Thunder?
Local
Radar
Pollen

Scotland /Alba weather discussion 2020

Spotted a post you think may be an issue? Please help the team by reporting it.
  • Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some more pics from this morning in the Lomond Hills. Just the most sublime colours at sunrise. We had 12cm this morning, sunny all day except for a slight freshening up in the afternoon, now -0.7C an

Standing an impressive 5ft 5in tall - the kids have done well with limited resources ?

The snow still hasn't come to anything beyond a slushy mess at the house so we went to the snow. At the small car park at the top of Glen Ogle it was proper snow with a few inches on the ground. By th

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw, Snaw and mair Snaw

The temperature got down to -1.9deg/C last night which gave us a nice crisp frosty morning...a noticeably colder feel to the day.

Around 21:30 a wee bit of snow blew through it only lasted a few minutes unfortunately, I see some are having better luck with the white stuff than around here.

I miss the winters when you opened the curtains in the morning to find it had snowed during the night .

• Like 9
    Posted

Another lovely frosty, sunny morning. 0c.

Great to see some folks getting snow ?

• Like 3
    Posted
    1 hour ago, JamesM said:

Not masses of snow but a decent covering and it's frozen and crispy, not wet and slushy. 

Winter 2019/20 won't go down as completely snowless for me.

Barring a miracle (i.e. lying snow before Sunday) I'll have another snowless (meteorological) winter under my belt in the East Neuk of Fife. It's good to be back! ?

Glad to see some west coasters get a little bit of the white stuff though. Other folks don't understand the pain of living so close to the sea!

@CatchMyDrift SEPA figures are eye-opening. It's felt comparatively wet around here this month but St Monans (a mile down the road from me) has recorded 127mm of rainfall (Leuchars is at 141mm) so far this year while Inveruglas on Loch Lomond has recorded 1,024mm! ?

• Like 5
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Wind driven falling snow
    8 minutes ago, Hawesy said:

Barring a miracle (i.e. lying snow before Sunday) I'll have another snowless (meteorological) winter under my belt in the East Neuk of Fife. It's good to be back! ?

Glad to see some west coasters get a little bit of the white stuff though. Other folks don't understand the pain of living so close to the sea!

@CatchMyDrift SEPA figures are eye-opening. It's felt comparatively wet around here this month but St Monans (a mile down the road from me) has recorded 127mm of rainfall (Leuchars is at 141mm) so far this year while Inveruglas on Loch Lomond has recorded 1,024mm! ?

Let's play a game of highest/lowest. Here's a good shout for lowest:

164688071_Screenshot_20200227-110050_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.8d4e4032653c94a5ec2c30232a09d18c.jpg

Edit:

Not even close:

560176168_Screenshot_20200227-110346_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.ba56a561383be4fb565a9dfd978fee8c.jpg

Edited by CatchMyDrift
    • Like 4
    Posted
    19 minutes ago, CatchMyDrift said:

Let's play a game of highest/lowest. Here's a good shout for lowest:

164688071_Screenshot_20200227-110050_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.8d4e4032653c94a5ec2c30232a09d18c.jpg

Edit:

Not even close:

560176168_Screenshot_20200227-110346_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.ba56a561383be4fb565a9dfd978fee8c.jpg

? Over a year though, I'd go with either the East Neuk of Fife or coastal east Lothian for the lowest!

The (relatively) dry, sunny climate here is the payback for the scarceness of snow! 

• Like 6
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun and Snow

Overnight we had some more snow with a light covering on the ground this morning. This afternoon so far has been sunny with a few hail and sleet showers passing through.

• Like 9
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms
    10 minutes ago, Norrance said:

Sunny with less wind than yesterday so feeling warmer.

Here is same part of upper Tay valley a week apart. The deer have come back!

654A9CF4-3264-4C2C-8098-82BA2193BDCF.jpeg

C61589F6-9275-4C80-95F9-BD6E2DF6775B.jpeg

I'm sure @Hairy Celt will be delighted :oldrofl:

• Like 8
    Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...
    2 minutes ago, Northern Strath said:

That’s the one @Kirkcaldy Weather ?

Heavy snow down to sea level Inverness for a solid hour or more earlier, predictably the local forecast/apps were absolute miles off. Snowed up at the house most of the morning, yesterday had it’s moments too 

Now you're making me pine for God's Country NS!?

Edited by General Cluster
    NS I mean!
    • Like 7
    Posted

Relative calm now OK still a breeze but a nice pleasant sunny if cold afternoon all too brief calm though before the weekend

• Like 7