Scotland /Alba weather discussion 2020

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some more pics from this morning in the Lomond Hills. Just the most sublime colours at sunrise. We had 12cm this morning, sunny all day except for a slight freshening up in the afternoon, now -0.7C an

Standing an impressive 5ft 5in tall - the kids have done well with limited resources ?

The snow still hasn't come to anything beyond a slushy mess at the house so we went to the snow. At the small car park at the top of Glen Ogle it was proper snow with a few inches on the ground. By th

Posted Images

Heavy snow in Motherwell again, not really settling and as soon as it stops it's melting away quickly, quite slushy and slippy looking at the moment.

• Like 5
On 08/02/2020 at 17:24, Ross90 said:

Tonight has been a bit of a let down so far considering 5-6pm was forecast as the period of strongest winds, 50 - 55mph max in the lower parts of Strathclyde.

all rain here..very went and v gusty in kilmarnock

• Like 2

Eased off here but the best covering since April '18 from that last prolonged shower. Probably about 2cm at best but looks nice and happy kids. 

• Like 8

Couple of centimetres here so far, my youngest has started on a snowman. If it keeps up overnight should have a good covering by tomorrow ❄️?️❄️

• Like 8
3 hours ago, Ravelin said:

A few snowflakes blowing around in the wind, and sun, this morning in Alford from one shower that had managed to breach the Cairngorm Snow Shield. It really was very light though and the rest of the day so far has been bright and sunny, with a keen wind.

The MetO forecast for Alford has more chance of snow this evening and overnight, but with the wind still being shown as westerly then I'm not going to hold my breath. For the NE we really need a front to move in, or for the wind to be coming from a NW direction through to E for showers to be of any use.

Noticed a few cars, covered in snow, heading into Aberdeen on the way home from work. Gritters are spreading and have the snow blades fitted. 

Once into the vale of Alford, you can see the snow clouds to the south and west. Another 30 miles east and it would be snowing here. 1.5C.

• Like 5

2C, light breeze and a fading blue sky in Halkirk.  The fields are green and the trees black.

Next job is going to have to be somewhere high but I think I'm stuffed for lying snow this winter.  Seeing little scraps on north-facing verges is as good as today has got, and then I had the pleasure of listening to tales of Drumochter drama. Ach well.

• Like 8
6 minutes ago, Sceptical said:

Noticed a few cars, covered in snow, heading into Aberdeen on the way home from work. Gritters are spreading and have the snow blades fitted. 

Once into the vale of Alford, you can see the snow clouds to the south and west. Another 30 miles east and it would be snowing here. 1.5C.

I share your pain.

• Like 5

Lots of snow here, on and off blizzards all day.

I have a non-weather-related question to ask, I hope it's ok. Does anybody in here know how to do a cv? If so, could you PM me?

Edited by mardatha
  • Like 3

Plenty of snow on the hills today here in Dunoon the most there's been so far this winter. We've had heavy showers all day and the lightning radar showed a few strikes nearby. At low level it has snowed for the first time this winter however it just melts away instantly.

• Like 5
12 minutes ago, 101_North said:

About 1 inch on the grass now. Not bad all things considered ?

What the actual..... You have an inch to play with when i dont.... My kids will not be amused.... To be fair I'm not home yet but perth centre has nothing lying... Lets hope the additional 20m elevation helps at Luncarty....... Certainly no problem showers making it through

Looks great though well deserved ?

• Like 8
13 minutes ago, Hairy Celt said:

I share your pain.

Sleet/snow is forecast for here in a couple of hours. I did begin to wonder when I saw the snow ploughs on the prowl this afternoon.

Early commute tomorrow to avoid the simpletons that cant drive in snow.

• Like 4