Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

Storm Ciara - Atlantic storm 3

Here just north of Bristol I've been woken up by the wind sounding like a train outside. With the wind meant to gradually pick up for the next twelve hours here it's going to be a very interesting day. Stay safe people.

• Like 2
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A surfer missing in Sussex has been found alive. Great. Now they can send the moron a bill for the callout for his stupidity.  

You wont be lurking much longer if you are up on a roof tommorow 

Even doors are getting windy ?  

Posted Images

Just now, John88B said:

Here just north of Bristol I've been woken up by the wind sounding like a train outside. With the wind meant to gradually pick up for the next twelve hours here it's going to be a very interesting day. Stay safe people.

Surely John I would hope that any sporting events still on will now be cancelled. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, cheese said:

Not particularly windy here to be honest. It was much windier early.

Yeah same, I assume it will get going again as the morning goes on and the front/squall approaches. Had some very heavy rain though. 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Sidsnake said:

Surely John I would hope that any sporting events still on will now be cancelled. 

I would have thought so. Obviously safety has to be taken into account but also the quality of the game. Rugby, football etc being played in a howling gale becomes a bit of a farce. You only had to watch Scotland v England in the rugby yesterday to see that and that not being in the worst of the winds.

Edited by John88B
  • Like 2

Wind is decreasing now here northwest England. Packed a few gusts of circa 45mph overnight.. Currently about 35mph. About 9am it will increase to around 50mph before decreasing gradually during the day. The rain is a bigger story here, quite heavy for a south-westerly 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, MetWeather said:

Wow! Here it is still pretty quiet and honestly i'm now having my doubts.

I think the winds will gradually pick up all day in the London area and peek later so plenty of time to go. Really blowing here now in the Bristol area and not meant to peek here until 6pm.

Edited by John88B
4 minutes ago, MetWeather said:

Wow! Here it is still pretty quiet and honestly i'm now having my doubts.

Im not overly far from you here and its starting to roar outside every now and again... Although I am pretty exposed to westerly and south westerly winds.. For some reason I can record 10mph above most local stations apart from the ones in Ascot and Sunningdale 

• Like 1