Scotland /Alba weather discussion 2020

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some more pics from this morning in the Lomond Hills. Just the most sublime colours at sunrise. We had 12cm this morning, sunny all day except for a slight freshening up in the afternoon, now -0.7C an

Standing an impressive 5ft 5in tall - the kids have done well with limited resources ?

The snow still hasn't come to anything beyond a slushy mess at the house so we went to the snow. At the small car park at the top of Glen Ogle it was proper snow with a few inches on the ground. By th

Posted Images

Just now, Glaswegianblizzard said:

I tried taking a vid of the lightning but being in the city the street lights crowd it out. Is the lightning actually from the storm itself or is it something else? The last few flashes seemed closer.

There's stuff all over:

564974146_Screenshot_20200811-230114_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.e42e8f2c44844adea2bbdae964447bee.jpg

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, howham said:

I have a 5 month old... 😂

And we have a 6mth old... puppy, so I expect if there's thunder here there will be a big furry lump landing on our bed in double quick time. She sleeps in her own bed by ours, and normally if she tries to get up with us during the night she's shifted sharpish. I doubt she'll shift if there's thunder. 

For those of you currently in prime spots, enjoy the show. 

Edited by Ravelin
21 minutes ago, Ross90 said:

Quite eerie in Motherwell, distant lightning every 10 - 20 seconds but no thunder so it must be a long way off.

Quite frequent flashes in the sky 5 or 10 minutes ago - seems to have died down, for now.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Mr Frost said:

It’s not the Edinburgh storm mate - stuff you are seeing is elevated. (Popping up all over the place)

0E5F69A4-3EDF-4E21-A1F3-B0B536FCB877.thumb.png.3c29ca500a231b5da14699f44a2dfa08.png

If you look at blitzortung it shows it as all to the east and associated with those storms. Not sure why it's so different? 

If you play the radar back a few hours the trough appears to be very slowly moving to the west/North West so more central areas surely in with a shout over the next few hours. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Mr Frost said:

Amber thunderstorm warnings just went out?

Central, Tayside and Fife, Dumfries, Galloway, Lothian and Borders, Grampian.

The Amber warning area shape looks like a tornado 🌪 

• Like 2
38 minutes ago, Ross B said:

Hopefully @Stormeh has driven to the forth road bridge to get some good lightning photos for us 😂

I have ahaha this is amazing 🤣

I am near Dalgety Bay 😁

Awesome storm, totally worth the trip, constant thunder and lightning 😁

• Like 2

My poor garage is up over my ankles in water! I knew that drain needed pressure jetted 😳

Edited by 101_North
  • Like 3

Huge crack of thunder right outside the house like an explosion , car alarms going off, scared the crap out of me and woke the kids up. Getting silly this now 

• Like 5

The cloud is fast moving it now looks like its running from east to west, possibly to do with the convection of the thunder clouds, all of the action seems to be to the west from here there is a good 10sec gap from flash to bang well more of a rumble really no explosive loud bangs yet.

This is amazing its just about as good as a foot of snaw...

• Like 4
Just now, JoeShmoe said:

Huge crack of thunder right outside the house like an explosion , car alarms going off, scared the crap out of me and woke the kids up. Getting silly this now 

Send it our way if you're bored 😂

• Like 2

Looking at the radar the pattern has changed its moving almost directly for here now...I'am going to try and capture some video.

As I type this its getting more intense outside.

• Like 2