Norrance

Scotland /Alba weather discussion 2020

23 minutes ago, bigsnow said:

Only a 50% chance... I wouldn't go getting my measuring stick out..😂😂

You're assuming I've put Scraggy the measuring stick away since the BFTE?

I'm just glad it's Friday night, Monday is a long way off and we may yet get blizzarded. Unlikely though, far less likely than the chances of me drinking more than I really should tonight.

('No lemon', says Ms HC.)

Edited by Hairy Celt

8 hours ago, bigsnow said:

Just been out to the garage to cut my wood for tonight..

20200124_135852.jpg

20200124_135903.jpg

20200124_135855.jpg

Where's your axe? A chop saw for firewood, you heathen!!

And back to above average temperatures after the short lived cooler spell monday-wednesday. We can't even hold on to average temperatures for more than a few days. This weather pattern is anything but zonal, the jet stream is further north than it should be this winter and it wants to stay that way

external.png

10 hours ago, Hairy Celt said:

Where's your axe? A chop saw for firewood, you heathen!!

He's not chopping firewood he's building a boat to sale to Scandinavia for some snaw. Away to station park Forfar to watch my kids football this morning so dare I say it one benefit of this winter is good weather for the kids and watching adults. I'm trying to cling to this to avoid moaning about no snow. 

I've got a snowflake on XC Weather and on the met office 🤫 preparing for blizzagga!!!!!!!!! 

Screenshot_20200125-132714.png

Screenshot_20200125-132751.png

I'm away to buy bread and milk... bread and milk..

In the here and now.. I've never seen one of these during winter in the South East of England let alone the far North East of Scotland 

20200125_135028.jpg

Edited by bigsnow

18 minutes ago, bigsnow said:

In the here and now.. I've never seen one of these during winter in the South East of England let alone the far North East of Scotland 

20200125_135028.jpg

Well now you can at least say you've seen 3 quarters of one in January 😂🤣

Edited by 101_North

24 minutes ago, bigsnow said:

20200125_135028.jpg

It might have been hibernating in your wood store and you've woken it up and killed it. Sadistic heathen.

Our Monday morning snowflake has reappeared AND we now have a snowflake for Monday teatime   snowblower.thumb.jpg.1549cef1ee29b4a1372d0879eaf565e8.jpg

Meto forecast mentions lying snow at times between Mon- wed before getting milder later Wednesday (no mention of hills!) guess who leaves early on Monday and gets back late Wednesday 🤣

We now have THREE snowflakes for Monday and one for Tuesday!!!  image.thumb.png.0e93b5f249d253530e4686abe14eb29c.png  

I'm just so excited... especially as I won't be here and Caithness gets ZERO snowflakes. 

Great photos SS!

Met O warning out for ice with 2-6cm of snow forecast above 100m in central Scotland (300m southern Scotland). That gives some of our members a chance of seeing some accumulating snow! Fingers crossed!

Edited by Hawesy

Well, my snowflake has been coming and going faster than a magician on acid, but now he's got a mate lined up for an early morning party!! 

Screenshot_20200126-115328.png

Edited by snowidea

The Met Office isn't showing any snow for here, the Beeb has a flake or two on Turesday and that's it, the Beeb weather is also saying next weekend to be very mild.

This snow depth prediction also shows Fife not getting very much.

Pic 1.jpg

The first wintry shower has arrived  here with sleet and hail.😀

Similar setup to that one a few weeks ago and again the Great Glen (and just to the west of this) look best @West Highland Storm get the camera ready for some snowy pics. 20-30 cm in best spots also good chance of thunder for the western isles and far west coast. 1831154062_nmm_uk1-45-36-3(1).thumb.png.932f2d69c4fea253e80d3b7ba1dccdbc.png