Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Novel Coronavirus – China

Snipper

Posted
Just now, Beverley Lass said:

Ireland's Varadkar says from 6pm today schools and colleges closing from tomorrow, mass gatherings above 100 banned

Meanwhile 30k people crammed together like sardines at chelt..

I hope any journalists at press conference later ask why!!!

• Like 1

Posted
3 minutes ago, Beverley Lass said:

Ireland's Varadkar says from 6pm tomorrow schools and colleges closing , mass gatherings above 100 banned

And how many Irish punters at Cheltenham today and tomorrow?

• Like 2

Posted

A little bit more from ireland.

BREAKING: Ireland going into lockdown until March 29. Taoiseach Varadkar orders schools & colleges to close, outdoor gatherings over 500 & indoor over 100 to be cancelled, urges people to work from home

Edited by weirpig
  • Like 7

Posted

Some rather troubling news from Germany re symptoms .

Apparently in cases there people didn’t just exhibit the fever and or dry cough but also 32% had a runny or blocked nose .

This seems to fly in the face of what many countries are using as the key indicators. 

The Robert Koch institute also said younger people aren’t taking the virus seriously.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms and anything extreme.

BBC News - Coronavirus: Schools and colleges to close in Republic of Ireland
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-51850811

Posted
1 minute ago, weirpig said:

BREAKING: Ireland going into lockdown until March 29. Taoiseach Varadkar orders schools & colleges to close, outdoor gatherings over 500 & indoor over 100 to be cancelled, urges people to work from home.

Ireland looks to be following other EU countries  their advice is clearly very different what our Gov is getting.

There must be intense pressure on our chief medical now..

• Like 1

Posted
6 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

I wonder if WHO were referring to the UK with the dig about not doing enough yesterday..

Doubt it.  Iran, Turkey (1 case?), are probably the ones in their sights, possibly the US also.

Posted
2 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

Some rather troubling news from Germany re symptoms .

Apparently in cases there people didn’t just exhibit the fever and or dry cough but also 32% had a runny or blocked nose .

This seems to fly in the face of what many countries are using as the key indicators. 

The Robert Koch institute also said younger people aren’t taking the virus seriously.

I assume it is quite possible to have the virus and a cold, which would affect symptoms 

• Like 3

Guest Delete Me
2 minutes ago, swebby said:

Doubt it.  Iran, Turkey (1 case?), are probably the ones in their sights, possibly the US also.

It was a sly backhanded dig at the US and partly the UK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
59 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

Express at it again...

I'm not happy, in fact I'm quite sad so I guess now everyone I speak to will believe this nonsense. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy snow and ice days
3 hours ago, nick sussex said:

Apparently Tom Hanks and his wife Rita Wilson are infected .

On a side issue I thoroughly recommend the film Sully in which he stars as the captain of that plane that landed on the Hudson River in New York .

As it’s on Netflix France I’d expect you’ll have it in the UK one .

I expect, those of that have Netflix, may be having the time to get through a lot of its content over the coming weeks!

• Like 3

Posted
3 minutes ago, Snipper said:

People should be doing what they think is right.  Both from information and gut feeling.

Good Point   Myslef i have to my knowledge no elderly relatives   although that does not mean i dont come into contact with anyone elderly  so does my son.  Tricky one at the moment with no real clarity 

Edited by weirpig

Posted
7 minutes ago, weirpig said:

BREAKING: Ireland going into lockdown until March 29. Taoiseach Varadkar orders schools & colleges to close, outdoor gatherings over 500 & indoor over 100 to be cancelled, urges people to work from home

Wow thats actually more drastic than I expected from them, but I think its definitely needed.

We MUST do something similar to this if we are not going to sleepwalk into a disaster. Sounds very reasonable measures for the crisis we have.

If I were at the COBRA meeting, I'd have to ask why is every country putting in similar measures and we are stubbornly not doing so?

Edited by kold weather
  • Like 3

Posted
Just now, Snipper said:

I assume it is quite possible to have the virus and a cold, which would affect symptoms 

But what are the odds of 32% cases getting the virus and cold at the same time . Or one before or after .

• Like 1

Posted
42 minutes ago, weirpig said:

What a year so far its  been   Constant talk of wars.  Fires raging over Austrailia    Floods,  Plague of locusts in Africa.   A asteroid to skim the earth in April  and a pandemic    Jeez 

And no Snow!

• Like 5

Posted
8 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Ireland looks to be following other EU countries  their advice is clearly very different what our Gov is getting.

There must be intense pressure on our chief medical now..

I think it might get the point where people won't believe what they are saying if all the other countries start to do the same measures as they are. At some point you run the real risk of losing the populations trust, which at this time is massively vital because they can't understand why everyone else is doing something different.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy
11 hours ago, alexisj9 said:

So it is air born, great. 

As noted upthread (still to be released from yesterday?) the study released in Tuesday showed spread up to 4.5m away?

In closed spaces, with atomised particulates constantly renewed, I think you have to treat Covid-19 as 'airborne'?

This is why the 'alcohol mouthwash gargle' and attending to 'upper nostrils/junction where nose joins throat' is essential when you've been around such confined conditions?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
53 minutes ago, northwestsnow said:

Apparently i read on bbc that the mayor of an Italian cityvin the north is suggesting they are winning, perhaps a lockdown is the only way ??

To early to know, the infection rate after 14days will be more telling, now perhaps numbers have fallen a bit naturally perhaps. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, dry & sunny
7 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

But what are the odds of 32% cases getting the virus and cold at the same time . Or one before or after .

Quite low odd I imagine. If someone contracted a cold virus and then the coronavirus, they would be weaker than normal and more susceptible to severe symptoms: pneumonia etc.

• Like 1

Posted

Twitter Somes up perfectly  the UK stance on the virus  

"I'm pleased and happy to repeat the news that we have, in fact, caught and killed a large predator that supposedly injured some bathers. But, as you see, it's a beautiful day, the beaches are open and people are having a wonderful time.

image.thumb.png.510ec60618f7dda114d399a14aecbd7d.png

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any kind of extremes. But the more snow the better.

I was pretty amazed by that president Trump status last night, and how they are doing all they can to protect all there citizens from this outbreak! I'm pretty sure they've forgotten about there many homeless who do not Recieve medical help  or access to testing in all this! He should think about this before soley blaming Europe for the way it's got out of hand! 

Another thought from me is that over the last few days, I've noticed how increasingly anxious the shop cashiers are getting with having to deal with hundreds and thousands of people close up every day. One earlier today pointed out how she was a nervous wreck with all the money she is having to handle on a daily basis! These people deserve credit, because basically they are serving us food and putting therselves at risk for a pittence! I'm aware not all stores have self serving facilities, but I would think now is as good a time as ever to spend more time using them.... That's if its at all possible to do so... These are worrying times and there are some folks out there who are being put at a much higher risk regarding this virus! I'm also aware there are many on here who are also dealing with multiple clients everyday and are now becoming increasingly anxious.... You have my sympathy in all of this, and before much longer, you could be forced into making the decision of putting health before wealth! Keep safe. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy and thundery.
5 minutes ago, Snipper said:

Anyone had a chance to look on a weather thread to check?

yeah i think some up north got some. I got some rain. 

• Like 2