Sign in to follow this  
pip22

Storm Dennis Atlantic Storm 4

Still got strong gusty winds here but now the rain has started to come down heavy again, I don't think it will be easy getting to sleep tonight ?

Difficult to sleep here too. Usually benign Bedfordshire seems to have deteriorated in last hour. Wind has torn down more of my fencing and the gusts becoming quite scary with several loud bangs and crashes - not going out to look though! MetO have wind peaking at 03:00 so a few more hours of this. 

Started up here last hour wind wise. 

Edited by Frosty hollows

Feeling sorry for the poor guys who've been trying to load up their band gear for the past hour from O2 Academy. Their box of stage equipment just got blown down the road!

• Like 1

I wonder if we might just get clipped by this squall line.

6 minutes ago, Hirudine said:

I wonder if we might just get clipped by this squall line.

Defiantly heading this way, intensity dropping off on the line as it's heading east tho. Still should be some strong winds and driving rain as it passes through 

45 minutes ago, Hirudine said:

Feeling sorry for the poor guys who've been trying to load up their band gear for the past hour from O2 Academy. Their box of stage equipment just got blown down the road!

Ouch that could be expensive. 

Well I am in Nottingham and the last 4 hours have been quite biblical in terms of rainfall

loads of mini squalls and lines of convection dashing through

we are not far off an inch of rain in the last 4hrs 

I think there are going to be some places suffering severe flooding tomorrow ( or even at the moment )

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matthew Gill said:

Defiantly heading this way, intensity dropping off on the line as it's heading east tho. Still should be some strong winds and driving rain as it passes through 

You're right about the rain on that squall line - it hit us around an hour ago and brought some very heavy rain for a short time.  Winds weren't too bad though, not much stronger than what we'd been having since around 1am or so.

One other note about this weather - it's really warm at the moment.  I'm actually sweating with how clammy it feels.  Hopefully with that squall line blowin through it might herald a cooler airmass for us soon.

Edited by Mr TOAD
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, chopper66 said:

Pontypridd has been inundated, town center is flooding and water rising quickly.

I hope help comes quickly.

• Like 2

South Wales  RCT , South Powys  and Gwent valleys have been hit hard.

• Like 1

Squall line just about to hit Oxford then onto London.

Low at 926 how low did it get ?

Edited by Biggin
  • Like 1

Another squall-line forming off the North Wales coastline up into Lancashire currently, not much in the way of gales overnight but the rain has been relentless against the window.

• Like 1

Nothing too extreme for me. I'm wondering if I have missed the worst of it, as only the occasional gust seems to have any power. Still hoping for those GFS 60mph gusts, even though it's probably too late.

4 minutes ago, MetWeather said:

Thats mad. I can't believe it.

It’s very specific 

• Like 2

so i'm under a redwarning, 
- there is a picture on facebook about the floods in Pontypridd, they are reaching the windowsills of the properties along the river front..

weather wise, the rain is much colder now, I can see a small squall line forming over pembrokshire, these things are lethal since they are not moving laterally quickly enough
Another Squall line over North Wales looks very developed and quite severe , may'be it will form right the way to the South.. who knows.

Edited by ancientsolar
  • Like 2

Aircraft actually trying to land at Heathrow Most are aborting and going round.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, steveinsussex said:

It’s very specific 

Maybe it's to cover the high ground of South Wales. But the thing is all that rain is going to run down into other areas as well, so they may as well make it a bit bigger.

• Like 1

All the transatlantic flights struggling to land in the SE this morning, quite a few holding after aborting landings

• Like 1

The wind is howling here. It seems a lot worse than Storm Ciara last weekend. The rain seems to be getting heavier and we are still on Flood Alert.

• Like 1