Snow?

Scotland /Alba weather discussion 2020

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some more pics from this morning in the Lomond Hills. Just the most sublime colours at sunrise. We had 12cm this morning, sunny all day except for a slight freshening up in the afternoon, now -0.7C an

Standing an impressive 5ft 5in tall - the kids have done well with limited resources ?

The snow still hasn't come to anything beyond a slushy mess at the house so we went to the snow. At the small car park at the top of Glen Ogle it was proper snow with a few inches on the ground. By th

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, 101_North said:

For all the 'storms' of late tonight is the first with the wind really ratting round the house. Gusts of about 50mph so nothing out of the ordinary but sounds wild!

Yep there are some very odd noises I've not heard before! And the security light keeps coming on. Currently 45mph gusting 55mph.

• Like 9

The gusts might be not be anything special but this sounds like a storm should sound! Turned the idiot box off just to sit and listen.

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 9

Really worryingly windy in braemar tonight, was some flooding in the village last night and the snow gates are shut to Glenshee. Gonna be leaving here soon , not sure to where yet but wont miss the late night drives over the hill..

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Hairy Celt said:

Still gusting fearsomely in Caithness but at least it's dry and sunny.

God that was a miserable weekend and I feel for the folk who got flooded out.  Let's hope that was the worst of it.

Spoke too soon there. Lashing sideways cold rain. (sideways through time...)

It flies
Sideways through time
It's an electric line
To your Zodiac sign

• Like 5
2 hours ago, moffatross said:

The Met Office have just issued a yellow weather warning for snow above 200 m ASL across a large part of the upland Highlands area and a good chunk of the Southern Uplands. The Euro 4 is modelling impressive new snow accumulations over the mountains between now and tomorrow night.

euro4_uk1-46-41-0.png?17-11

Hurrah for the mountains ?

• Like 8

Gusty winds and blustery showers over the last few days. The issue through this week looks to be the dew points being too high (1-2 C ) even though there will be 850 temps of around -6 so for us low level dwellers I dont think we will see any snow but could be some for the usual higher areas which benefit from a W/NW erly. I haven't really looked at the models recently but cant remember the last time the ensembles showed a near constant snow risk, just unfortunate its marginal, cant we just get a non marginal setup? ? :nonono: graphe3_1001___-3.16202_56.10878_.thumb.png.5076a094ef63b96e3cd8988315b1f87b.png

• Like 4

9C and wall to wall sunshine as I left the Aberdeen office this afternoon. Spring begins in under a fortnight, and 28 days later the clocks go forward. Should be enough daylight to hit the hills after work for a couple of hours.

Counting the days.....?

• Like 5
4 hours ago, moffatross said:

The Met Office have just issued a yellow weather warning for snow above 200 m ASL across a large part of the upland Highlands area and a good chunk of the Southern Uplands. The Euro 4 is modelling impressive new snow accumulations over the mountains between now and tomorrow night.

2.8/2°C here at the moment. Precipitation a couple of hours away. Can't be late for work in the morning..... 

• Like 5
4 hours ago, moffatross said:

Great. I just need a late growth spurt and I should get a dusting.

• Like 5