Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Novel Coronavirus – China

Snipper

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

Use your common sense and dont go.

Political expedience or personal health????

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow
9 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

Apparently Tom Hanks and his wife Rita Wilson are infected .

On a side issue I thoroughly recommend the film Sully in which he stars as the captain of that plane that landed on the Hudson River in New York .

As it’s on Netflix France I’d expect you’ll have it in the UK one .

It will also remind you of that flying thing we used to do....

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow and Hot Sun
3 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Use your common sense and dont go.

Political expedience or personal health????

No I’m not going to. I’ve no idea what political expedience means though lol 

Posted
1 minute ago, matty40s said:

It will also remind you of that flying thing we used to do....

I hate flying so it was rather traumatic watching it but braved it because I’m fascinated by that incident . Tom Hanks is brilliant in it , it’s also incredibly heart warming especially at the end and given the state of the world we certainly need that!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
10 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

Perhaps Trump thinks the UK is doing something at airports re checks in which case he’d be mistaken ! In terms of cases relatively speaking the UK is in a better position but isn’t running that many tests and isn’t testing anyone yet who has no link with another case or not been to a high risk area . The NHS is supposed to be increasing the number of tests but not sure when .

Just read that US citizens aren't affected by the ban. What nonsense!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.
18 minutes ago, Zak M said:

E78CB192-B2BD-4E92-95B5-E5675297EC4E.png

And in any case its a very risky strategy - it does affect young people and how stupid would you be if you ended up with it if it was avoidable after being bravo about it not being bad, and ended up with respiratory problems for the rest of their life - this is the point that needs to be drummed home about it being like playing russian roulette, it isn't like flu at all, 20% of cases end up seriously ill, 20% of people with flu do not end up seriously ill, and that includes some of the more serious strains.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Misty Autumn Mornings, Thunderstorms and snow

So I went to local football match last night over at Millbrook in SE Cornwall. Given it was rush hour the Torpoint ferry was noticeably quieter than normal. Good match even if my team Saltash lost. 

However people in the crowd (around 100) were definitely keeping more of a distance than normal and then talk was more on if the season here gets stopped. I'm going to be much more mindful going forward, I wont be going to certain grounds if this hits (Falmouth comes to mind) if you're forced into a big stand. 

Scary times....

Posted
43 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

Apparently Tom Hanks and his wife Rita Wilson are infected .

On a side issue I thoroughly recommend the film Sully in which he stars as the captain of that plane that landed on the Hudson River in New York .

As it’s on Netflix France I’d expect you’ll have it in the UK one .

Most Tom Hanks films are good.

My son says he one of the nicest personalities he has had dealings with 

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

I will be attending the Rangers vs Bayer Leverkusen game tonight. (Forty nine/fifty thousand fans in attendance)

One/Two thousand German fans have flew over to attend plus roughly forty seven thousand Rangers fans! Looking forward to it and mingling with the Germans in Merchant Square, Glasgow city centre beforehand. 

I think being young, fit and healthy makes me not take all this too seriously - only ever had flu once and numerous colds. (Never broke anything or ever suffered any physical/mental illness)

The other thing is the very low number of cases in Scotland currently - not seeing much panic from family/friends/workplace ect ect.

Totally understand though that some people on this thread suffer from physical/mental illness and other such things - can see why the reaction is different from person to person and of course the country/region we live in. 

I would have absolutely no issue with self isolating if it came to that of course - currently though I am not too concerned with regards to the current number of cases up here. 

A question for you all - Italy has the oldest population in Europe...23% of residents are 65 or older. Many of the deaths in Italy have been people with underlying health issues aged 80 or older. Does this mean we should be less surprised that Italy has the highest number of cases in Europe? Do you think we will actually reach the same levels of cases/fatalities that Italy have/will have? 

I totally agree with our Governments stance currently - if it was to get worse then of course lockdowns should be brought in...but as of now? I don’t think so.

Hope you all stay safe and well - good read in this thread with a good mix of characters.

Edited by Mr Frost
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
1 hour ago, Nick L said:

I agree with the flight ban in principle, but why on earth is the UK not included? It makes no sense.

Totally agree, I guess its a political decision. 

Posted
3 minutes ago, Mr Frost said:

I will be attending the Rangers vs Bayer Leverkusen tonight. (Forty nine/fifty thousand fans in attendance)

One/Two thousand German fans have flew over to attend plus roughly forty seven thousand Rangers fans! Looking forward to it and mingling with the Germans in Merchant Square, Glasgow city centre beforehand. 

I think being young, fit and healthy makes me not take all this too seriously - only ever had flu once and numerous colds. (Never broke anything or ever suffered any physical/mental illness)

The other thing is the very low number of cases in Scotland currently - not seeing much panic from family/friends/workplace ect ect.

Totally understand though that some people on this thread suffer from physical/mental illness and other such things - can see why the reaction is different from person to person and of course the country/region we live in. 

I would have absolutely no issue with self isolating if it came to that of course - currently though I am not too concerned with regards to the current number of cases up here. 

A question for you all - Italy has the oldest population in Europe...23% of residents are 65 or older. Many of the deaths in Italy have been people with underlying health issues aged 80 or older. Does this mean we should be less surprised that Italy has the highest number of cases in Europe? Do you think we will actually reach the same levels of cases/fatalities that Italy have/will have? 

I totally agree with our Governments stance currently - if it was to get worse then of course lockdowns should be brought in...but as of now? I don’t think so.

Hope you all stay safe and well - good read in this thread with a good mix of characters.

You can do what you want to.  Personally i believe you are wrong  but hey  at  the end of the day its up to you 

Edited by weirpig
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.
42 minutes ago, Tilly said:

No I’m not going to. I’ve no idea what political expedience means though lol 

Political, if it was for health then the ban would have reached further than just the EU. The U.K./Ireland and places further east would have been included.

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, alexisj9 said:

Totally agree, I guess its a political decision. 

The ban hasn’t gone down well in mainland Europe .

They feel Trump is trying to scapegoat them to avoid failings of his own administration.

• Like 3

Posted
12 minutes ago, Mr Frost said:

I will be attending the Rangers vs Bayer Leverkusen game tonight. (Forty nine/fifty thousand fans in attendance)

Its a long shot but you might break something tonight - German hearts.

• Like 3

Posted
13 minutes ago, Mr Frost said:

I will be attending the Rangers vs Bayer Leverkusen game tonight. (Forty nine/fifty thousand fans in attendance

Well it's events like this that can be ideal breeding ground for the virus so good luck! 

• Like 1

Posted
47 minutes ago, Nick L said:

Just read that US citizens aren't affected by the ban. What nonsense!

Trump's "wall" is doing a good job....its keeping the number of cases low in Mexico.....

Seriously though, Trump  needs to wake up that the disease in his own backyard.....

• Like 6

Posted
16 minutes ago, Mr Frost said:

Surely isn’t the point of all this is not that you are fit and healthy and prepared to take the risk but if you catch it who gets it from you? You are happy to put others at risk who may be vulnerable because of your apparent don't care about anyone else attitude.  Perhaps that is a trait of many fans.

• Like 3

Posted
1 hour ago, Tilly said:

Great thread everyone, really informative with humour in the right places.

Im not impressed with the way our government are handling things at all. From the minute Boris appeared on This Morning you could tell their reaction to the threat wasn’t going to be sufficient enough to contain anything *facepalm*. I think they’ll react in the end with better measures but it will be too late. It’s already too late imo. 

My personal concern at the moment is large public gatherings. We have tickets to Lewis Capaldi at Wembley SSE arena for tomorrow, capacity 12,500. Why these haven’t been cancelled I’ll never know! I don’t want to go, I think it would be irresponsible. I myself have a very low immune system having not long had a baby and am just picking up cold after cold, currently with a sinus infection. I’ve been poorly on and off since November. But I have elderly relatives with Cancer, diabetes, Heart disease, high bp. Also I have my children to think about. Im not convinced the young are ‘safe’. I don’t think we know the truth and full facts about who this virus is picking off. I think many things about it will have been hidden to reduce panic. I need to keep myself healthy anyway to look after my clan. It’s really annoying though that they’re allowing them to go on. Postponement would’ve been sensible. 

I hope everyone comes through this ok. It is indeed worrying times, fascinating at the same time the way nature can bite back with no warning and throw the world into total chaos. 

ETA: I have already decided not to go tomorrow don’t worry. Reading back it kind of sounds like I was undecided. Forgive me, it’s early! 

Thanks for sharing Tilly.

I'm meant to be going to Disney World on the 21st March for 2 weeks with my wife and daughters. As you can imagine I'm thrilled about the travel ban excluding the UK. I'm hoping that our government see's sense and does the same thing.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.
14 minutes ago, nick sussex said:

The ban hasn’t gone down well in mainland Europe .

They feel Trump is trying to scapegoat them to avoid failings of his own administration.

It is obviously a swipe at the EU schengan system, they can't include Ireland though, as that will send the Irish American community off. 

• Like 3

Posted

Well, I'm self isolated.

Woke up this morning with sore throat, blocked nose and slight headache.

Taking no chances going to work.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow and Hot Sun
3 minutes ago, Joneseye said:

Thanks for sharing Tilly.

I'm meant to be going to Disney World on the 21st March for 2 weeks with my wife and daughters. As you can imagine I'm thrilled about the travel ban excluding the UK. I'm hoping that our government see's sense and does the same thing.

Ah no! I hope by the 21st they’ve pulled their finger out and you’re not forced to make that decision. I really feel for you as a 2 week trip away with the family is a biggie and something you’ve probably all been counting down to for a long time. 

Posted

The issue with the Trump ban from a UK standpoint is the detail bans anyone whose been in the Schengen zone within the last 14 days .

Unless the U.K. starts stamping all passports who enter from that zone then the UK is going to become a transit point for those who can’t fly from Schengen but will then go through London .

So it might be good for UK airlines who fly transatlantic but how many confirmed cases will now be forced to go through London and other airports who connect to the USA.

• Like 3

Posted
Just now, nick sussex said:

The issue with the Trump ban from a UK standpoint is the detail bans anyone whose been in the Schengen zone within the last 14 days .

Unless the U.K. starts stamping all passports who enter from that zone then the UK is going to become a transit point for those who can’t fly from Schengen but will then go through London .

So it might be good for UK airlines who fly transatlantic but how many confirmed cases will now be forced to go through London and other airports who connect to the USA.

This where we just need all travel banned from UK to US to be agreed amicably between Johnson and Trump and then both countries to ban travel between themselves and the EU.

• Like 2

Posted
Just now, Tilly said:

Ah no! I hope by the 21st they’ve pulled their finger out and you’re not forced to make that decision. I really feel for you as a 2 week trip away with the family is a biggie and something you’ve probably all been counting down to for a long time. 

Thanks Tilly. We've been saving for 4 years to go and the kids have been so excited about this. My wife has told me not to go on the Internet as she's in denial.  

• Like 1