said and done, financial or otherwise.

It’s awful.... we both champion all our local shops and staff.... they’re all hard workers and very customer supportive ie vulnerable and on need... especially atm 

• Like 2
    Posted
    2 minutes ago, Paul Faulkner said:

Much respect for retail workers during this difficult period, don't get the recognition you guys deserve and you are literally working yourselves into the ground and being shouted at by rude customers.

Couple of Asda employee's were over the moon at 7.30am this morning as they were closing early to re-stock.

Considering the mammoth profits the supermarkets are going to make, i hope they value their staff

Funny world , A few retailers have some grovelling to do to their staff , They were supposed to cut management jobs and steam line due to a changing world , But eh now they really need them !!! . Not that it will matter but a few might use this time wisely to switch a go to a more responsible retailer should the prospect present itself . 

• Like 3