Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Novel Coronavirus – China

Snipper

Posted
_111222432_ons.jpg
WWW.BBC.CO.UK

Police officer and a worker at the Office for National Statistics are among those to test positive.

7 cases linked to first one on my area....time to bunker down me thinks

• Like 1

Posted
Just now, kold weather said:

I think they are probably scared over what yesterday did to their numbers, they don't want to have to fact it, but history will look upon them unkindly if they don't accept the biggest challenge of all. What a time to have such an useless government...

Sweden up 122 cases and Switzerland up 155 cases...we really have been damn lucky with our increase of just 80 or so since yesterday!

Can you imagine Johnson standing up at this moment and saying by the way you know that department in the NHS which is helping  to co ordinate the fight against the virus well it’s going to have a funding cut ! 

• Like 3

Guest Delete Me

Some more info coming out of Iran from an audio file between two doctors in Golestan Sayyad Hospital:

• The situation is beyond crisis and surreal 
  • 15-20 deaths everyday 
  • Cases come in with non-specific symptoms and a bit of fever and no hypoxia. You look at CT or X-ray lungs are heavily affected 
  • Most cases die within 24 hours after low O2 saturation appears
  • Most patients dead have no pre-existing condition 
  • All doctors just working on #COVID19 flat out. even psychiatrists.
  • Morgue full
  • He has seen more than 1000 patients so far
  • Patient within 72-96 just becomes critical and then dies
  • He says they cannot figure out why some just go to ARDS (Acute respiratory distress syndrome) 
  • The only solution is COMPLETE LOCKDOWN

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

D'ya know? when Nasally swabbed most folk tested positive for MRSA?.........you know? that 'antibiotic' resistant little beggar.......living in that sweet spot where Covid-19 likes to multiply......

I'm still with the Coronavirus Prof from the U.S.A. and his take on 'personal hygiene precautions' over this outbreak....might just hammer my MRSA as a bit of 'collateral' an'all.......

EDIT: Thinking on it it would make I.D.S.'s  'In House Snack of Choice' a lot healthier were he to follow my lead?

Edited by Gray-Wolf

Posted
3 hours ago, Dami said:

Well it's doing a mighty fine job of showing what a bunch of arceholes the human race really are!

Now I get why loo roll has flown off shelves.

• Like 5

Posted

Spain total now upto 2182, an increase of nearly 500 again today, roughly in line with the increases seen in Italy around this time last week.

Paul - that is very worrying, it sounds like they are totally at breaking point, and I don't think they will be the only ones. I think this maybe one of those world crisis' that makes us re-evaluate how we prepare for such events and fund health services, in much the same way WW2 shifted the global ideas in many areas. Its got all the hallmarks of one of the most severe pandemics seen, at least in terms of absolute numbers.

I was thinking until recently the Hong Kong infection was a good reference point with its 1 million deaths..but I'm starting to fear that may run too low, the only upshot is its March and not December right now and the weather will turn in our favour soon, at least in the northern hemisphere.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny

It's becoming clear that the situation in Iran is much worse than they're reporting, with many exported cases and videos circulating of body bags lying around.

• Like 2

Posted
9 minutes ago, kold weather said:

I think they are probably scared over what yesterday did to their numbers, they don't want to have to fact it, but history will look upon them unkindly if they don't accept the biggest challenge of all. What a time to have such an useless government...

Sweden up 122 cases and Switzerland up 155 cases...we really have been damn lucky with our increase of just 80 or so since yesterday!

I feel like we are seeing yet another step up from where we are globally today, so many places recording increases in the high 00s and 000s today.

Nothing to do with luck just not testing anywhere near enough people. 

• Like 2

Guest Delete Me
1 minute ago, kold weather said:

Spain total now upto 2182, an increase of nearly 500 again today, roughly in line with the increases seen in Italy around this time last week.

Paul - that is very worrying, it sounds like they are totally at breaking point, and I don't think they will be the only ones. I think this maybe one of those world crisis' that makes us re-evaluate how we prepare for such events and fund health services, in much the same way WW2 shifted the global ideas in many areas. Its got all the hallmarks of one of the most severe pandemics seen, at least in terms of absolute numbers.

I was thinking until recently the Hong Kong infection was a good reference point with its 1 million deaths..but I'm starting to fear that may run too low, the only upshot is its March and not December right now and the weather will turn in our favour soon, at least in the northern hemisphere.

Just now, Stabilo19 said:

It's becoming clear that the situation in Iran is much worse than they're reporting, with many exported cases and videos circulating of body bags lying around.

You guys need to follow https://twitter.com/aliostad for Iran updates, its pretty shocking tbh

Posted

WHO finally admit what has been clearly the case for at least the last week, that this is now officially a pandemic.

I think given the rapid escalation in many different countries across the world, that is pretty clear is the case.

• Like 2

Posted

Another update from our headteacher, he's asked for us to sort out packs of work to be sent home for each pupil and for those to be ready by next Friday. 

• Like 6

Guest Delete Me
Just now, Mark88 said:

Another update from our headteacher, he's asked for us to sort out packs of work to be sent home for each pupil and for those to be ready by next Friday. 

Yep next Friday is what I'm hearing too mate, google classroom for us.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Mark88 said:

We've been asked something similar and to be ready to collapse classes if the widespread sickness in staffing starts before then. I think there is a growing acknowledgement that they aren't going to be able to see it out until Easter and it may require an early breakup. How they replace those days is the question and how long it lasts is vital, especially for those sitting exams this year. 

Edited by kold weather
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

The NHS have issued an apology after incorrectly saying Darlington had a positive Coronavirus case yesterday it was in fact in County Durham.

The wrong info was blamed on an 'Admin error.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny
3 minutes ago, Paul Faulkner said:

You guys need to follow https://twitter.com/aliostad for Iran updates, its pretty shocking tbh

V. interesting.

With China & Iran as two key examples of coronavirus epidemics, it's concerning that both countries have almost certainly concealed the true # of infected/deaths. It leaves the rest of the world unprepared and vulnerable, and Italy is getting a taste of this, but soon to spread probably.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, plumes, snow, severe weather

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
4 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

The NHS have issued an apology after incorrectly saying Darlington had a positive Coronavirus case yesterday it was in fact in County Durham.

The wrong info was blamed on an 'Admin error.

And, in the meantime, Darlington's supermarkets have completely sold out of loo rolls!

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Zak M said:

Exactly, this is literally in the first part of this, the next 4-8 weeks will be very rough indeed and we will probably see quite a large amount of deaths as health services will start to struggle.

• Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, Donegal said:

The Chinese government have some nerve

Speaking Friday, Wang Zhonglin, party chief of Wuhan, the virus-hit capital of Hubei province, said that people in the city -- much of which remains on lockdown -- were not appreciative enough.

It is necessary, Wang reportedly said, "to carry out gratitude education among the citizens of the whole city, so that they thank (President Xi Jinping), thank the Chinese Communist Party, heed the party, walk with the party, and create strong positive energy."

What guff ! Positive energy . And gratitude education is that a new term for re education camps ! If you don’t have a picture of Xi in your house you get carted away.

• Like 2

Posted
36 minutes ago, D.V.R said:

I'm late to the discussion so apologies if this has already been pointed out.

I found this interesting article online and would like to highlight the bit that stood out for me.

Please read the article and see what you think.

WWW.MSN.COM

Plagues – or, to use a more modern term, epidemics of infectious disease – pluck at our most primal fears. 

Another major difference between the 1918 flu and Covid-19 is that the flu mainly affected those aged between 20 and 40, while Covid-19 mainly affects those over 60. The British virologist and flu historian John Oxford, of Queen Mary University of London, calls Covid-19 “a pale reflection of 1918 where 200,000 [Britons] died quietly at home and most of them were young”. Indeed, one of the reasons the 1918 flu was so devastating was because it purged communities of their breadwinners – at a time when there wasn’t much of a social welfare safety net to catch those left behind.

I don't usually believe in conspiracies but I have an open mind to most things and this part got me.

It's quite concerning to think that it is good possibility that most of us could lose our parents or gran parents if this isn't brought under control or they find a vaccine soon.

This is a comment from a contributor in the comments section and I kind of agree with him/her.

Sky BlueLeader

However, our own government's reluctance to take the same measures, and its refusal to recognise the mistakes made by Italy (second highest ageing population after Japan), which has now been forced to adopt similarly drastic measures, seems to suggest a potentially disastrous outcome in this country given that our already overburdened and underfunded NHS is unlikely to be able to cope, resulting in the deaths of a great many old but clearly seen as expendable people.

Hmm...as most of the UK's wealth is held by the over 50s, who still contribute £BNs to the Chancellor's coffers through taxes, which in turn helps fund the NHS and the Welfare State, i somehow think the contributor is talking absolute rubbish. 

Turn off the revenue taps and you'll see a huge revenue shortfall.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

this might have been posted already if so feel free to delete...

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
10 minutes ago, General Cluster said:

And, in the meantime, Darlington's supermarkets have completely sold out of loo rolls!

Couldn't even get any soap in Lidl last week!

• Like 2