Cold?
IGNORED

Novel Coronavirus – China

Snipper

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Another way of looking at the UK figures is that only 6.7 people out of a million have it. That's what we know off. So your chances of getting it are still fairly remote.

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, Ross90 said:

You can only sustain what Italy are doing for a few weeks, a month max.If you go too early you might need to keep the country in lockdown for 2/3 months... if that happened here the economy would lose billions, possibly going into recession not to mention the longer it goes on the more likely there would be increasing public disorder. 

I don't care if the economy loses billions, i care more about as many people surviving this pandemic as possible.

I just watched two physicians in Italy on SKY news and it sounds like something out of an extreme horror movie.

We got to act now, and i mean stopping public transport and mass gatherings as a starter.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms

2281 cases now in France and 48 deaths. Not a good day...

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

BBC London news saying the capital could face restrictions within a few weeks.

Probably a bit too late by then!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

I don't care if the economy loses billions, i care more about as many people surviving this pandemic as possible.

You may not, but plenty of others do, as it would affect far far more people in a more detrimental way than this virus will/could. 

Thats not to say that such measures wont or shouldnt come, but it still is a matter of timing, so as to reduce the impact on EVERYONE.

Edited by emax
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes
2 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

I just watched two physicians in Italy on SKY news and it sounds like something out of an extreme horror movie.

We got to act now, and i mean stopping public transport and mass gatherings as a starter.

Completely agree. I would rather face financial ruin than the loss of friends and relatives.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: windy
4 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

The millions of people who could lose their jobs, be forced into poverty do... 

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, Ross90 said:

I've lived my life in relative poverty, it really isn't that scary when you've never had money in the first place. Certainly nowhere near as bad as death...

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes
3 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

7th death announced in England

Yes in there 70s with underlying issues

• Like 1

Posted
4 minutes ago, Spikecollie said:

2281 cases now in France and 48 deaths. Not a good day...

Just looked where you live.  Next time I pass through I will wave hi!  vaguely in your direction as I pass through..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms
1 minute ago, Snipper said:

Just looked where you live.  Next time I pass through I will wave hi!  vaguely in your direction as I pass through..

Better still, PM if you're passing and you can drop in and say hello!

Posted

Madrid currently has over 1000 confirmed cases nearly half of Spain’s total and the powers that be  decided that Liverpool v Athletico Madrid should go ahead as normal!

• Like 5

Posted
Just now, nick sussex said:

Madrid currently has over 1000 confirmed cases nearly half of Spain’s total and the powers that be  decided that Liverpool v Athletico Madrid should go ahead as normal!

It's crazy.

The death that is going to occur because of this virus is so hard to digest, yet we still have governments sat on their hands. It is their job to prevent UNNECESSARY deaths...

• Like 6

Posted
6 minutes ago, Ross90 said:

So the government isn’t trying to do anything?  What is your budget given the chance?

• Like 1

Posted

The gov have a difficult balancing act.It might sound uncaring but they have to put the needs of the many above the needs of a few.If a million people lose their jobs how damaging is that compared to 1000 people dying... nobody can really answer that.Obviously those in the more vulnerable groups or with relatives in that group will feel like it's worth the potential long term damage to the economy to just go for it now but there's no guarantee that copying Italy would even make much difference at this stage.

• Like 1

Posted
5 minutes ago, Spikecollie said:

Better still, PM if you're passing and you can drop in and say hello!

I’d probably be more of a disappointment than I am on here.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Snipper said:

So the government isn’t trying to do anything?  What is your budget given the chance?

The Gov are doing what they should be doing at this stage in my opinion, quite a few think they're not going far enough.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Ross90 said:

The gov have a difficult balancing act.It might sound uncaring but they have to put the needs of the many above the needs of a few.If a million people lose their jobs how damaging is that compared to 1000 people dying... nobody can really answer that.Obviously those in the more vulnerable groups or with relatives in that group will feel like it's worth the potential long term damage to the economy to just go for it now but there's no guarantee that copying Italy would even make much difference at this stage.

I don’t think banning away supporters from a very high risk area is going to cause a lot of problems .

• Like 2