Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Novel Coronavirus – China

Snipper

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
5 minutes ago, emax said:

AH, so its just non essential travel then? So all business etc can carry on as normal? 

Well to be honest i don't see in this day and age why AGM's etc need to be attended in person, with the technological advances, i just think a lot of people go abroad for business meetings for a jolly up as a way of spending the money without getting taxed on it.

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, feb1991blizzard said:

You must think i have fell off a christmas tree if you think an illness as contagious as this has only infected the number of people they say it has.

At what point was the world aware it was confirmed as being so virulent?

Edited by Snipper

Posted
Just now, Snipper said:

At what point was it confirmed as being so virulent?

Predicted by a lot of people on this forum about 6 weeks ago.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, feb1991blizzard said:

You must think i have fell off a christmas tree if you think an illness as contagious as this has only infected the number of people they say it has.

Well firstly, they can only report the numbers they know about. Secondly, with social media as it is, there would be THOUSANDS of people sharing these hidden cases, which they arent.

And thirdly, you're just assuming that everyone is covering it up. What would be the benefit? It would be a worse outcome in the end. Seeing as you're so adamant about cases numbers, perhaps you'd feel happier in Iran??

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, emax said:

Well firstly, they can only report the numbers they know about. Secondly, with social media as it is, there would be THOUSANDS of people sharing these hidden cases, which they arent.

And thirdly, you're just assuming that everyone is covering it up. What would be the benefit? It would be a worse outcome in the end. Seeing as you're so adamant about cases numbers, perhaps you'd feel happier in Iran??

Nope i would feel happier in Britain but with no free movement of people from and to, like i would anyway regardless of coronavirus

Posted
2 hours ago, feb1991blizzard said:

Predicted by a lot of people on this forum about 6 weeks ago.

Predicted but not confirmed.

Edited by Blessed Weather

Posted
4 minutes ago, feb1991blizzard said:

Nope i would feel happier in Britain but with no free movement of people from and to, like i would anyway regardless of coronavirus

What like North Korea?

4 minutes ago, feb1991blizzard said:

Free movement is different to lockdown.

I agree we shouldnt have free movement of people in the EU sense of the word. But to ban ALL travel into and out of the country, for what would need to be at least 6 months, is just not practical!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

Ok everyone. Things getting a bit personal and a lot of opinions framed at stats or facts.

Let's, as best we can, try stick to the data and keep level heads. Outlandish statements with nothing but opinion to back them up ain't helping anyone.

• Like 8

Posted
Just now, BornFromTheVoid said:

Ok everyone. Things getting a bit personal and a lot of opinions framed at stats or facts.

Let's, as best we can, try stick to the data and keep level heads. Outlandish statements with nothing but opinion to back them up ain't helping anyone.

Thanks for the very timely intervention. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
25 minutes ago, Ryukai said:

They were posted on here after the post you quoted.  aka an hour ago  

Yeah I know I've already hid my post, just not quick enough, had to get on my bus. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any kind of extremes. But the more snow the better.

I think it's a bold statement to say millions and millions will die from this virus! How many died in a massively populated China! Yes it's still early days, but I can't see it being a rival for Spanish flu.... 500 million infected with 20-50 million deaths. The horrible pandemic known as black death brought 75-200 million deaths between 1347 and 1351.And just to bring you some of the latest stats regarding this virus.. 

Coronavirus cases... 92,332.

Deaths....3,137

Recovered...48,458.

Active cases.. 40,737 currently Infected patients. 

33,639..80% in mild condition. 

7,098..17% serious or critical. 

Closed cases.. 51,595..cases which had an outcome. 

48,458..94% recovered/discharged. 

3,137...6% deaths. 

Info courtesy of worldometer. Info. 

Edited by Mattwolves
  • Like 3

Posted
1 minute ago, Mattwolves said:

I think it's a bold statement to say millions and millions will die from this virus! How many died in a massively populated China! Yes it's still early days, but I can't see it being a rival for Spanish flu.... 500 million infected with 20-50 million deaths. The horrible pandemic known as black death brought 75-200 million deaths between 1347 and 1351.And just to bring you some of the latest stats regarding this virus.. 

Deaths....3,137

Recovered...48,458.

3,137...6% deaths. 

But the graph is constantly on an upward curve - this is around 3 months minimum from peaking - possibly even years.

Posted

2,000 surgical masks have been stolen from a hospital in Marseille .

I find that appalling . Those were intended for nurses and doctors and there’s already a shortage .

• Like 6

Posted
Just now, nick sussex said:

2,000 surgical masks have been stolen from a hospital in Marseille .

I find that appalling . Those were intended for nurses and doctors and there’s already a shortage .

Yes, i would actually find it quite funny in the sense that the lengths some low life will go to to make very modest amounts of money, but this is so serious it is no laughing matter.

• Like 5

Posted
2 minutes ago, Mattwolves said:

Deaths....3,137

Recovered...48,458.

3,137...6% deaths. 

Yes, this thread's been there and gone there for weeks, reference multiple stats and previous posts.

The jury's out as to how the virus will develop.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
13 minutes ago, Donegal said:

Looks like they're testing far more people now.

Numbers have gone up by 126 since yesterday.

• Like 1

Posted
3 hours ago, nick sussex said:

Does the amount of the virus you’re exposed to effect whether you’ll get it or will a tiny amount still multiply sufficiently.

As for panic buying it sort of feeds itself . Those who weren’t going to see the shelves emptying and then think oh perhaps I’d better get a few extra essentials in .

And so the whole thing spirals ! 

Reports from china have attributed the deaths of medical staff to the possibility of high initial exposure, not sure if there is a minimal exposure to actually become ill. 

In regards to the deaths, i'm not sure as to why a higher initial exposure may lead to a poorer outcome. There are multiple mechanisms through which antibodies work, so with my very limited knowledge i could not say why a high initial viral load will 7-10 days later mean the patient becomes seriously unwell. I do wonder with the medics if secondary infections may be involved, working in an overwhelmed hospital must mean there are plenty of other bugs that could have been picked up?

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any kind of extremes. But the more snow the better.
1 minute ago, feb1991blizzard said:

But the graph is constantly on an upward curve - this is around 3 months minimum from peaking - possibly even years.

Could it be possible that it peaks close to summer, before dying away, and perhaps emerging come next Winter!  I feel Feb with all the appropriate protocol in place.. Ie.. Travel restrictions and correct hygiene we can keep this from becoming devastating!! Yes it may well become very serious, but I'm far from convinced it will become known as the most notorious virus that ever occurred to the human race!! Also consider that we may well have a vaccination programme in place Inside the next 12 months.. I just hope and prey that we can keep it in check prior to this. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I think the thing that worries me most is major sporting events, especially football: Old Trafford, The Emirates Stadium, Tottenham Hotspur Stadium et. al. each house upwards of 50,000 people, many of whom travel on crowded trains...So it would only require one asymptomatic 'spreader' to potentially infect thousands...:unsure2:

• Like 2

Posted

From the Gurniaad

"The UN health agency voiced concern that the masks and other protective equipment used by health workers was running out amid panic buying and manipulation of markets.

“We are concerned that countries’ abilities to respond are being compromised by the severe and increasing disruption to the global supply of personal protective equipment ... caused by rising demand, hoarding and misuse,” the head of the World Health Organization (WHO), Tedros Adhanom, said."

Humans - nowt more than a bunch a dumb apes.

• Like 3

Posted
3 minutes ago, General Cluster said:

I think the thing that worries me most is major sporting events, especially football: Old Trafford, The Emirates Stadium, Tottenham Hotspur Stadium et. al. each house upwards of 50,000 people, many of whom travel on crowded trains...So it would only require one asymptomatic 'spreader' to potentially infect thousands...:unsure2:

Exactly - people just are not taking this seriously enough.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny with night time t-storms
33 minutes ago, feb1991blizzard said:

Hearing of how the previous nights Don Pom or Cristal drinking contests went.

You clearly had a totally different experience of business travel to mine. My trips were always designed and executed to make a contribution to knowledge, society and the wider global economy - and I damn well hope I made a contribution and that itcontinued in all spheres of business activity by people with a strong sense of ethics and a disposition to the greater good.

Posted

Liverpool fans out there can breathe a sigh of relief .

Even if the government bans large gatherings it looks like the matches will be completed behind closed doors .

• Like 2