Thunder?
Local
Radar
Pollen

Scotland /Alba weather discussion 2020

Posted

First day of Spring and  a decent start. Sunny, calm and chilly at 3C. Hours of sunshine this afternoon if the forecast holds. Days are definitely feeling longer, it wasnt dark here until after 6pm last night.

Farewell Winter 2019/20, you wont be missed!

• Like 7
    Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
    • Replies 5.6k
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some more pics from this morning in the Lomond Hills. Just the most sublime colours at sunrise. We had 12cm this morning, sunny all day except for a slight freshening up in the afternoon, now -0.7C an

Standing an impressive 5ft 5in tall - the kids have done well with limited resources ?

The snow still hasn't come to anything beyond a slushy mess at the house so we went to the snow. At the small car park at the top of Glen Ogle it was proper snow with a few inches on the ground. By th

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny in summer, cold in winter.

Snowing here, nice fat flakes but all melting as they hit the sodden ground. 

• Like 8
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, wild! wild! wild! Frost, a wee bit o' sun....

Nice morning here, 2.9c, light cloud and breeze. Snow disappeared as fast as it came the other day but still some white stuff on the Cuillin. Been quite a calm weekend really and looks as if we'll be back to the usual murky pish this week. Might get out for a wee stroll today before the rain arrives..... again! 

• Like 8
    Posted

Breezy and showery, 5c/3c. Spring starts where winter left off!

• Like 6
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Heavy sleet here for a bit but patches of blue sky appearing again. 

• Like 6
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, warm/hot plumes, snow, anything severe

Current scene near Glenshee Ski Centre, Scotland

scotland.png

• Like 5
    Posted

Sleety snow showers again. Fair billowing about in the heavier bursts. Nothing lying below 350m and Meto yellow warning has disappeared. 

• Like 5
    Posted

Heavy wet snow for a time this morning but nothing settling. Absolutely perishingly cold wind and sunshine this afternoon and back to sleety pish / wet snow showers this evening.

Edited by 101_North
    • Like 5
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw, Snaw and mair Snaw

Woke up to wet snow falling this morning...today has been the worst kind of weather low temperatures and damp its felt really cold all day.

It looks like we might get some drier weather this week hopefully some sunshine too which will make a nice change from all the recent grey.

• Like 5
    Posted

Down to -0.1C overnight making it my twenty-ninth air frost. Scrape scrape scrape.

• Like 8
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.
    2 hours ago, Northernlights said:

Down to see Aurora Storm in Edinburgh at the weekend and as above saw many saturated fields just like  ours even on the high grade Lothian soils..Probably think all winter cereals are compromised now as they all look a terrible colour and in need of nutrients but tractors would just sink applying fertiliser.  Higher bread prices in the autumn? A lot of English wheat never sown last autumn and growers thinking of fallowing to allow soil structure to repair itself. Ground is the wettest I have ever seen it in over 50 years.A chink of light is that land nearer Aberdeen seems to be dryer.

Fine day here too with a ground frost at 2c but would need a succession of them for a few weeks to allow ground to dry out.

Apparently Aberdeen had its sunniest ever February! So far here today it has been sun all the way  after early frost lifted. Clouds appearing to the West just now though. Currently 5.6C

Edited by Norrance
    • Like 7
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Gorgeous Spring morning here with not a cloud in sight. Cool but beginning to warm up in the sunshine. 3.1C

• Like 9
    Posted

Absolutely stunning morning. More please. If it ain't gonna snow then I'll take this for weeks. Cloudless sky, actually feels warm in the sun. Enjoyed my cycle more than I have for a while. Just lovely. Another morning like this and I might take my time and get the camera out on the way into work ?

• Like 8
    Posted

Ditto abve fine morning with the birds singing for the first time this spring with even a solitary oyster catcher on a ploughed field. Hills very white to the west. Currently 6c

• Like 4
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns
    2 hours ago, 101_North said:

Absolutely stunning morning. More please. If it ain't gonna snow then I'll take this for weeks. Cloudless sky, actually feels warm in the sun. Enjoyed my cycle more than I have for a while. Just lovely. Another morning like this and I might take my time and get the camera out on the way into work ?

Nae selfies in the lycra ?

• Like 4
    Posted
    29 minutes ago, edo said:

Nae selfies in the lycra ?

It's a deal ? ?

• Like 2